Abyss Loot

Started of blitzing F2 for reasonable pay, this was when isogen-10 was + 2 mill. With the drop in loot prices Ive moved onto F3’s.

Pay is still ok but much more risky, lost a .8 bill ship when my client stopped responding and my ship careened into the abyssal depths and blew up.

I think some filaments arnt worth it, expensive keys plus bad plasmids. Once you factor in ammo cost/drones + Filaments/drugs your profit margin is small.

Ill keep running them until ive enough iso-10 to build a Leshak, so far ive got all the BPs, and skill books from drops, and built a Damavik and Vedmak.

I hope CCP adds more content soon, I dont feel the Trig ships are interesting enough to fuel demand, Decayed plasmids are next to useless and the market prices reflect this.

Maybe open up abyss sites to more ship types, Or give the Keys a mass limit similar to a Wormhole. Was looking the the T3 Destroyers and with there various configs would make for some interesting fits in abyss sites.

Further content would always be welcome, Trig Destroyers, Battlecruiser, Dreadnaughts would actually be awesome as the damage windup on a Dread would own in structure/capital bashing. New Rigs, Implants/Drugs.

Another improvement could be some way to clear up all the bricked mutated modules, maybe the mutation process changes the molecular makeup of the mod so it can be reprocessed to yield a small amount of iso-10.

@Ildrara No, but for unrelated reasons (the OSX client is unstable and frequently crashes, which precludes venturing out of high-sec). Any time I need to dock, undock or take a jump gate I roll the dice on whether the client will freeze up.

The last Hoboleaks seemed to indicate that reprocessing Trig components would result in some Zero-Point and Isogen-10.

I like all the tears about how profits have dropped.

That’s what happens when the new and shiny wears off from the latest fad in game.

Remember, once upon a time, Mining was the most profitable activity in game. And then there was Scanning. And then there was PI. And then there was Wormholes. And then there was Incursions…

Nothing lasts forever. Not even those ridiculously fat paychecks for Abyss loot. It’s eventually going to even out, and prices will find a balance. And then it’ll be just another career path. Some people choose to be Miners, some are Explorers, and some wander the Abyss.

3 Likes

Some people still mine and run Incursions (both which can be very lucrative). The careers for these didn’t collapse in basically a week, either.

It’s not a question of lasting “forever”. But more than a week doesn’t seem an unrealistic expectation…

2 Likes

I like it when a smug idiots makes comments with no clue what they are referring to.

4 Likes

you arguing over semantics or you don’t have idea how market works. It’s as simple as that: all items that are put on the market fall under demand rule, don’t matter if they are mined, droped, bought with LP or manufactured. There is no demand for triglavian products. If it was then even with current prices they would made profit for those who do AP.

1 Like

Or I have exactly to say what I said : there is no such a thing as “one value” for the LP items, you can’t be sure to sell them for a given price and make benefit. A few item that drop (blue and OPE) and the bounties actually have a intrinsic value. Just, not the LP items.

Since you are affirming that SOE lp store is good, I guess either you just repeat what people say without checking facts, or you just have not bothered check for them recently.

I was telling that this design leads obviously to low prices after the initial hype, because by design the production of items does not bring competition and is infinite.
This activity gives less rewards because, now, some people run F5 which seems to make double loot than F4, which itself makes doubles loot than F3, for the same time investment. Those many people who can make F5 with ease drive the price low. You can’t compete with them unless you also do F5. And if for those people the reward becomes too low, they will do something else. and after a while it will become interesting to do F4 again - until mass people start doing F5 back. It’s just a constant balance.

Point out who does T5 consistently

2 Likes

No. I don’t know what T5 is. I know T1, T2 and T3 modules, ammo and ships.

You know about T3 modules and ammo, do you?

You knew what he meant.

Smartass I meant filament

1 Like

I said exactly “T1, T2 and T3 modules, ammo and ships”. Don’t make me say what I did not say.
I don’t know what he means. However you know what I mean.

:roll_eyes: I never claimed that there is fixed value for LP store item. English is your first language?

I have done T1 to T4, T4 seems to be doable and decent isk… however gankers make it not worth it. It’s pretty simple, CCP needs to change that or it’s another 0.0 activity hardly worth doing due to all other options.

