Abyss Loot

Abyssal Pockets. Isogen stabilized but in the same time they nerfed the drops. So it’s not stabilized because it is in use, there are less incoming propablly. Never tried T4-T5 maybe they boosted higher tiers. Triglavian hulls looks very niche, niche items don’t sell well on the market.

Overall we can’t blame CCP for the loot value. It was a shoot with triglavians items and mutagens. They have no idea how players and market will react on them. I’m far from saying whole AP is flawed and set to fail.

Actually as I told you, since there is no competition involved the isk/hour was designed to become crap.

CCP made a lot of events before, some with easy entry, easy completion, other with more complex, with competition. some with neuts and points, some with fast ships that also require to scan the signatures.
They already have advanced pve, incursions and burners, that reward good money.

They know already how people will react. people who can do the F5 will keep on doing them, and will provide mutagen, when people with lower skills and implants will only do them for the fun, because F3 will not be worth their time and hassle.

to even start producing there have to be demand for the item. People will buy the items they need, there is no point to build something that is not needed. When demand is high but supply is higher price will fall, basic mechanism. Happens in RL. Item from LP stores tend to drop the price faster because they can be overfarmed just like SOE items, items from drops are other thing, like said Astero with almost stabilized price for years.

:roll_eyes: what do you mean by no competition?

Nope. Juste, nope. I build items, sell them at a price, and when they are gone I make more. wether or not people have demand for them.

And again there is no such a thing as “price”.
You don’t get it. The price of the item you sell, YOU set it. It’s not the market, it’s not the other people, it’s YOU who sets it.

if YOU set it at a low price, it’s not demand or whatever : it’s YOU who are to blame.

So there is demand, but since people are selling to lower price, the average value crashes.
If there was no demand the volume would be 0.

read my previous paragraph. I already explained the differences.

cool try this with storyline modules, tell me how it went. Try those super expensive one with no demand for them at all. You are the manufacturer of the year, “minerals I mine are free”.

If that how you define competition then have fun, good talk, bye :wave:

“if you do something stupid, then this is stupid” ? Is that all your argument ? Do you really need to beat a dead horse ?

Seems like reading is too difficult for you, I already wrote once where is the competition, I won’t do it again. You are a waste of time, believing that LP store and abyssal have the same mechanism for item generation … Well if you don’t want to understand new points of view, remain in your ignorance, it suits you well.

is that an some kind of idiom in your country? It doesn’t make you smart in english. Yeah you do stupid things in EvE which makes you stupid. Like building overpriced modules with no demand.

Ok I will remain in my ignorance :joy:, best possible option to not have another conversation with you, and I thought it can’t be worse than spamming with Salvos :rofl:

And what is stupid ? Selling items which wont be sold is stupid, but the demand and the possibility to sell are two different things. However you are too stupid to understand that.

Yup.

All this has been exactly and precisely predicted and reported to them while Abyssal Sites were up on Sisi by many of us, yet another “Resource Wars” is what came out of it.

4 Likes

We seem to have differing reasons as to why, but most of us seem to agree the Abyss expansion is currently a bust.

I wish they had committed the time and effort they put into this instead into restarting production on that Vampire game they had been working on… oh well.

It would have been DOA if people weren’t paying 10x what stuff is worth the first couple weeks due to “newness” factor. Anyone who ran a ton of these on SiSi that has basic reasoning skills should have seen how these were going to end up.

1 Like

Not to interrupt some of the discussion here, but what about you guys that run T5 sites…how have the loot drops been?

I’ve been running T5 sites, and drops are hit or miss. I haven’t kept track or anything but it seems I make between 150M and 500M per site lately. Average is probably 200M, but its been dropping since market prices have dropped.

Thoughts by others running T5 sites?

They say don’t fly anything you cannot afford to lose, given the poor loot in Abyss so far, I have been unwilling to try a level 3 in my Gila, can’t help with level 5 advice hehe.

1 Like

T4-T5 sites aren’t worth it either. You need stupidly expensive ship/pods to run them, and even then there are a few unlucky spawns that will get you. The loot in them isn’t nearly good enough to offset this cost/risk, Its still the same garbage ass loot, just more of it.

They also can’t be multiboxed, and due to mechanics can’t really be done in high sec. If you have access to null that’s safe enough to do these, any of the Null isk methods are multiboxable to be better isk for way, way less risk.

It also has the disadvantage of having to import more filaments if you run out due to stupid RNG (or pay even more expensive local prices) because you can’t just pick them up for nothing in Jita. You also have to bring the crap back to high sec to sell, as these ships are pretty much useless for null fleets, so the local demand is next to nothing. There really isn’t a win to these at all.

On top of it, the gameplay isn’t even that interesting. Basically a handful of ships work, most of the spawns are basically the same and just an EHP grind; when you get an “interesting” spawn it is usually because you get like 10x neuting ships or something and you just get dumpstered without much counterplay.

If you ONLY single box, have a perfect connection and an alliance on-call to save your ass if you get camped, and avoid all of the TQ server failures, than T4-5s may be worth it. For anyone else, not so much. There are better, more consistent alternatives without the risk.

5 Likes

Wonder if CCP will ever admit there is a problem with the sites and if they are working on a solution, that statement alone will be amazing but no that will never happen they will leave it as it is.

4 Likes

I don’t know why people are complaining about loot. The isk/hr was always going to fall to the equivalent of lvl 4s, maybe even lower, since you only need to train cruiser-level skills instead of battleship.

I can only speak for myself and as to what I have gotten out of them recently. But, with that said I’m not even referring to the ISK per hour thing. I have seen many that barely drop anything at all. I did a bunch of T3’s yesterday and more than half of them were empty. On one run I got a total of 52 surveys and nothing else. Then on another I got roughly 30 isogens. It’s all very weird and I personally don’t think it’s worth the risk vs reward any longer. That is the crappy part though as I like the new environments. Hell, I’ve still have yet to see the battleship BPC, and I have run a huge amount of these things. The one thing that I really want are the suits and with whatever they did to the loot I’m sure it’s going to be next to impossible to get them dropped.

4 Likes

It’s weird but I think if the drop rates where much better (5x more than current (iso + zero + surveys) + no empty can’s) the price might go up because then more people would be buying the ship’s, at 1b per ship whats the point lol… they should be the same price as faction ship’s and drop rates should be adjusted to balance it to this point.

If the players collect 2 per round costing 10 but the demand is low becuase of expensive ship’s then the players make 20.
If the players collect 40 per round costing 2 then the players make 80 per round and the ship’s cost 5x less. And more people fly them, nerfing drop rates was the absolute worst idea.

These would be more ideal prices:

Trig ships:
Frig: 80mil (Current: 200mil)
Cruiser: 200mil (Current 500mil)
Bs: 400mil. (Current 1b)

Current ratio 2.5X more expensive but if drop rates where increased 4x the demand will put the prices to about 2.5x less and increase player’s earnings per site by 60%.

1 Like

Considering they fired their community team after one of their many failed projects, there’s probably not even anyone reading this thread. They sure didn’t pay attention to the feedback on test server forums about these things, why start now?

7 Likes