A significant update to Industry

They are leaving now, when its just been announced their yields will be higher and not before?

Doubt

2 Likes

most of that (if true) is due to lack of understanding of the changes and reduction of overpowered solo mining capabilities of the Rorq and Orca, nothing more than greedy players getting upset over having to change their meta.

1 Like

I think it’s due to the +100% comment in the devblog and players not understanding how the waste/inefficiency mechanism works.

They ■■■■■■ up with the whole waste mechanic man. Of course people don’t like it, they never like losing things. First of all, it doesn’t fit the highly advanced Sci-fi narrative. It’s also convoluted as hell, just like the industry changes. To take something that’s been super simple since literally forever and make people do extra ■■■■ to not quite get back to what they had before is an insult. I’m not comparing it to “scarcity”, which was already a joke, its being compared to before that. Monstrous rocks and 100% efficiency. Cycle times and yield per cycle were plenty enough variable for 18 years. The real problem is they sold this as if it were a return to that then delivered this nonsense. It is not what they wanted, and they don’t think its good for the game overall. The frigate changes are outright stupid. I personally believe it’s another mistake in a long line of @CCP_Rattati lead terrible decisions. It reeks of pearl abyss meddling, and it will damage the overall health of the game. By health I mean concurrent player connections, and people actually in space. I just don’t know to what degree yet.

2 Likes

Hey Princess, I just read your blog. If all the miners get ganked by CCP in one fell swoop, how do you think you are going to get new catalysts? Do you think ships magic themselves out of thin air?

1 Like

No, you need thin air and miners salt.

Guess what, the batteries are fully charged now.

Strange didn’t know you could Hide your profiles… why are you hiding?

However, I think this is derailing the original post.

Also, I’m not sure what the major protests are about anyway, the changes seem to be largely positive, with some simplification and some nerfs to Rorqual and Skiffs.

Yup stoked by others too no doubt

I mean, Waste is an incorrect term.

Bonus Ore would be better.

Not really, as you do not get that extra ore, it just doesn’t go wasted but you still have to mine it.

‘Waste’ is an accurate description.

‘Bonus’ ore makes me think of the annoying and lazy practice of many games that award players bonuses for playing the game the developers want the players to play without actually designing the game in a way that this happens naturally.

Maybe you get bonus ore on the login-screen xD

1 Like

Waste clearly makes people who dont read the notes think they arent getting all they should, which isnt the case.

Like bonus SP on login?

1 Like

redeem SP, buy extractor, sell injector, buy ore.

Here, bonus Ore on the login :smiley:

1 Like

Blegh :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Players aren’t losing anything.

A T1 miner mines the same amount as before from a field.

A T2 miner mines more than they current mine by @65%.

A factional miner mines even more than they currently mine from a field by 100%

People should like at waste as how inefficient the miner is. And if you want to mine more resources from a field you meta and skill up. It’s not rocket science

They are losing potential. Which is all that was added, and still by far less than before scarcity took hold.
You flying the 900m hulks to get 100% efficiency? Perhaps you wouldn’t mind mentioning where you’re going to be doing that? I would gladly pay a hecate each to delete that kind of stupidity and resell the modules to you at a fair price.

3 Likes

There is not enough faction modules to talk about them. Scratch that for now.

For the noob, low skilled, and the poor, you also need to take into account that you waste the ore before anything is put into your hold. It is not 50-50 distributed waste+ore in your hold.

So your last cycle that would normally finish the asteroid, instead of timing it to approximately the moment you have mine what is left (which would result in 100% waste and 0% in your hold with T1 with the proposed change), you need to stop the cycle to approximately half that is left. If you are not paying attention, or if you are not a bot able to precisely stop the cycle to extract the optimal, you will end up with less ore than before (with T1 for sure) ,because there will always be more waste on the last cycle. The smaller the rock and the less cycles you need to finish the rock, the more waste due to timing, even if you are paying attention, because you are not a bot (I guess).

Because of the “waste first” mechanic, I would not advise to shoot the 2 lasers on the same rock.

1 Like

No one with brains would do that anyhow even now…

As to the last cycle, yes there is a chance of it completely turning into dust with T1 lasers, but you still mine slightly more for the same time with adjustment for that last rock finishing cycle.

While a t2 laser in the same time will mine slightly better due to default bonus, but has been calculated out to left @50% more resources to mine from rock/gas/ice after waste calculations been done.

Won’t touch ORE/factional as most Won’t be willing to outlay the isk for those.

Only bicephals have “brains”…
But I guess that you just meant people who don’t have enough experience, like the noobs who orbits that one single rock with their 2 lasers and are sliingshoted 50km away when the rock is done.

We agree on what I said then. As for the increase of yield, what I see from the Procurer for example, only using 2 mining laser upgrade II, the difference is thin, If I ever mine again (not for ISK, only for need) K’d use the 3rd low slot for some tanking to make up for the removal of 2 mids. I don’t use the other barges, so don’t care what happen there. Same for the Skiff, the difference is barely noticeable (1650m3/180sec vs 1700m3/180sec).

I was using T1 strip miners, because I didn’t wanted to switch crystals all the time, and I got accustom to the yield I had with the T1s. I bought T2s this weekend, just in case the price would spike (I can always re-sell them later if I don’t use them). I’ll see later, if I care, for the factual numbers with T2s. But so far I’m fed up with the proposed changes and like I said, might not mine except for sporadic needs. I might check again if they do some adjustment.

That is true with current live server setup.

But the new t2 crystal setup would be one type for each group of rocks, so common highsec rocks use A crystals, while trig rocks use E crystals.

So with highsec rocks you’d use A I or A II crystals and only change to type B or A depending if you want to ripe through the field with extra wastage with the type b, or happy to stick with the longer time, but much lower wastage with the type a.

A and C crystals cover the majority of the base ores, while E covers trig/abyssal ores (3 types) and F cover Mercoxit only.

So the update will reduce crystal requirements to mine fields.

Hello,

On test server Compact Mobile Asteroid Ore Compression Unite A II on Orca makes from 40610 Concentrated Veldspar → 40000 Compressed Concentrated Veldspar.( yah 1:1 free ores after compresion)

Numbers are off please duble check them in this configuration.

Best!