A solution to the Maleatu Shakor problem (and other leadership woes)

It’s hard to fit enough hours in the day to be every bogeyman’s supposed best friend, especially such diverse bogeymen, but we seem to be managing.

2 Likes

So you are basically equating executing our own without due process with killing the Enemy in a war?

And then you ask this:

The government of Prime Minister Karin Midular was full of traitors and collaborators that not only would sell out their own people to the enemy, they in fact did sell out our people to the Amarr Empire under the Karsoth regime. Their corruption knew no limits and they all merited their fates. To the last one of them.

I ought to know, I took part in gathering the intelligence on their activities as part of the resistance network against corruption and treachery across the collaborationist parliamentary republic. Even Karin Midular, may her spirit ever rest on the Mikramurka, came to know the truth of how far her ideals had been undermined by the traitors in our midst.

I for one am proud of my role in bringing that second dark night to a much shorter conclusion than would have been possible if those loyal to the tribes had not acted to end it.

I am also deeply disturbed by the extent to which capsuleers who call themselves “Matari”, and beat their chests over loyalty and the survival of the tribes, are willing to stand alongside the Amarr and call for the assassination of the Sanmatar and the destruction of our Tribal Council.

Matar Planetary Security and the Republic Security Services have taken note of the capsuleers involved in the promotion of Amarr propaganda, radical Gallentean anarchist terror and a call for the overthrow of the traditions and laws of the Seven Tribes of Minmatar.

Disturbing and shameful as this all is, we are also disturbed by reports elsewhere of collaboration between Amarr and Minmatar militia forces. Perhaps something will have to be done to cut out the rot and cauterize the wound. Once again.

Kril Efrit

Matar Planetary Security

4 Likes

There’s a lot of disturbing plotting going on these days Mr. Efrit.

I would suggest anybody within the Republic who has openly derided, denounced, or otherwise insulted Shakor’s regime, if they have not done so already, gets their go-bag ready.

And don’t answer the door.

Ayup, I bet you know all about go-bags, the number of times you’ve turned your coat, missy.

Packing a go-bag and jumping at knocks on the door are the least of the worries some of you lot and, ah, your kith and kin will have, I reckon.

Hey! I might even get some more work out of this! Hey and you know what? If some of the guys up in here who actually are defending Ol’ White Eyes are up for working a deal on some of these collaborators, maybe that’ll work too! Some of them seem like good lads to me.

Not like old vinegar lips, the mudlark, and this daft bint from the Maraghdasi Col. Bit silly her, I mean, I know some people out that way of space and, yeah, not sure the folks back home are going to thank her for this. Is it the rainy season over on that rock? I forget, I’ll sort out something if the work comes in.

Aye, be real nice to put in a bit more to the Seykal Clan city-ship fund! It’s pretty healthy, we had a nice bit of income injection not so long ago, but we can always use some more. Maybe upgrade the surface raider wings. So much wear and tear, you wouldn’t believe.

Anyway, toodles.

Sesli

xoxox

1 Like

You mean the intelligence on their activities that couldn’t be brought forward before engaging in widespread, cold-blooded murder, without the accused having any opportunity to defend themselves against the accusations? I’m perfectly willing to believe there was a massive, wide-spread conspiracy to undermine the independence and strength of the Republic, mind you.

I’m just not convinced there were two. And since the massive, wide-spread conspiracy to weaken the Republic Fleet by diverting funds into Thukker hands—the conspiracy you and the Sanmatar were part of—can be proven to exist by your own self-aggrandizing crowing about it… really, I think I’d want someone other than the proven conspirators to be the ones providing evidence of the other conspiracy.

Or are we just supposed to take the word of admitted thieves, liars, and murderers?

So, more cold-blooded murder against fellow Minmatar with only ginned-up evidence that can’t be independently corroborated or verified?

3 Likes

Never underestimate the benefits of a really nice coat.

