A Solution to the Generational Slavery Question

The Question of Generational Slavery is One that is Brought Up on the various Incarnations of the Intergalactic Summit Quite Regularly. The Discussions that Result are frequently Acrimonious and Non-Productive.

A Solution to the Question that I, Synthia 1, Imperial Queen of the Glorious progressive Theocratic City-state of Kaztropolis, Empress of the Wombat People Territories, Divine Empress of Greater Kaztropol Planet, Interpreter of Scripture, Diviner of Truth, Guardian of the Faithful, Observer of Unusual Facts, Inquisitor of Heretics, Missionary to the Heathens, Speaker of Profundities, Paragon of Virtue and Angel of Compassion, have been Pondering for some Years, is as follows:

Slavery is Retained as a Form of Corrective Justice for Offenders against God and Society. Criminals are sentenced to a Period of Slavery, to consider the Error of their Ways.

However: Children of Slaves are not Automatically Slaves, thereby Ending Generational Slavery. Instead, the Children are Educated in Scriptural Understanding and learn Useful Trade Skills, such that upon reaching Adult status, they can be Usefully Employed in a Number of Professions.

The Scriptural Reasoning for This is Found in the Words of the Apocryphon, where it is Stated, that All are God’s Creation. It Follows then, that All should have the Opportunity to Transcend their Origins and become One of God’s Chosen.

Enslaved Children have Few or No Opportunities to Transcend their Origin and Become Chosen, and Thusly, a Regime in which this is the Case, commits Blasphemy against God’s Word.

Free Children, learning Useful Skills, have the Opportunity to Demonstrate Righteousness through their Actions, becoming one of the Chosen.

A Child, who learns Masonry in Trade School, who Goes On to create a Statue that Glorifies God, demonstrates their Righteousness.

Additionally, it is well Known that the Deceiver finds Work for Idle Hands, therefore keeping People Occupied in Productive, Useful Labour, is Important, to ward of the Machinations of The Deceiver.

Accordingly, this is the Scheme that I, Synthia 1, Imperial Queen of the Glorious progressive Theocratic City-state of Kaztropolis, Empress of the Wombat People Territories, Divine Empress of Greater Kaztropol Planet, Interpreter of Scripture, Diviner of Truth, Guardian of the Faithful, Observer of Unusual Facts, Inquisitor of Heretics, Missionary to the Heathens, Speaker of Profundities, Paragon of Virtue and Angel of Compassion, have put in Place on Kaztropol, for the Benefit of all the Citizens and Subjects, and the greater Glory of God.

4 Likes

I personally believe that only those, who has committed a transgression, should take responsibility and punishment for that, not anyone else, disregarding how they were tied to the offender.

Thus, I, Strike Cmdr. Kim of Caldari State fully support the solution of Synthia 1, Imperial Queen of the Glorious progressive Theocratic City-state of Kaztropolis, Empress of the Wombat People Territories, Divine Empress of Greater Kaztropol Planet, Interpreter of Scripture, Diviner of Truth, Guardian of the Faithful, Observer of Unusual Facts, Inquisitor of Heretics, Missionary to the Heathens, Speaker of Profundities, Paragon of Virtue and Angel of Compassion.

P.S.
For obvious political reasons, my full support will be, obviously, full philosophical support, and will not contain any theoretical or practical help whatsoever.

3 Likes

Sake of the Winds, must you have all of those titles?

While I oppose legal penalties for religious infractions, which I’d suggest a much lighter punishment than slavery if one at all, I do understand this as a punishment. These punishments should last for set amounts of time and only last the duration of life for those who have committed the worst of the crimes.

Despite my obvious distaste in “Scriptural Understanding”, I do agree with this suggestion for the majority of it. To teach them useful trade skills and free them would be an excellent service.

Ignoring your extensive list of titles, I must say that I agree to this suggestion and that it would be quite useful. I, former CEO of Kaalmayoti Warzone Control, support this solution.

3 Likes

This thread makes my eyes bleed. Possibly also ears, and my social adaptation implants buzz most unnervingly.

5 Likes

Yes.

