A significant update to Industry

It’s one of those days where I seriously regret having read a devblog. I never had the stomach or patience for ■■■■■■■■ bingo. It only hides intentions and doesn’t reveal reasoning.

Impact the whole economy of New Eden, such as the pricing of a variety of items” : I’ve learned to fear words like these. The chance that these changes lead to (I suppose they have to) targeted results are slim at best. There is no single magic solution for an old problem if it doesn’t attack the root cause.

interesting manufacturing progression” : You mean that now t1 ships need to be built with more low/nullsec materials on top of minerals. Had a look at the t1 ship market lately ? Or the mineral index ? Is it the intended side-effect that t1 ship production becomes an activity for sizable low/null groups instead of individuals ? Nope, not been waiting for this.

Normalize the value proposition between different activities in EVE” : they’re words, English even, but with little meaning. Someone went knee deep into managerial lingo and got stuck and directionless…

Lay the foundations for future resource distribution”: Let’s see … low end minerals in hisec, high end minerals in lowsec/nullsec, with little or no cross-over, myko-gas in lowsec ? It would be simple, quite uninteresting, and stale compared to what it was 5 years ago.

The mysterious keys to ESS Reserve Banks”: Every robber and his mother-in-law has already located the juicy spots, just like with the structure pinatas of last year. Should have blinded the damned reserve banks, for game play.

"A new intel tool is also coming to New Eden in the next months, one that will offer novel defenses against covert operations in New Eden" : some people begin to drool spontaneously now. Others are wondering what it all means. It’s a good example of devblog writing, say you do something, don’t say what you will be doing, throw the stick in the chicken shack and watch the feathers fly amidst the cacophony you created. I’d say you be trolling there, sir. But perhaps I had a bad day, and it didn’t improve one iota.

14 Likes

No i skipped a year of skill training to catch back up to where i was when i left off and i don’t mind paying so people like you can enjoy the luxury of playing the game free.

As for my laws regarding charge back it doesn’t concern you because where im from we have very strict intangible goods laws and protection. Something you probably DON’T have in America where you’re from.

2 Likes

No, because one enables the other. It’s like looking at mission running, pointing out the fact that you are 100% immune to danger while your ship is in warp to a mission, and concluding that if nothing is gained during the warp we can just remove warping to missions entirely. Sure, nobody lost any ISK directly from losing the ability to warp to a mission, but it’s obvious that with the essential prerequisite gone there has been a huge impact on missions as a whole.

When you look at the total picture of an AFK cloaker’s activities instead of focusing on one specific part you find plenty of risk. And against competent PvP alliances you find such a high level of risk that it is better described as certainty of loss and AFK cloaking has very little purpose.

In reality they are doing something useful, they are increasing potential risk that needs to be calculated by users of the system.

Only because local is ridiculously overpowered as a PvP avoidance tool. The potential risk that needs to be calculated should always be calculated, it’s just that renters that are incapable of PvP defense feel entitled to know that their system is empty and it’s safe for solo farming.

Ultimately I’m of the view that playing the game should require actually playing it, not leaving the client running and going to bed, so I’m glad CCP are finally cracking down on it.

The game should be actively played, which is why local should be removed. Removing local removes all AFK cloaking. But if CCP refuses to remove local then any solution is a buff to incompetent players who do not deserve it, and the cure is far worse than the disease.

IOW, you bought from the F2P cash shop to pay to win because you felt entitled to be powerful faster. That was your mistake, not CCP’s.

As for my laws regarding charge back it doesn’t concern you because where im from we have very strict intangible goods laws and protection.

Where exactly do you live where the law says that you can forcibly retake your payment because your character isn’t as powerful as you wanted to be?

3 Likes

They are needed for all capitals, including dreads, carriers, and freighters.

No, this is to make money from the SP for cash option in the store. Every capital builder has to inject those skills.

3 Likes

i dont care anymore, i unsub already all my accounts last month.
no you dont get my stuff, use your credit card as ccp want it from you.

