A significant update to Industry

People use PI alts. @Kenneth_Feld told in an interview that people now should use reactions alts as well.

Alts make CCP money.

3 Likes

Ugh vile.

Alts yes, PI and Reactions no

The fact people pay to literally receive nothing.

They could just buy plex instead

3 Likes

Ok guys )

I mean, they pay to get back to where they already were in a way.

I guess, but in stead of paying to have an alt to do nothing for a while, then have another alt pick up the stuff and sell at Jita, just buy plex instead?

Maybe thats the plan, but it doesnt really make CCP any more or less money

Another three weeks have passed and this is still bullshƬt. Just a friendly reminder.

1 Like

That moment when you realize even Evan McLean isnā€™t feeding caps anymore.

Yā€™all seeing that they had every opportunity to fix this nonsense and chose to fail? They are making it even more complex and tedious to mine and otherwise extract materials needed for industry. Then theyā€™re touting it as if itā€™s a good thing.

This is colloquially known as pissing on your leg and telling you its raining. @CCP_Rattati

CCPlease, just quit ā€œfixingā€ things that arenā€™t broken. There are plenty of actually broken things you could be fixing. Iā€™m looking at you proteus, and literally every revenue source that isnā€™t trig related.

And why the hell is this still in slow mode??

3 Likes

Itā€™s 33k vs 30k now. And this is after EVE debuted on Epic in September (+9k new accounts on 1st day).
2016 & 2017 were the best years. Everything after Trig ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  is a downfall. See the long term trend. 2020 is pandemic exception as all games gained attention (slightly above trend).

5 Likes

kdude.

I have provided a thorough analysis on my blog:

https://www.james315.space/2021/11/13/miner-madness/

1 Like

Not according to that graph

Details. Donā€™t be so picky. You can see that I analyze last 5 years, canā€™t you? Anyway we talk about last indy patch. Not 2003, 2010 nor 2012 which is a history. In the last 18 years you can see 5 trends but this is irrelevant to current situation.

I dont disagree the last industry patch was terrible, but I also dont think

1. its responsible for the drop in of itself

2. that thinskinned unprepared krabs leaving the game is bad

The mining update will hopefully burn a few more of them out

1 Like

It really is.

No, its definitely not the only factor at play here.

But, butā€¦ muh targetsā€¦

Tbh the only people calling that are krabs putting words in others mouths

1 Like

If the mineral content is doubled again, the collection speed is doubled. I believe it will reverse peopleā€™s negative evaluation of the game and constantly suppress peopleā€™s happiness. This is not what a game should do.

Youā€™re not wrong there either. Iā€™m not gonna mine the rocks though, so i kinda do want other people to do it and excel at it so my ā– ā– ā– ā–  is cheap again.

1 Like

And plenty will, just not the morons who think afk rorq krabbing is elite mining

Itā€™s not ONLY Rorq and Orca miners that are leavingā€¦ lower end miners are also leaving due to the changes the game had gone through for the last couple of years.

1 Like