Abyssal are too large of beacon for gankers even in 5.0 space . Risk vs Reward is unbalanced

Have an alt sit at your beacon and if gankers show up then shoot at the gankers with your alt, your alt gets Concorded and Concord will now be sitting right there on grid for when you exit. Or even easier, have your alt shoot you right before you pop the filament. Same thing happens, no gankers required…

Not really going to protect against Tornaders.

The best defense is to not be a smooth-brain, and run your abyssals away from a hub.

3 Likes

I think the gankers think you are gankers too, this is becoming almost cyclic!

2 Likes

It’s orgasmic!
You gotta try it, there’s this thing in the Abyss that I call “THE ZONE OF EXCITEMENT” and yes, I think of it in all caps like I’m yelling. What you do is point your ship away from the gets thing in the middle and fly as fast as possible untill you start hearing lots of alarms, that’s when the excited starts.
And it just gets better.
Oh my… It’s glorious.

1 Like

They had to make space on the server for hypernet bots. mobile depot’s use a lot of cpu.

Your post is giving me an adverse reaction.
Instead of giving you crap, or telling you that there are better ways of doing that what you shouldn’t have done I’m telling people who haven’t been in the abyss how to blow up.
You are truly a monster you know that? Not like Cookie Monster, more like the one that came from the nostril of the creeping chaos.
Also you are making me want to go to Jita just to blow up the wrecks of abyss runners out of pure spite.
You should run the abyss in wormhole systems, the only people who will know you are there are the ones who use Dscan and everyone knows wormholers are lazy because they live in the safest part of Eve. Aside from the abyss I mean. And the residents of Jita…

Did you use the filament on the Jita station grid?

3 Likes

It was off Jita 7, to be fair…

@Wulvgar
You were doing abyssals within 5 jumps of a major trading hub and you’re surprised you got ganked… seriously?

Let me help you: running abyssals falls under the same rule as AFK mining: don’t do it near a major trading hub. Especially Jita FFS

My advice there, fly away from the gate till you start hearing alarms, was a joke. The alarms are the sound of your ship dying rapidly.
Inside the abyss there are two areas, inside “the wall” and outside. The wall is a boundary that you can fly through but once on the wrong side of it it will begin killing your ship and will then kill your pod.
Don’t take that advice, seriously, I was kidding.
If you stay inside of the boundary all you have to worry about is the NPC’s and some radiation clouds and those are plenty dangerous.
I rarely go in the abyss, I’m very bad at it, but sometimes I need a change of pace and it’s a great place to get that. For some reason I have never actually seen this wall, I get killed by it quite often, but can’t see it. My other reason for going in there is to take pictures, it’s really beautiful in a rather menacing way.
Start off in low intensity ones like calm electrical to get an idea of how it works and find out what you can and can’t do, then, if you are ready, move on to harder ones.
As I said, I’m terrible at it, when I succeed I’m usually out in the last few minutes or even seconds of the timer (you have twenty minutes to be in there before the environment it self kills your ship) and I tend to get stuck on the objects where the loot is kept. Most people who do the abyss regularly know how to avoid all this stuff that gets me, and they do pretty well, I have never come close to getting the abyss to pay for itself, but that’s me, I don’t do it much.
There’s a small but very vocal group of people freaking out at CCP about the existence of the abyss, or the presence of other players out side of it. Ignore them, these are for the most part people who are looking for a reason to be shrill. They resent other people having fun or being successful and want CCP to change things so that others are brought down to their level of unhappiness.

The abyss is a lot of fun both solo and with groups and is tailor made to be difficult and intense.

Can you use an Orca or Bowhead and just swap ships (with the maintenance bay) at your exit point?

The OP will probably never read or respond to this but t3 Abyss can be done pretty safely sub 1bil ISK… Never got to t4 my self so I can’t say

2 Likes

It’ll just get bumped off.

Location: Jita VII - Moon 2 - Caldari Business Tribunal Law School 1546.37km

4eda2ce46dcae05520d5da6c9d5f6236

3 Likes

I’ve been covering two friends doing abyssal runs seems to be working well and at the same time improving my scanning skills.

What a surprise working together in an MMO works, who would think.

4 Likes

thats good :)| just as James wanted but do your " friends " appreciate you spending all your time protecting them while they make vast amounts of isk near risk free ?. just asking for a friend.

1 Like

Yes they do indeed but I’m not stopping the gankers coming , they can kill me 1st then kill the runners , content all round .

I do take your point about free isk but why they are like this means putting the blame on people and would lead to an argument from all sides.

Eve should have risk to make it exciting , it’s a risk to come out of a trace. Is that not enough.

2 Likes

every time i undock im at risk, every gate jump or warp is fun times as you well know , if they are vulnerable for a few seconds every so often for near infinite isk then i would suggest thats not enough.

I think in general Githany & Co. are aware that the people they most often help are actually more damaging for the game’s environment than gankers (and are thankless and sometimes even hostile/toxic on top of that), but they’re so ashamed to admit it that they’ve doubled down on their effort.

Imagine Robin Hood, except a bunch of the poor paupers try to help the rich/royal scumbags by killing off the Merry Men just to “help the poor prince who’s being griefed” and then don’t even ask for anything in return. It’s totally irrational behavior.

4 Likes

That put you pretty close to a slave with Stockholm syndrome. Just saying…

1 Like

So what do you think is the purpose of that pesky abyssal trace you leave behind when you enter the abyss?

2 Likes