3 Likes

New Zealand. Infact i wont a case against CCP already in the past.

I had my nostalgia hit playing my alpha for a week and thats all i was willing to do. It has nothing to do with Winning or Power you have some strange concept going on in your head. I enjoy making capitals, it’s what i do in eve i don’t much care for anything else. After extracting over 200m SP and gifting it to my corp mates when i quit years ago i had to inject because i don’t plan to live on Eve for the next decade, or wait to play it in a decades time.

Regardless of how YOU feel about it, i didn’t get what i payed for now and that IS in fact covered under my countries Consumer Guarantees Act, something you’d no nothing about in your Corporate wonderland.

Stop riding this forum defending CCP with such arrogant fervor. Your blind bias is disgusting.

3 Likes

Again you’re making the mistake of considering only one tiny piece of the picture in isolation. AFK cloaking by itself, the straw man created to claim that there is no risk involved, is without purpose. AFK cloaking as part of the total picture of cloaking followed by attacks has a purpose, but that total purpose also has risk included.

But yes, risk should always be calculated

And here’s the problem: in the absence of AFK cloaking risk isn’t calculated at all. You look at local, see that no non-blue names are present, and have a guarantee that there is effectively zero risk of loss as long as you watch local. Or, if you see a non-blue name in local, you know that the risk is very high and you stay docked where you are perfectly safe. The only reason we’re even having this conversation is that local allows way too much ability to replace calculating risk with guaranteed safety.

AFK mechanics suck.

They do. But they suck less than removing virtually all risk from nullsec farming and handing out participation trophies to people who can’t cope with a single non-blue name in local.

Except it also removes a fundamental intel tool.

Good. It’s an intel tool that never should have existed in the first place. It’s just unfortunate that CCP didn’t realize how powerful their social chat channel would be as an intel tool until it was too late to change anything without all of the nullbears throwing a rage fit over not being guaranteed safe and efficient farming.

3 Likes

after X period of time a cloaked ship will decloak and enter a timer to self destruct.

You might get away with charging back CCP, but the response will be a permanent ban that will prevent you from ever playing again under your current identity. This is what all other companies do, so I doubt CCP would be any different.

That said, splitting prerequisites without some kind of compensation is indeed a scummy move by them. In the past, they addressed this by grandfathering in skill point splits/grants (like with destroyer and BC skills). But that was before they were 120% driven by the profit motive. Every single thing they do now is guided by how many more dollars they can extract from their already-paying customers.

I’m surprised that at this point they haven’t introduced “account maintenance fees” that would delete all your stuff if you don’t subscribe at least a certain amount of time every year.

4 Likes

Why do you propose these ideas? CCP is not smart enough to come up with this on it’s own. :roll_eyes: :rofl:

4 Likes

Seriously- the dev blog is some amateur stuff. Upfront a bunch of BS thats followed up with vague suggestions that doing more work for the same thing that you can today is content.

Its getting really old.

They can’t even try to add something new anymore. lol

9 Likes

Can do that without integrating the solution into a perfect intel tool, though.

EVE is already “absolutely hemorrhaging players” compared to player levels it could sustain by removing all PvP and adding a clicker/RNG reward element.

They could probably have ten million active players by the end of the year if they turned EVE into a space version of Farmville and marketed it with images of smiling cartoon space pirates.

1 Like

Oh how wrong you are, filthy little forum gremlin.

My original comment was an intentionally crafted comment. CCP have no mind reading or taking notice of any intelligent argument or genuine complaint. The only time they give a ■■■■ is when it’s going to hit them in the pocket but its evident you don’t have enough braincells sparking to understand that. The only time they are going to take notice is when the forum is flooded with people threatening their oh so precious income.

I know its wrong to charge back but this decision with a mere 5 days notice of " Hey by the way, enjoy training another 10 million skill points to do what you’re already doing " is nothing more then a ploy to con more money out of players.

They’re just adding something back they changed a long time ago for no other reason apart from $$$$$.

