Abyss Loot

You can do a lot more things to get way more isk but its new and its risky so why not ? And many ppl are dying in these sites :slight_smile: even in lower sites then t5

Why? All risk and almost no reward, for starters. Sure, the Abyssal pockets look great aesthetically - but it’s hard to justify rolling the dice for the chance of getting something really unique.

Don’t get me wrong, Abyss is fun and challenging. But say you’ve run T3s for a week and at the end of it lose a ship and pod to either the Abyss or gankers. You tally everything up and you realize you are no closer to the next shiny you wanted to buy (I’m not even talking about plex here) effectively meaning that for that week you didn’t actually accomplish anything. And part of that week the loot drops weren’t nerfed into the ground.

If I just wanted to fart away a week without accomplishing anything while still amusing myself I’d binge watch a couple of Animes. At least then I wouldn’t have burned a week of Omega time.

There is nothing wrong with the content itself, it’s the rewards that suck, and are going to get worse, while burners give great consistent isk that I can use to buy my next shiny like the Kronos I’ve always wanted. And with all the changes since I last played there is a lot of experimenting to be done with burners again so it’ll give me a decent bit of amusement as well.

End of the day Abyss will become something done by a tiny handful of people and ignored by almost everyone else. And here’s the rub:

Either CCP doesn’t care that they spent all that time and effort developing Abyss for a tiny amount of people to actually use it or they planned it that way. Not sure what is worse.

Or maaaaaybe it’s a sneaky/genius way of removing a metric asston of green and blue loot from the game, making exploration and LP stores suddenly worth looking into again. No serious, pls guys, the prices is killing me, pls go explore thx.

2 Likes

or maybe they are only getting used to making new tools to provide abyss environment, and will soon add in L4 “abyss” missions ?

1 Like

I tend to agree with you, Abyss seems like another thing CCP did for the top 1%.

1 Like

Whiney carebears. yawn.

Very smart comment, you better trademark it.

2 Likes

Well maybe the initial abyss release was focused on:
-test of new visual technology
-test of new pocket/location mechanisms
-introduction of ‘enchanting’ (mutations)
-introduction of new weapons and new faction ships + lore
-introduction of almost ‘roguelike’ pve mechanics (or call it procedurally generated)

They need to expand/improve the abyss but it would be a good starting point going forward.
I can imagine clues in future content leading us to deciphering the trig language and having to select the right codes to ‘hack’ future trig relic/data sites in future trig systems

I can imagine alot more content involving trigs, maybe i will share all my zainy ideas at some point

3 Likes

I don’t think Abyss sites are that bad. T3s still drop enough loot to be worth running in high sec.

My only complaint is that an internet disconnect is 100% deadly. There is no ability to warp-off or stop the timer.

2 Likes

Not sure when you last ran F3 filaments, but they currently pay worse than L4 missions. Burners pay better.

abyss are not the best for isk/h but ist still nice to fly and there are some good Drops until they got dropped to much in Price. ist just the first few days were such new stuff are expensive like hell and bring more isk then every other pve Content. but i dont understand how ppl can cry About something if they dont get the max isk/h … there are just 2 Options -> ist worth to you and you dont cry or ist not worth to you and you afk mine veldspar to get more isk

cry About new stuff that they are risky but you dont get payed your t1 fittet t1 ship in the first t1 Filament site ist just …. ( fill in a word of your choice )

the abyss are a great feature with much more Risk then every other “non pvp Content” ( eve has no “non pvp Content” cause everything is pvp )
if you die in abyss you are get a DC or you already dont know what your ship can be and you take a lot of mistakes. and yes i lost 2 gilas and both of them were my mistake.

It’s not just about ISK/hour. It’s also about risk vs. reward. And let’s not forget: Abyssal pockets are limited to cruisers - which means most of us have to park all our cool toys. And if you want to run the high-tier filaments, you’re looking at a 4-5 billion investment in Deadspace modules and high-grade implants.

Just a few short weeks ago if you were running that in a battleship you’d be considered nothing short of nuts. Apparently now that it’s “all the rage” this seems perfectly rational.

you dont Need any implants for t5 Filaments … i just fly it with a 2b gila. and btw …. the reward is almost perfekt if you dont look at just 1 site. yes ist not a regularly income but if you get some nice loot it will be very nice. and yes the low Tier Filaments shouldnt drop the same ammount of isk then the t4 or t5. dont care About the Risk of an 100% ship lost if you disconect. you could also disconect in a burner Mission and you will also die in fire or get a DC in a L4 Blockade Mission against CONCORD and your ship is also get blown up. you cant say that a DC ist just a Problem for Abyss because ist not. another example -> if i run my L5 missions in my carrier and got a DC i will sure loose them if i cant log back in like 30 sec. and then i lost more then only 2b.

the Risk of loosing a ship if you dont get a DC should not be existing cause ist not that hard to fly this sites. yes there are some very difficuld spawns but if you cant handle them you shouldnt go in the Tier you are. if you die in T3 and below you got Nothing of value lost. up to t3 you can do eve3rything in a t1 hull with t2 Fitting. Nothing worth then more as 20-30 Million.

sorry but every time I was DC in burner CCP reimbursed my ship. Meaning once I cancelled the mission, I could loot my stuff and not loose anything. Already happened several times.

Maybe if they introduce battleship size filaments I’ll take another look. Right now - I just couldn’t be bothered.

Why fly at 5x the risk for 5x less pay no point, that’s 25x less effectiveness.

1 Like

This is CCP’s first pass. Maybe by the second or third (if we get that far) they’ll take a serious look at it.

How do you loosing a ship?
Can it be tightened?

It’s when the hamster wheel on Tranquility goes “loose” and you “lose” your ship.

1 Like

Then its very simple… dont do it if its not worth