Ablative Thermodynamics,Thermodynamic Heat Sink and rigs

A little science never hurt anyone. :slight_smile:

In my concept the charges would collect the heat damage and “vent it into space” so to say. The idea I had was that you balance it in a way that you could sacrifice one or more fitting slots to allow you to run for example hardeners constantly in a overheated state as long you have enough coolant in your cargo.

Edit: You could even visualize it by letting ships blow off steam when that module is active.

1 Like

I think the problem with this is the amount of coolant you are able to carry. 1.5 m3 is definitely more than what ammo or the nanite paste takes up, but you either make the module consume it ridiculously fast, or some ships would be able to stay in an overheated state for hours on their own, not counting the option of being refueled during combat.
I don’t think any of these options are good.

Thats the plan. I would balance it with long reload times and/or the amount of heat dps that is absorbed. So that you can fit 1 of those modules to be able to just extend the duration you can overheat for a certain amount of time, or fit 2 or even more of them to run constantly overheated. That way you essentially give up utility to boost other modules.

An over-heating module for the high-slots would be a direct bonus to ships with utility high-slots. Ships with mixed turret and missile slots may or may not benefit from it, and ships with pure weapon high-slots will have to sacrifice one gun or launcher just to use it. So how do you handle ships with utility high-slots vs. mixed high-slots vs. pure high-slots?

Swapable subsystems.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.