A significant update to Industry

Unless they are hiding some SOV changes deep…yeah…the tin foil works. Sov changes being something BC and below matter beyond canon fodder.

Even if predicted cap suppression happens (big if, imo) I started in space poor BS heavy SOV ops in first home. Back then it was okay…tier 3 was not stupid priced. Which was good…heavy bs ops means heavy bs losses.

100 BS slow boating across 20+ systems…yeah this isn’t subtle or rapid. You could almost imagine the other side go…wtf man, can you get here any faster please. Move your butts…so we can kick your butt. We got lives man… lol

1 Like

have you ever heard of inflation?
Seems you did not. No wonder you make fallacious arguments.

A sub now is approx 1.2B. If it was 160M at the time, it would then be NORMAL that a 88M ship becomes 650M.

The reason the ship became 650M is not inflation though. Its scarcity + new industry. Ships were cheap before ore redistribution changes. ISK Inflation is not the reason.

Resources were abundant.

6 Likes

False premise.

Ships are not “650M”. You are making a market-related attribute a ship-related attribute.

It’s okay in usual language, but when you try to make causation, you need to pinpoint what exactly you are talking about.

So you can’t buy, now, a given ship below 650M. Does not mean this is a long-lasting state. Does not mean this became the general state. So, does not mean this 650M is an attribute of the ship.

1 Like

You’re right, there is no reason it should cost 650 million. I’ll sell you my unused Megathron for 1.3 billion.

Alas, I cannot edit my last post. Lest anyone mistake my genuine earnestness for snark, I do stand behind my actions:

1 Like

You can’t edit because slow mode prevents edits. Yay!

I think some of us have forgotten an important factor here:

Not only is this the blind leading the blind the people that designed this DIRECTLY benefit from it at my expense, and yours. This is a damn joke made reality.

2 Likes

And is still on, a month later!

Welcome to Feldustry.

3 Likes

So what is the problem here?From your attitude you’re implying that this is a bad thing .Listen people for the last time , i remember post after post that CCP developers doesn’t play the game and all the changes that are applied to the game are bad and developers don’t know what they are doing bla bla bla. Keneth is a respectful member of the community ,he is a csm member and he is actually an industrialist and a small one . Nobody can accuse him of been in the cartel goons etc .So helping ccp if that happened is a good thing (but probably it is a photo shop) .Because pandemic legion has some old members of bob i dont want to hear that oh its 2007 again bla bla .This changes are for the well being of the game and the public in general . Mr Keneth has no personal gains from this patch .Everybody can watch his interview in talking in stations twitch to confirm that .For all you the conspiracy people the patches doesn’t benefit a single organization or cartel , it is only meant to benefit the game overall and the experience of the small random industrial guy. But it is rly hilarious watching people use the conspiracy card to stop progress once again .And then people wonder why ccp only reads reedit …

This is actually true for a number of tech2 items/ships. If you only buy the required materials off the market (even when buying the basic mats and running the reactions yourself) you will net in the negative. Not a lot in the negative but still you’ll have a ‘-’ sign in front of your returns. And that’s BEFORE you count in sales tax, broker and relist fees.

This isn’t the case with all the tech2 items/ships though.

1 Like

OK, so the only part you want to do is the farming up of the BPCs, and I presume the mining and building of ships? Gotcha.

Do you have your own production station, or are you using NPC / freeports? If you’re using NPC stations, I’m surprised you managed to turn a profit pre-changes as things were pretty tight in player-owned low tax stations.

Why is putting down roots bad, per se? If you don’t want to, that’s one thing. But again, you’re talking about a very specific niche playstyle here - nomadic pirate hunter / miner / industrialist combo isn’t something I imagine ranks highly in the major professions among Eve players.

I do indeed have an alt who sits in Perimeter and buys from the market to build ships. You can do so pretty profitably if you keep a good eye on contracts, out of game selling tools and so on - have made billions on that character. I reiterate - if you can make more money selling the components than you can the completed ship, you are better off selling those components and buying the finished ship, so I feel like your maths is incorrect somewhere. What drives the prices for stuff down are smaller producers taking the ‘the minerals/BPCs/moon goo/whatever I mine are free’ approach and listing stuff for below cost of production. Goons are/were particularly bad for this approach on a truly industrial scale.

As for the suggestion that these changes have been put in place to support RMTing direct ship purchases, this is the point where I feel even you realise you’re not making an argument any more. It’s the final resort of everyone unwilling to adapt to change in this game - accusing CCP of doing it to drive people to buy Plex.

Got fùcked man, im sorry but there is no other way to say it. They got fùcked. The dudes operating out of npc stations. Which is everyone who can’t afford their own structures and/or refuses to march to someone else’s whims to gain access.

He has established industrial infrastructure.

Why would anyone give a ■■■■ what he’s saying? Actions speak for themselves.

They don’t

We’ll see wont we. Because they aren’t going to roll it back.

Yeah… they dont read reddit either.

That is a huge factor at play here, and thats why they feel like they’re making money. I mean they are, just nowhere near what they should be because their cost is artificially lower and it forces the rest of us to sell at their price or just don’t sell.

I laid it out somewhere in this clusterfùck of a thread, but I dont mine either. I kill hauler spawns for trit, they are everywhere. I melt rat loot for everything else. I then build my ships in the nearest station/structure I have access to with industry enabled. I then haul in fittings while they’re cooking. Once that’s done I have several fit faction ships ready to fly. Not sell.

3 Likes

Hmmm. interesting playstyle, I like the idea. But, and you’re gonna hate me for suggesting this, if you’re hauling in the fittings, why not haul in the pretty small amount of intermediary products you need to complete the builds?

Fair enough a couple of those are gonna be hefty items to import (Auto-integrity thingys and the other one that uses a lot of PI), but if you carry those two prints, ship in the extra bits (reinforced carbon fibre) and run the PI in your staging area for the pretty small amount of PI stuff you need, you can remain self-sufficient without ridiculous hauling about the place.

Obviously this is additional faff, but then I’d imagine if faff scared you, you wouldn’t be doing what you are doing anyway.

Did you claim causation, or did you just randomly asked if he heard of inflation?

Is it not your claim that higher price is caused by inflation?

2 Likes

Definitely not.

My claim is, that money in itself has no value and that giving a arbitrary value is meaningless outside of context.

This is your argument when you use these words:

In reference to:

Because a logical person following along would have to assume you were blaming inflation for the price increases. If your intent was to speak on the “real” value of money as a concept why did you choose those completely unrelated words?

3 Likes

A logical person would not assume an arbitrary interpretation.
That’s actually what a non-logical person does.

You know he’s Pandemic Legion, right? And that Pandemic Legion is part of the Tranquility Trade Consortium, along with Goonswarm? So, yes, we can accuse him of being in the cartel.

Yup. Totally trust his words. Don’t look at things like Kenneth being given the information months ahead of the rest of the CSM about the COSMOS gasses becoming much, much more valuable, and then his alliance kicking off a war to take those constellations. That was totally coincidence, right?

8 Likes

^^^^^

1 Like

^^^^^