Abyss Loot

Which follows the pattern of Resource Wars.

Next CSM meeting we are told Abyssal Space is being abandoned due to poor player participation numbers. :psyccp:

5 Likes

If that is the case then the players will say “Eve online is being abandoned due to poor admin feedback and lack of permanent content” xD and giving some structures pretty colours doesn’t count as permanent content xD.

5 Likes

Nah, they gave everyone a free filament to get those player participation numbers up. Just like when they defaulted to the terrible new map they said “LOOK TONS OF PEOPLE ARE USING IT” because they buried the option to turn it off deep inside the menus in a little checkbox. Or when they pulled some obscure tick and said “LOOK SUPER RATTERS GET 360M TICKS”

4 Likes

I think the problem about the abyss it’s about the loot. All you can get it’s Triglavian stuff. Module bp ect… Who want to flight a 200 millions frigate? Who want to get a skill for this frigate for 143 milllions… ridiculous. When you do Wh you get blue loot. When you step in you can say how much isk you will get and you are sure to sell it, NPC buy it… If you run mission you get LP+bounty+loot+reward you can say how much isk you will get …… When you run site same thing.

But when you run abyss you get module, bp, material but… in a very « niche ». Why not introduce somthing like a loot you can sell to npc and you are sure to loot. When you enter in abyss you said ok i will do minimum X and if im lucky i can do Y.

No warp off, Expensive ship to get in, skill intensive, no escape, random situation impossible to afk rating and if you dont finish the site your dead and your pod too… And no reward? Something have to change to make this adventure more stable and more profitable.

4 Likes

Boo hoo can’t afk rat…
Good, we don’t need more bots.

I run 5 afk vnis when I don’t feel like super ratting does that make me a bot? To outsiders probably but since it’s easy to multibox and pays decently5x18mil ticks guaranteed not counting faction spawn or escalations it’s a hell of a lot better than puting 3bil+ship then 2bil pod on the line and die to a stupid timer cuz RNG ■■■■■■■■ gave you 3 bs spawns in abyssal space

2 Likes

Drone ships are so broken you can pretty much afk farm with them xD, until you get a dread spawn in your haven :]

1 Like

I always seen it on time until now:)

1 Like

Any changes with last patch? I just lost my Gila to 4 Leshaks in T3, group that I never saw before in that tier. Never stood a chance with them.

1 Like

@Jeremiah_Saken There was a buff to all Triglavian ships slated for one of the updates (not sure which one). Slightly less total DPS but it supposedly ramped up faster.

I never saw 4 BS at once in T3. Killed 2 then watch my Gila burn. Kinda meh if loot table wasn’t adjusted too. We’ll start to lose hulls to mid range tiers now without loot to compensate?

I recall seeing two Leshaks on occasion - but not four. The possibility that their damage also spools up faster does not a good combination make.

Problem is you can’t do anything about them. They were >50km away and start to hit me hard very soon. My shield was half afer first was down. That Hila was rather tanky only 2 DDA.
Overall, first loss and I think I’ll skip anything higher than T2 for now. Navy caracal anybody?

A Gila has a chance of kiting from the outset and hitting them from long-range with drones. Of course, it doesn’t help if you weren’t in a Gila at the time…

I didn’t have range modules for drones.

You need to squeeze in a drone link augmenter on the gila fit for safety against leshaks else you aren’t in a very good position.

Just sit over 63km and let the drones pew pew

3 Likes

I’ve started to craft some fitting after that loss, I love Hila but I wanted to try something new. So, benchmark was that 4 Leshaks, and I got nothing.

Any fit with AB won’t work because there won’t be enough time to get to them. They just burn you to death from above. -50% resists makes a difference.

Fits with MWD will reduce overall cap, something that already is very dangerous with cap weapons and active tank. I’ve done lots of T3 any type and my Gila was suck dry many times in those pockets. Like dry dry, no prop, no active resists, no web.

Missiles need web to apply. Actually any type of weapon need web.

I don’t want to bling hull for T1-T3 range, what the point when drops are falling down in price?

In most encounters you must go to the opponents, so using of environment to our advantage is hard at most.

Hard cap neuting that I’ve encounter makes active tanking hard, unless you bring batteries or cap boosters.

Having that in mind why we should even bother with AP?

Overall Gila is the best choice for all types and other hulls must be specially fitted for the pockets conditions and even so it won’t guarantee the success.

20 minutes timers and no warp off. We really need some “wild card” to warp off from those sites, maybe some items dropped from AP that will provide that and under special conditions (can’t warp off from 3 pocket, or when all 3 caches were looted etc). People will turn away from that content because the gains are not cover the loses. Not to mention loses from DC. It is on-line game, it something that just happens and we can’t do anything about it.

Concept is flawed but not intentionally, If I can cover the loses I don’t mind losing hulls in PvE, but at current condition I can’t cover them. T2 fitted Gila is about 400 mil now, how many AP I must run to get even?

1 Like

This is actually true because if these prices were real, I would buy 3 frigates and 1 cruiser right now… I just currently just can’t shake the idea that a 200m+ frigate or 500m+ cruiser is going to get tornado’d somewhere someday somehow.

Not even sure if prices will sink far enough. They are the only faction ships not available to alpha clones, and they dont excel in any one role. So no matter how you fit them something else just does it better with less drawbacks. I feel like most people will abandon the content and then the supply will be only from nullbears who arent doing havens/ratting/etc. I dont think these prices will ever fall below the pacifier/enforcer line imo

1 Like

Apparently more than a few null bears have given up on Abyssal pockets as well (and for many it never perked their interest to begin with).

You can make good ISK with either supercarriers or Rorquals. Really, really good ISK. Risk free ISK. The kind of ISK where you can call in reinforcements if need be to ensure your survival. The kind of ISK where network issues, server disconnects or Tranquility being down for 4 hours won’t set you back billions.

4 Likes

yea its great made 1 bil in 2 hours of nyx ratting to buy the SARO marshal skin yesterday one of the first ones to go up on market :stuck_out_tongue:

CCP could probably beat star citizen at $ cost for skins if they made police skins for all ships and sold them only for real cash

I still remember the bug when you could apply the police comet skin to something like a dominix it was so great-police domi

2 Likes