6 Likes

Regional of constellation chat can accomplish the same goal. In fact, it would have the effect of increasing the perception of activity because it would always show more people than a system chat would.

The problem with “solving” AFK cloaking is that it’s a zero-sum game; either it’s possible to perfectly hide from the residents, or it’s not possible to perfectly hide, which has the net effect of 100% guaranteeing that the residents would find and kill you.

Eliminating AFK cloaking is carte blanche for residents to farm PvE without any inhibition whatsoever, unless the disrupting party is always ready and willing to field the maximum amount of force, up to the level needed for super-capital mega-battles, when hunting for solo ratters. That would just be terrible game design.

1 Like

I just want to point it out that if you mad about de-cloak you are AFK and you are as WRONG as AFK MINER and RATTER. You deserve same punishment.

Otherwise, warp out and wait 5s.

3 Likes

Great. So you admit that you’re threatening to commit fraud, a morally wrong action, to try to convince CCP to buff your character. You are entitled trash.

That statement exists outside of the strawman.

No it doesn’t. AFK cloaking only “has no purpose” when we’re talking about the straw man version of AFK cloaking instead of the total picture. It is incredibly dishonest to quote my “has no purpose” statement outside of that context and use it as an argument for removing AFK cloaking.

The idea that for cloaking to removed local must be removed is just nonsense from people who thing every change that they disagree with should be tit-for-tat.

Nonsense. The argument is that AFK cloaking and local currently exist in a state of balance, and changing one part of that balance requires changes to the other.

If they weren’t risks then noone would ever die in a K-Space system without deliberately engaging.

That’s a ridiculous argument. People die in nullsec because some people are stupid and will find a way to die no matter how you change things. But you balance around the smart and competent players, no the idiots. And so just like we don’t use the existence of the self destruct button as an argument that AFK cloaking has risk we don’t use “but they could be dumb enough to ignore local” as an argument that farming has risk.

But really I think the root of this problem is that you don’t understand how the mechanics of local work. Your name appears in local before you even finish the loading screen on entering a new system. This means that by the time you finish the loading screen and gain the ability to control your ship all (smart) PvE players in the system have already initiated warp. Add in the time required to enter warp yourself, travel to a PvE site (hopefully the correct one!), exit warp, command a course to intercept the target, get within range, get a lock, and activate tackle modules even slow-aligning ships with players careless enough to not be aligned at all times will almost always be safely in warp before you can get to them.

No. That is a profoundly stupid argument that ignores the fact that AFK miners and ratters are gaining income, while AFK cloaked players are sitting idle in a safespot and gain nothing until they return from AFK and resume actively playing the game.

There is no evidence of this at all. CCP have tried incentives over and over again.

A good example is non-faction warfare low sec, when I started playing there was almost nothing but missions and DED complexes you could scan down or get as escalations. Now there are all kinds of ways to make isk in low sec. And yet the low sec population hasn’t really changed (every time CCP would give up population numbers, low sec would be pretty static, the only place with less people being wormholes).

So what drives conflict? NOTHING.

Well, nothing except hatred and the fact that “those people over there exist” Prior to 2009-10 before respawning anomalies and when SOV in null sec was pos based and everything was a soul destroying grind, we fought wars that make todays wars look like boy scout camping trips. For space that was essentially worthless.

CCP and EVE players need to get awy from the idea that you can “drive conflict”. It’s not true. People are not programable robots. What CCP can do is get back to making a sandbox game which only has 2 parts; An environment to play in and tools with which to screw with other players in unpredictable ways. PLAYERS will figure out the rest.

7 Likes

Mining, even in high sec, is now a Multibox activity only also. Getting kinda hard to do something in the game that won’t require several accounts or a dayjob ingame, so we will see what these changes bring.

1 Like

My target to play this game is NYX, but this change, he has to increase the price, every change I get hit, maybe it is my problem - I am too poor.I still choose to uninstall this game, every day open the accelerator watching the translation of the game is too tired, the original goal is lost because of the change

2 Likes