Abyss Loot

No it’s not and I have a very hard time trying to understand irony.

I just don’t get why you want to compare abyssal drops to LP stores.

• When you do missions, you also get money , and you select a corporation to work for. In that case the only competition is, as you said, in the market. So you can adapt by changing corporation, changing items, or keeping your LP for later. There is no limit in the isk generation, however LP items are limited by the required items (tags, implants, ships)
  • When you do relic in nullsec, you compete against other explorators. You select your space, your constellations/route, you open the cans, you avoid the ganks. there is competition in finding the sites, plus on the market. There is a limit in the drop possible per hour, as each region/constellation has a maximum number of sites. If you do ded sites it’s the same.
  • When you mine ice in HS, you compete against other bots miners.you select your anoms, you mine your ice, there is competition in who has the biggest fleet, who can bring he more catalysts to gank the other fleet, who has the closest refinery, plus on the market. There is a limit on how much you can get per hour, as each ice belt respawns after 4H
  • When you do abyssal, you are alone in your pocket, you shoot stuff and loot nothing. There is competition on the market, which means anybody can chill and and try his luck. There is no limit in what people can generate.
  • When you do resource wars, you go with friends, you make 10 jumps to find a site, that you complete in 120s, granting you a bit of money and useless LP. There is no competition because CCP made the reward suck. If they were good, people would have to compete in order to be the first in the site, thus the reward/hour would be limited to how many people can run the maximum number of sites per hour. THAT would be a good design.

Basically there is no competition AT ALL on the production from abyssal, meaning the entry barrier is so low that anybody and their pet can do it.