Abyss Loot

Into The Abyss. Rated F for Fail.

This expansion is a joke. As predicted, the only filaments worth running are F4s and F5s - whch are now run with impunity from null-sec (and to a lesser extent, wormholes).

The Triglavian ships and tech are utter garbage - which is reflected in the rapidly declining loot value for same. In addition to nerfing the loot tables CCP also apparently nerfed the disintegrators by requiring an obscene amount of nanites to repair damage from overheating.

It’s like the blind leading the blind here. They don’t have a ■■■■■■■ clue what they’re doing.

5 Likes

It started out pretty good.
It was just nerfed to failure.
At the very least it wasn’t DOA like so many said it would be.

4 Likes

There was supposed to be a patch to reduce the number of empty cans according to @CCP_Rise, but yeah what I see does not correspond with that either.

That is actually the opposite of what I said.
They are not worth it because of the lack of competition.

You only need to invest for the ship and pod, then you can get as many as you want.

DED sites, relic/Data, even ore/ice anoms and havens are in finite numbers, meaning you need to compete with other people to get the same resource (not so much for havens but … well you get it).
If those contents were to lose their scarcity, their drops would also lose value.

Missions on the other hand are a content that is generated on-demand, meaning you don’t need to compete with people to get your daily dose of LP. Just like asteroid belts in HS.

Three weeks and the content is worthless outside of an aesthetic standpoint? That’s basically DOA folks. And to be perfectly honest, things were in full decline after the first week. The fact that it took an additional week for CCP to nerf the remaining filaments in high-sec is really a moot point.

Consider that the majority of players have returned to their previous style of gameplay for income: Missioning, trading and industry. A lot of us have simply gone inactive both because it’s summer and this has been another huge let down in a list of broken promises.

5 Likes

Why do you say it is worthless ? Because it generates less isks? Sorry I do a lot of activities that don’t generate optimal number of isks : epic missions, sleeper cache, industry… I don’t think those activities are bad.

2 Likes

Less ISK? After the cost of filaments you’re not even beaking even at this point. You’re further ahead just doing nothing and accruing skill points at an accelerated rates (now that you can re-enable your +4 or +5 clones).

So yes, I define these as “worthless” because you lose money running them, you fall behind in skill training, you’re at a huge risk of losing your blingy ship fit to both gankers and RL events like power outages, network disconnects or TQ failures - and the Triglavian ships, skills and components only aspire to a tiny niche segment of the playerbase.

3 Likes

You don’t get, think about them as the LP store. The price for item at the LP store are made by demand, that why SOE store pays the most. Still missions are content on demand just like AP.

or by no competition you meant in-market competition?

1 Like

If there was an LP store for Triglavian, you would be receiving one of (if not the) lowest ISK/LP returns. That speaks volumes.

2 Likes

It would be exactly this, because every item price comes from demand on said item, it doesn’t matter if it comes from direct/indirect competition source.

I think the sites are bugged, I don’t get higher tier filaments /less than before from the runs and I watch more empty cans than before. Bug or feature, because we never know with CCP.

1 Like

When in doubt… it’s a nerf.

1 Like

… and AFK cloaking is still a thing… Oh and unlimited wardecs.

Baiting Concord… station games… rigged duels. It’s all designed to do one thing: separate you from your ISK.

I just ran a pair of L4 missions in under 20min and made 30 million ISK. That’s more than I made running filaments for a few hours the other night.

3 Likes

No, there is no such a thing as “one price” for lp store items.
What you have is the average trade value, it’s not the price.
What’s more, many LP offers actually require some isk, so this is not only demand. Some items are not even present on the market.

I 'm not even sure it has even been .
But I’m sure it’s not been for more than a year. Be it for burners, standard L4s, mining missions…

You guys should stop listening to people who say SoE LP is good. Unless you want to get paid dirt, that is.

I was actually thinking of going back to level 4. at least than I can hang out with my friend and get some loot. I wish they had just moved level 5 mission to high sec rather than wast time with the Abyss thing.

1 Like

Just ran a level 2 electrical Abyss, 2 of the 3 rooms dropped nothing, what a waste of time. And the one room that did drop something was trash.

2 Likes

I just found something funny, the trash loot I got was selling for nothing, so I reprocessed it to see if I would get any good minerals, and the minerals equaled the market price of the item. lol I just thought it was funny that the new expansion stuff they billed as being all cool is only worth its mineral costs which was about 60,000 for a heavy scoped whatever it was called.

So my 400 million ship earned me 60,000 for a level 2 electrical Abyss mission.

Edit, actually I was using navy Faction missiles and used about 50 of them, so I may have actually lost money on this mission…

1 Like

I’m almost certain you probably lost money. I know I was until today, so I repackaged the Gila that I’d been using and sold everything off.

At least when you got into these initially the ship and module costs weren’t ridonkulous and the rewards were decent enough to recoup any losses. Now you have to run a bling magnet and you’re lucky if you can break even on the filament and ammunition costs.

If you suffer a disconnect, unlucky spawn or just bad luck - there’s no way to even remotely recoup your ship, module and implant costs.

1 Like

@Arthur_Aihaken have you tried these in a wormhole or anywhere else other than highsec? Maybe they were just nerfed in HS.

The first 3 days were great, but after the market crash and loot nerf, it’d take probably 150+ tier 3’s to break even on a nice HAC fit with implants, but even in a tier 3 I’ve seen a spawn of 4 vedmaks and web frigates that almost smoked me despite boosters, implants and heavy overheating…

It’s plain that the solution is to make the Trig ships more useful - the main thing that makes them unique is the weapon being compressed to one slot, leaving room for utility. They need more grid to do interesting things though, maybe they need a role bonus to utility module fitting requirements shrug