The overheating mechanic is a core part of pvp yet there are no modules or rigs that directly affect this system in any way.
A few ideas would be:
- Heat Fins = Utility high that passively increases Rack Heat Dissipation
- Expendable Heat Fins = Utility high that takes charges and resets Rack Heat when a charge is expended
- Safety override = Rig that increases heat damage, but also increases the effectiveness of overheating
- Thermal Insulation = Low slot that increases module health. Also slightly increases a ship’s armor thermal resistance
- Active Thermal Vents = Mid slot that dissipates Rack Heat but also lowers your shield’s thermal resistance while active
- A faction module set that had below average normal performance but an above average overheating performance to synergize with any of the above ideas.
In regards to the faction set, thematically each Empire and Pirate faction could release their own module bpcs as the conclusion to years of sleeper and wh space research to help fight the Triglavians. Or Angel Cartel/Serpentis releases them because they’re actually more worried about Upwell’s recent tech inovations than the Triglavian threat. They would combine t1 modules with WH space polymers/salvage. Angle Cartel would have prop mods, Caldari would have Shield Boosters, etc
Note: Any expansion of the overheating mechanic would be a buff to T3 ships since they already have overheating bonuses.