Saying that, I’ve def. enjoyed them until the ganking and nerf/isk even’d out… as some have said… back to the usual stuff again. Such a shame, it does have potential but so far it’s a waste of CCP dev resource time and low ROI for the company if nothing changes. Glad I made a good profit and have the new ships build myself while it lasted…

2 Likes

Null-sec and wormhole players have the greatest chance of consistently running L5s. Based on the amount of bling required, you not only need secure space from which to run them from - but you need to be able to have allies that can engage any hostiles prior to your exit.

Neither of these conditions exist in high-sec.

1 Like

No it’s not and I have a very hard time trying to understand irony.

I just don’t get why you want to compare abyssal drops to LP stores.

• When you do missions, you also get money , and you select a corporation to work for. In that case the only competition is, as you said, in the market. So you can adapt by changing corporation, changing items, or keeping your LP for later. There is no limit in the isk generation, however LP items are limited by the required items (tags, implants, ships)
  • When you do relic in nullsec, you compete against other explorators. You select your space, your constellations/route, you open the cans, you avoid the ganks. there is competition in finding the sites, plus on the market. There is a limit in the drop possible per hour, as each region/constellation has a maximum number of sites. If you do ded sites it’s the same.
  • When you mine ice in HS, you compete against other bots miners.you select your anoms, you mine your ice, there is competition in who has the biggest fleet, who can bring he more catalysts to gank the other fleet, who has the closest refinery, plus on the market. There is a limit on how much you can get per hour, as each ice belt respawns after 4H
  • When you do abyssal, you are alone in your pocket, you shoot stuff and loot nothing. There is competition on the market, which means anybody can chill and and try his luck. There is no limit in what people can generate.
  • When you do resource wars, you go with friends, you make 10 jumps to find a site, that you complete in 120s, granting you a bit of money and useless LP. There is no competition because CCP made the reward suck. If they were good, people would have to compete in order to be the first in the site, thus the reward/hour would be limited to how many people can run the maximum number of sites per hour. THAT would be a good design.

Basically there is no competition AT ALL on the production from abyssal, meaning the entry barrier is so low that anybody and their pet can do it.

Omg :roll_eyes:

Let’s keep it simple, you overthinking this.

Simple supply/demand mechanism:
Let’s say you have a module to sell, it doesn’t matter if you loot it or made it. You want to sell that module on the market. You set a price for that module. Now other players have similar module to sell and will compete with you for the price they want to sell. All items have certain demand, some more some less depend how good or desirable they are. If demand is high item price go up, otherwise you’ll just compete with other players on how low your module will fall in price to sell. Demand of items may be check on how much buyorders item has, and if item is manufacturable if manufacture cost don’t exceed sell/buy price. For example on Astero buyorders almost match sellorders in price, manufacture cost is low, good profit. Now check buyorders for vedmak for example and then check manufacturing cost of it.

So it doesn’t matter if doing AP is not directly competing with other players, we all have to compete with each other selling red loot on the market, and currently there is no/very little demand for AP loot in overall.

omg.

You said it is like LP I tell you it is not. Don’t lecture me on market, everybody knows that already . The abyss design implies LESS hourly worth than LP store, I explain you why.
All your paragraph on the market is just … so much obvious, that you completely miss my point.

The fact that an activity does not require competition to be performed implies it has a low hourly worth.
I see no reason to not consider this.

There IS a demand for isogen https://evemarketer.com/types/47975/history 30k/day minimum. It’s not an issue with demand, it’s an issue with production.

I was trying to show you an example that indirect competition just like with LP stores (there is no way other player can take your LPs and they can be gathered infinitely) will have to be evaluate by direct competition on the market.

it doesn’t matter how low is entry barier, there is no demand on the items from AP, that basic thing you can’t understand. So anybody and their pet will lose ISKs. Unless market reacts and triglavian hulls starts to sell.

1 Like

I don’t know what you mean by AP, but there definitely is isogen trades, as I showed in my previous post.

What you don’t get is that the items have a low price because people produce too much of them.
So what you are talking about “unless market reacts” is nonsense. Market is not a person, if people produce too much items then the price will crash. It’s the same exact thing for SoE LP store, it crashed because everybody started doing it - and now it’s not worth running them (kiljavas has a standardized lp value of 2300, some feds have double this value and even caldari/matar lp store are worth at least +50%).