Abysmal Joke (Joy) - How a great idea can fail so hard (or be great after all)

Ok, that sucks. You are right, than.

1 Like

You know it is not even about that alone. What pisses me off is the context in which it happens. There was so much feedback from players, so much work put in by the community to help gain data for a sensible approach.

Starting with this ridiculously low droprate of Filaments wasnā€™t the only thing that could have been avoided.
It is more like CCP called for feedback, but completely ignored most of it altogether.

Another example:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/8n7fku/psa_you_can_safely_ignore_the_suspect_timer_from/

So this thread pops up on r/EVE and some guy tells CCP in the feedback thread about it. Here is the reaction:

Alright, not bad you might say. The thing is I reported this sh*t long ago in the official feedback thread for people testing the new stuff.

What else is left to do than to rage after you realize that these so-called feedback threads are largely ignored?

Rage is the only language CCP seems to understand. Itā€™s pretty sad imo.

1 Like

Hereā€™s something I made, special, from me to you:

You got exactly what you asked for.
I tried to warn you, but all you guys did was troll.
No use whining now.

13 Likes

After DT, I found 3 more filaments in the first few data sites I hacked. I donā€™t know why youā€™re having such terrible luck lol.

If you hate hacking, do another isk-making activity that you enjoy and just buy the filaments.

1 Like

How about you post it in the Feedback thread or the Issues thread? You literally posted it in the wrong thread (a thread mostly for informing the players) and are now complaining that CCP didnā€™t see it.

3 Likes

and why you know that it is ignored? maybe they just work on the things? maybe it is as intended? you just dont know that ā€¦

you are right with that and when i look ant the killboard of @zluq_zabaa you can see that this was his plan zluq zabaa | Character | zKillboard
he is one of this null sec guys never can get enough
not lucky this time

JuuR

1 Like

Because they changed it now, duh?

My Day has been made :heart:

2 Likes

Or maybe because everyone and their grandma arenā€™t rushing to grab filaments anymore.

@Salvos_Rhoska
cool ā€¦ just cool ā€¦ you are the hero of the week :joy::rofl:

thanks mate!! you made my day!!

JuuR

1 Like

Possibly. All I know is that Iā€™m now swimming in cash since yesterday. THanks CCP!

You have officially won this thread with this contribution.

Also you roll cigarettes, which is a big plus in my book.

Everyone else thanks for participating.

1 Like

Loooooool this is so much better than that Brisc Rubalā€™ CSM campaign video

Salvos, you should quit smokking lol it will ruin your voice lol

1 Like

Thanks everyone, especially @zluq_zabaa.
(See, Im not such a bad guy, and I guess neither are you)
(We gotta remember to have fun.)

Back to topic:

Lets wait a week or so and see how the filament drop rates pan out.

I still think ā€œ1 filament = One L1-L5 chainā€ is the best policy to maintain the demand/supply of filaments, and subsequently loot from each L.

Explorers source the L1s, and others run them as far as they are comfortable, and sell the resulting filament onto someone prepared to take on the higher Ls.

The L4-L5 will likely be sourced to/ run mostly in Player NS secure system anyways, as they dont have to worry about the suspect flag on re-entry there.

At a 1:1 guaranteed filament drop to the next L, everyone knows where they stand without RNG, the pricing/supply will be linear, and all filaments/loot will remain appropriately lucrative, as per the L they access and the loot you can earn there.

CCP can then adjust loot tables for the L1-L5 pockets, and droprates of L1s from Data sites, without having to worry about wrecking the AD filament/loot market.

2 Likes

Oh my godā€¦ 200 billion killed after one day! :rofl:

3 Likes

Imagine people were not given abundance of the filaments. If CCP would be really cruel, they would give everyone a filament with intend to make them run it. Now its just people decisions, would I better run it or sell it, maybe risk it, gambling ship and pod in result? :thinking:

1:1 ratio is fair and keeps the value/supply of both the filaments and loot from the pockets, progressive and linear.

You create and complete a L1 pocket sequence with an L1 filament, and get 1 (only one) L2 filament guaranteed, which you can either run yourself, or sell to someone else.

That then generates a single L3 filament, which you either run, or sell, and so on till the chain is exhausted at L5.

We dont need multiple filament drops.
What we need, is JUST ONE guaranteed filament drop.

1 Like

I am tempted to check out industry section. patch day always brings out patching broke invention rates too lolā€¦

Quick check of dev blogs sees they never said thereā€™d be hundreds of these per system.

: D !!

1 Like

Stop smoking Salvos, Iā€™ve been smoking for almost 15 years, bad habit.

Ps. Amy would be proud :wink:

1 Like