I, Synthia 1, Imperial Queen of the Glorious progressive Theocratic City-state of Kaztropolis, Empress of the Wombat People Territories, Divine Empress of Greater Kaztropol Planet, Interpreter of Scripture, Diviner of Truth, Guardian of the Faithful, Observer of Unusual Facts, Inquisitor of Heretics, Missionary to the Heathens, Speaker of Profundities, Paragon of Virtue and Angel of Compassion, when making Official Pronouncements of Great Importance, must use All of my Official Titles, so that my Words carry my Full Authority in my Capacity as Imperial Queen of the Glorious progressive Theocratic City-state of Kaztropolis, Empress of the Wombat People Territories, Divine Empress of Greater Kaztropol Planet, Interpreter of Scripture, Diviner of Truth, Guardian of the Faithful, Observer of Unusual Facts, Inquisitor of Heretics, Missionary to the Heathens, Speaker of Profundities, Paragon of Virtue and Angel of Compassion.

When Speaking in a purely Casual setting, such as certain Social Events, then I do not Require the full Use of my Titles, as such Social Small Talk such as my Opinion on someone’s Outfit and whether it is too Tarty or too Formal, are not Issues that require my Full Authority.

2 Likes

Consult a Physician. Such Symptoms may be Indicative of Imminent Catastrophic Cyberimplant Failure.

Which is Inconvenient at Best.

3 Likes

I think i stumbled into the wrong room. Is this where we get the free beer? :parrotwave1:

1 Like

Tell you what: become queen of someplace that matters, and maybe this whole nonsense proposal will have relevance. Until then, I’m going to pay more attention to the slavery issue in say, the Amarr Empire.

3 Likes

Would it be whole Amarr Empire or tiny Kaztropol, the weight of your opinion on the slavery will remain the same: zero.

The slavery is their internal policy and thus not your goons business, so keep your nullsecular nose out of their business. Of course, I understand, that you, like every deluded minmatar, will try to “enforce” (without success, as usual) your moral superiority complex, and will try to bully them about the policies you with your minmatar brain can’t comprehend.

But know this: their morals might be way higher and better than yours.

Just like the treatment of Caldari on Luminaire III was Gallente internal policy, so you Statists should’ve kept your nose out of it?

4 Likes

/me passes over a bottle and just listens, shaking head slowly.

m

3 Likes

Got any absynthe spare?

3 Likes

Slavery is generational because sin passes from parent to child.

Except in civilized societies—you know, every one other than those based on Amarr theology.

3 Likes

I have already told you that Caldari Prime always was and is Caldari planet.
How many times you need to repeat something to a minmatar for them to understand?

I cannot argue to that, since I have little understanding of what actually sin is (except some basic representation, that it should be something indecent), and because it’s basically your belief system.

But what about the other crimes, for example, murder, theft, slander?
I’ve heard that people are enslaved not only for sins, but for criminal offenses, and, how I imagine that, the majority of the slaves the Empire gets is exactly from such category of offenders.

Committing the children of slaves to education but not also enslaving them as laborers would be a drain on resources that few Holders would be willing to make. And if this was law and mandated, compelling Holders to pay for the education anyway, then those Holders would just commit the bare minimum of resources to it, ensuring a very poor education. Therefore, a solution like this would require the Imperial government to provide the funds, or mandate that a certain amount of the local budget go into it. It would probably necessitate a ministry devoted to developing infrastructure for human services (both for the children as well as any other dependents who would no longer be cared for by the institution of slavery). This would all require an increase in taxes, and it would step on the rights of Holders, so it would not be popular.

The words sin and crime are synonyms. A sinner is a criminal, and vice versa.

There’s some distinctions that could be made between local, civic crimes and Scriptural crimes (which are more severe), but ultimately anything that goes against God’s will (and the will of Holders is considered God’s will) is a sin.

The majority of slaves in Amarr are born into it and have never committed a direct crime themselves, but are descended from the bloodlines of people who are known or believed to have committed a crime.

7 Likes

absynthe makes the fond heart wander . . . or something like that

m

And I’ve already told you the enslaved Matari always were and always will be Matari. Or are you saying you’re too stupid to understand that?

Really, Diana, I don’t think you should be insulting Diana like that. She’ll swear to kill you the next time she sees you in space.

7 Likes

Sure she won’t just ignore her points and call her a liar?

Sorry, couldn’t resist…

:laughing:

6 Likes