The thing about Deniable Assets Sesli darling, is that they don’t work if you can’t deny them. I fear even the great, wagging tongue of Matar Planetary Security’s Kril Efrit might struggle to deny the involvement of your reportedly considerable assets if you half-assedly declare that you’re coming.

1 Like

I beg of you, DO SOMETHING. Help those people, help them maintain their freedom. Help the people in the war zone. Please for whatever you hold is holy do something please.

Calling it now: the response will be that it’s up to capsuleers to retake the systems in question, and the Republic isn’t even going to file a complaint w/CONCORD over the treaties against enslaving citizens of other nations that the Empire’s violating with this decision.

1 Like

Anyone that knows anything already knows that this is going to be the case.

1 Like

I realize that the opinion of your Gallente Federation allies is sometimes viewed askance these days, but if it isn’t too much to ask I’d like to know the Republic Security Services position on something. Since you had such overwhelming evidence against the traitors operating in the Midular government… why didn’t you conduct trials?

5 Likes

Sounds to me you were part of this “Elder network.” If that is the case, why should anyone believe you? As a child of the “collaborationist parliamentary republic”, I don’t trust leaders I’ve never seen anywhere but fanciful stories. Elders are a shadow government, that is, if they even exist at all and aren’t indeed just a convenient tool to keep the Tribes and any criticism in line by Shakor and who knows who.

So, listen and obey your Master, lest you get the whip?

At least the parliamentary republic allowed for differences of opinion, something the then Head of Parliament also used to the fullest. Indeed, the rise of the Tribal Republic was precipitated upon the relaxed rights for hate speech against the then legitimate government. I can understand why voices you cannot silence concern you, as what was overthrown with manipulating millions of minds can be done with the same means again.

It’s winter indeed.

You might know some people, and certainly some people will not thank me for this, probably the sort of people a known criminal and kinslayer would associate with.

If that is some kind of thinly veiled threat, just know that the people of Mara will be ready to inflict some more wear and tear.

You should be proud, @Kril_Efrit, of your part in gathering intellingence and working against corruption.

You should never be proud of murder. You should never try to justify selling to outsider assassins the right to punishment that belongs to a culprit’s clan and tribe. You are the Republic Security Service, not Ministry of Internal Order.

Let us assume you did not make one mistake and not one case exists where an inconvenient name was slipped into the hitlists. Even then, murder by outsiders without due tribal trial can never be the solution to corruption, because it is corruption, it is undermining our ways, it is taking the right to law away from the culprit’s tribe and selling it to someone else.

Maybe you ended a “Long Night of Corruption”, but the way you did it ushered in one of Terror, where we actually have to fear in the night of murderers or worse against us and our kin.

Again, I ask you, and I ask any honourable agents in RSS and RJD that still remain: end this madness. Bring to light this corruption. Stop this spiralling into factions and deepening of the rule of terror.

Tell us the truth about the murders of this government. Bring us the Sundsele Six. Stop the reign of terror, bring the tribes together again, and let us heal.

9 Likes

Putting the blame on so called Gallente or Amarr views, labelling people or opinions as such doesn’t make your views and words stronger. You’ve spoken your testimony of that time. The voiceless deads are now only bringing an echo of the living doubts.
And being a “truer” minmatar is a dangerous path. At the end, there are only a few “truly” chosen.

And what can you say of today? At this moment, what have you achieved? What has achieved Shakor?
Pator has been attacked and the told culprits have escaped your grip. And so far you have more shown yourself to shut words than to bring anything. And consolidating the base political power.

Do you see yourself as an inspiration for the people of the Republic? From your Tribe? Are you even trying?

The power is the ability to translate a will into actual results.
Something is not working here.

5 Likes

First thing: I’ve never said anything about seven independent nations. That would be a massive headache.

