A significant update to Industry

Goalpost slowly shifts.

1 Like

Yep. you did shift them.

All I did was point out your error and you shifted them.

Twice

1 Like

The error in thinking is on your part. There is little value in comparing arbitrarily chosen points on a line graph.

1 Like

Its about perspective. Zoom in enough and it looks flat, but it ainā€™t.

1 Like

Arbitrarily chosen perspectives. I can arbitrarily choose 2004 and say weā€™re doing great. See how that works?

1 Like

If you chose 2004 it wouldnā€™t be arbitraryā€¦

Changes like this that drive people out of certain economic niches, and out of the game for some, add up. Every pilot missing is one less producer, seller, targetā€¦ They need to be drawing people in, not pushing them out.

1 Like

It is. I just chose it to support a narrative, just like you guys are. Your perspective needs to be expansive, not myopic. I guess you missed my point. Your mind appears to be made up and not open to disconfirming evidence. Bad scientist is bad.

Dude, a five year span leading to the present is not arbitrary. It highlights a standing trend. Using 2004 is not arbitrary either, itā€™s intentionally deceptive.

Arbitrary:
based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

1 Like

Right, exactly. Your guys personal whim to choose this time period or that time period to paint a picture of doom and gloom. Duurr

I think the current number of players is better than too few, or even worse too many.

1 Like

But choosing a certain period and stating ā€œAlready Reboundingā€ is ok?
You chose a 5 month period to show a ā€œsummer breakā€ and claimed average online was improving, yet looking at the numbers over 2 week periods the numbers are DOWN.
You chose an inaccurate period to make a point and got called on it. Accept you were wrong and get over it.

You must have trouble following conversations, or youā€™re being dishonest. Kind of hard to assume good faith on your part, so Iā€™m gonna go with ā€œbeing dishonestā€. I was responding to an arbitrarily selected portion of the PCU graph with more recent, disconfirming evidence. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with that; it was contextually relevant. Then the goalpost shifted to ā€œ5 months agoā€ an then you shifted it to ā€œ5 years agoā€. Shift shift shift. Gotta hold up that narrative.

Youā€™re being dishonest and manipulating the data in a dishonest way. Shame on you.

No, I didnā€™t. That was the other guy. Stop lying.

It is in relation to what I was responding to. Be honest and keep things in context.

Arbitrarily selected portion to support a narrative. Yawn. First it was ā€œ5 months agoā€, then it was ā€œ5 years agoā€, and now itā€™s ā€œlook at this random 2 week periodā€. Jesus dude, just take your L with grace.

1 Like

Ok. so the US has summers that last 5 months, so your original post about numbers rebounding based on your 5 month summer was accurate. But then for the month proceeding your 5 month summer, numbers actually dropped but Iā€™m the one being dishonest.
EveOffline is ONLY accurate when you use it.

Got it. Iā€™m dishonest because I used the same available information as you to show you were not right.

Get over yourself, you got it wrong and got called out. Boo Hoo.

1 Like

What I dont understand is why if you dislike CCPs decisions so much you are so invested in wanting to improve their bank.

1 Like

lolwhat? No, my dude, no no no. lmao

Summer is 3 months long, comprised of the months June, July, and August.

Keep lying and twisting instead of taking your L with grace.

1 Like

Derailed thread is derailed.

Industry changes still bad. There, back on topic.

3 Likes

So why then did you include May and September in your ā€œIt was Summer my dudeā€, ā€œalready reboundingā€ post?
Your summer (my winter) shows 21k average, yet since then the average to date has dropped to 20k. Where is the rebound you stated?

And Iā€™m the one lying and twisting.

Not sure how pointing out a blatant posting error by Xuixien points to me not liking CCP decisions or shows I am invested in improving their bank.
Seems to me youā€™re injecting your own narrative here.

For context and comparison.

On the image I posted.

Yes.

And here I thought we were all back on topic. aww, shucks.

1 Like

Ypu have repeatedly stated your objections to their decisions on numerous topics, not least Scarcity and now Downtime asteroid regeneration.

Now you are arguing that the player numbers are dying.

Whats wrong with you that you seem to have forgotten these things because you want an argument?

2 Likes