Abyss - what could come next

I did some (~100) abyss sites, but after nailing my implants+ships/equipment … I lost interest in them. This is a good thing, since I started thinking what could “change”.
What about - new abyss sites with T1 hulls only -?

“lore”:

• sites are sucking in everything / “space colapses” around unfortunate NPCs / jove technology

enemy:

• sites would have everything in them NPC related that we have in EVE now (faction/officer spawns, regular rats, drifters, scrap metal … brand new faction?)

restrictions:

• anything above/paralel to T1 ship hull is not allowed (example: faction ships)
  • 1st person in this new abyss has dscan enabled
    — 2nd, 3rd or anybody after 1st person should have dscan disabled (so that 1st person has time to re-fit get ready for a fight)
  • cloack does not work

allowed:

• only T1 hulls (from shuttle up to a titan?)
  • all modules and weapon types in any variations

variations:

• 1,2,3,4,5,6 (?) rooms with boss at the end
  • structures that can be hacked with a new module would give bonuses to only the person that hacked it (within a range)
  • structures that after a hack would be able to spawn friendly NPC wave (rouge drones reprogrammed)
  • webbing towers, sentries
  • clouds with known effects in advance (maybe based on colour + lore book or something) so that people dont have to fly into them just to see it and explode

difficulty:

• success rate vs NPCs should be around 20%
  • tier for each ship category (not possible to use BS in Frigate abyss or other way around)
  • re-fit inside abyss must be possible for the 1st person to enter
  • time limit must be extended to 30 minutes or more
  • spawns and desing of rooms - this requires more thinking but should be in the same direction as current abyss sites
  • exit from abyss is possible only by completing it
  • exit rift will be in K-space/WH-space from where 1st person entered (chance for payback)
  • higher tiers give you suspect flag (cruiser+)

PVP:

• player can bring only him self into the abyss
  • when player gets inside, then immediately 2 or more rifts are generated somewhere inside EVE universe (including WHs). this will grant other players access to do PVP/help for money/steal loot/say hi in abyss local (T1 hull restrictions apply). new rifts have mass properties (like WHs). example: Tier2 (destroyer class) will spawn a rift that could get in 2 frigates. also lets say that there would be 2 rifts in total which could bring 4 “enemy” frigates (exmaple: 2 teams with 2 ships). mass could include cargo + modules equipped (so that gank force is not really optimally fit)
  • anyone beside 1st player to enter would not be able to hack structures, use deployable things ,
  • reaction spawned rifts (after 1st player enters abyss) are visible on overview (warp to them is needed to see tier and effects inside)

Reason for this?

• mineral prices (more industry)
  • T1 is easy to get into
  • burn trough T1 stock
  • people “may/could/hopefully” loose fear of fighting “OP” ships
  • explosions
  • chance for loot that would pay for 5+ lost ships

This is just a suggestion/idea that I wrote up while I was drinking tequilla alone in my room (no feedback to tell me that this is a bad idea or which parts could be used somewhere else). discuss it … ignore it … tell me to stop drinking … :slight_smile:

you are a T1 running commi

1 Like

20% success rate vs NPC’s? So I’m probably going to lose my ship 8 times out of 10? No thanks…

1 Like

Sorry you ruined you experience by min-maxing your fit, try a new fit and ship combinations.

Long-building, easily disruptable Mega-projects to get Corps/Alliances skirmishing again.

You lost me at titan then I stopped reading

2 Likes

Is why instanced pve is a waste of dev time. It will always take a fraction of the time to master pve than it does to write it. Players interest will never last unless you constantly churn out new content.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.