I said, and have always said, to give back power to the tribes. That doesn’t mean that we split into different nations. That means that we decentralize our government from a “federation” where supreme power belongs to one head of the government (the Sanmatar). Instead, we keep the Sanmatar, but only as a ceremonial head of state to deal with entities like CONCORD. In other matters, power would belong to the individual states of the Republic, which is to say the Tribes.

This is what the Tribal Council was meant to represent, but continuous capitulations to the Prime Minister/Sanmatar have whittled the tribes’ power down to mere curiosity, to the point that there can be rampant corruption within the Thukker Tribe (see Molden Heath, Krullefor, Seykal et al) but no one else can do a thing about it because they’re protected by the Sanmatar.

Also, you still haven’t answered my question. What is the better option?

I see that you’re dead set against my ideas, as usual, but you’ve yet to offer an alternative.

In fact, aside from Teinyhr’s original post, there’s been plenty of criticism but not a single alternative idea.

Don’t crow your complaints at us if you don’t have something better in mind.

1 Like

This is how the current tribal government is, as I understand it, supposed to function… but Shakor keeps finding ways to get himself ‘emergency powers’ and the rest of the council seems perfectly willing to go along with whatever he says.

1 Like

Yaaaaaaawn. I’ve seen this episode before.

I’ve done more for the Republic while living at Tanoo than most of the people braying about being Matari have done in a full year.

And I have apparently gotten closer to discerning the fate of the Sundsele Six than you lot have.

I’ve done nothing but support my kin, even if sometimes at a distance. If I ever were to betray them, then absolutely, I’d expect you to come after me. Until then, calm down. Maybe get yourself a warm drink. I know a little place that has excellent coffee.

1 Like

sighs

1 Like

What is it with you that you insist on insulting me by making assumptions about my attitudes towards you in every ■■■■■■■ turn and then acting on those assumptions without ever bothering to check with me if they are even true?

But that said:

The Tribes are independent in intratribal matters - and unlike propaganda states, have always been. The Sanmatar or the Council do not interfere in matters concerning one tribe and one tribe alone any more than the Parliament did before the regime change. It is in matters that concern the government of more than one tribe that problems arise. And always have. Prior to YC110, we had laws to govern those situations. Now we have “well the tribes will negotiate”.

The way forward from here is, as I see it, is very easy: keep the current structure of government, let the tribes function independently, but bring back enough inter-tribal (Republic-level) laws governing inter-tribal trade, industry, jurisdiction and military operations that multi-tribal efforts can function and that high-level crimes concerning multiple tribes - such as the Purge - can actually be investigated by a multi-tribal, independent agency.

This does not require another coup. The Council and the Parliament can do this, if they want to. The Sanmatar can let them, if he so chooses. Or the Tribal Assembly can pick another Sanmatar, if he does not. His term is two years, though there is no set limit on the number of terms.

But for that to happen, the tribes would need to be able to trust each other again. The Council and the Parliament and the Assembly will have to be able to do, to even suggest, these things without fearing finding a Thukker notepad next to their dead body or a “lone gunman” coming at them when they next appear in public. I should be able to write this without having to fear for my clan’s safety - but I am not.

And this is the gist of Tein’s original post here: it is not a call to actually assassinate anyone. It is a satire, pointing out that we have become a nation where mass assassination is an accepted political tool, and that taking account the possibility that the consequence of dissidence is death is now our every day. We do not trust each other anymore, so how could we trust our Council and our Parliament to enact just laws, not just laws that helped their tribe, their circle, their own careers and businesses?

But the solution to that is not more independence and to hell with other tribes - though gods know I too have said so in anger and grief and fear, finding it easier to withdraw to my own kin than to work together with others. But that is wrong. That is a consequence of this new nation that stresses tribal pride and wants to remove structures that control inter-tribal extralegal maneuvering - not a solution to its problems.

How do we start to build up that trust, when we do not even know how it was broken? We would need open and honest communication, we would need someone to speak up, we would need enforcement of law against the murderers.

At the moment, it does not seem there is anyone left high up enough in the government with the guts to do any of that.

11 Likes