Abyssal cap drain defence and min hp/s in l5

Hi. What is better against cap drain in abyssal space? Thukker large cap battery with thukker medium cap battery or thukker large with faction medium capacitor bosster with navy caps400??

Active 133hp/s and 70%/76%/82%/85% defence in lv5 is enough?

Thx for help.

Hi,
Medium cap battery will have different effect based on size and recharge time of your capacitor, i.e. different ships can get different benefits. But still it can’t measure with immediate effect of overheated medium cap booster with 800 charges. The charge will give you multiple times more than what the medium battery can do. Also, if you are neuted once, then the cap booster can put you back on track. Medium cap battery can’t do that. Trade-off of the booster is, that the boosting will be only for a limited amount of time and that you are limited by number of charges that fit in your cargohold.

Generally speaking, I would prefer the medium cap booster but only as a safety measure, over the additional medium cap battery.

Question is, if there is no other way how to do it? Because honestly speaking, both options feel suboptimal to me. Medium cap battery on a cruiser is a desperate measure to be more resistant against neuting. And Gila running consistently T5’s (except darks) doesn’t use cap booster.

From what I can say, if you have around 55-60GJ/sec on your capacitor without activated modules, then you are quite safe in T5 against neuting. Not 100% always though.

Obviosly you don’t want repping modules running fully on, all the time. You trade your capacitor into repping power. Wasted repping power translates into wasted capacitor, which could be difference between being neuted and not being neuted.

The most cap intensive in terms of GJ/s are probably spawns with many neuting cruisers. Neuting from Leshaks is more like alpha strikes on your capacitor. Medium cap battery would do exacly nothing to the infamous Leshak spawn.

Assess each individual spawn and act accordingly to that specific spawn. That is very much intertwined with being neuted or not.

Generally it looks okaish. But only generally.
It very much depends on what weather do you want to run it that. Are these resists before aplication of Abyssal weather? Or final resists in Abyss space?
What are your base resists and what resist modules have you fitted? It all matters. Also depends on your DPS and aplication. The faster you kill, the less pressure on your tank. You will face different spawns and must react to them accordingly otherwise sheer damage potential of the spawn can wreck you. It just all depends.

To put it in a different way - you can certainly die in T5 with the above profile. You need different fits for different weather. It is not just activate my modules, facetank all and let’s go to another room. Well, Gila in Electrical or Exotic is a little like that, but generally T5’s are no joke.

This is my fit:
[Gila, active]
C3-X ‘Hivaa Saitsuo’ Ballistic Control System
Dread Guristas Drone Damage Amplifier
Dread Guristas Drone Damage Amplifier

Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Thukker Large Cap Battery
Pithum A-Type Medium Shield Booster
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Gistum B-Type 10MN Afterburner
Thukker Medium Cap Battery

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II
Drone Link Augmentor I

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Core Defense Operational Solidifier I
Medium Core Defense Operational Solidifier I

Valkyrie II x2
Hammerhead II x2
Vespa II x2
Infiltrator II x2

Nova Fury Light Missile x2632
Inferno Fury Light Missile x1348
Nanite Repair Paste x200
Mjolnir Fury Light Missile x1796
Scourge Fury Light Missile x1500
Standard Blue Pill Booster x1
Agency ‘Pyrolancea’ DB5 Dose II x1

This stats is outside abyssal site with all hardeners on.
I have mid crystal implant on slot 1 to 5, slot 5-10 is for cap and missle. I have only 45GJ/sec in this fit without activated modules and 900 dps with hamerhead and inferno fury missles.
Thx for Your time and help.

I would be a little afraid for the capacitor here. But I don’t say that it won’t work at all. I can’t put it in Pyfa now.
I would definitely advise to carry at least 1 pair of Faction drones and 1 pair of Augmented drones. Not only TechII Drones. Faction drones have much more HP and track better than TechII. You will like them.

This works like a charm in Electrical and Exotic sites. Switch drones and hardeners accordingly:

[Gila, Gila T5 - proven fit]

Sentient Drone Damage Amplifier
Sentient Drone Damage Amplifier
Capacitor Flux Coil II

Gistum B-Type 10MN Afterburner
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Gist X-Type Thermal Dissipation Field
Gistum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Gistum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile
[Empty High slot]

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

‘Augmented’ Vespa x2
Caldari Navy Vespa x4
Vespa II x4

Mid-grade Crystal Alpha
Mid-grade Crystal Beta
Mid-grade Crystal Gamma
Mid-grade Crystal Delta
Mid-grade Crystal Epsilon

add nanite paste 100+ and blue pill and repair booster, just in case

It is a little over 2 bils in total

1 Like

I put your fit into Pyfa and it is actually possible to shift the medium cap battery for a large one. So you will be running dual large cap battery setup. That would be OK.

Fit “Thukker Large Cap Battery” instead of “Thukker Medium Cap Battery”

Fit “Medium Ancillary Current Router II” insted of “Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II” to make fitting room for the battery. You have plenty of room with this rig for fitting.
But if you have Advanced Weapon Upgrades V, then you can fit just Tech I version of the rig according to Pyfa, and dedicate the extra rig calibration to upgrade one “Medium Core Defense Operational Solidifier” to Tech II variant and hence have more repping power.

Yet the fit has only 2 hardeners which makes it less versatile for refiting into different weather. But is is certainly feasible. Exotic sites will be just fine in that.

If you stick with the fit which I posted, then you shall be fine. It is also a cheaper fit. Pyfa says approx. for 500mil cheaper. You will make that back in T5’s quickly back and then you can experiment :wink:

Wow thx for rig advice. Its look better now. I’m fine with faction drones i will use it against small npc and t2 against bs. But why augumentet drones? They have 2 type damage. One of this dmg is not abyssal wikness.

The augmented drones are very handy mainly for their durability. Damage is huge anyway and just subjectively speaking they wreck everything just fine. You are right with the 2 damage types, but many times it is not a factor.
(the penalty is either 50 or 70 procents in T5 - excluding darks; and you never know in advance which of these 2 it will be before jumping in; 70 is much better because it weakens the rats more for you; again subjectively - augmented drones work fine in both; rats have their own resist profile and not necessiarly you have to shoot the weather weakness always).

For example the drone battlecruiser spawn. Slow moving and very hard hitting battlecruisers from close distance, which agro drones viciously. They will give a hard time to T2 drones even with gila bonuses. You will have to recall them and change sets. But the augmented drones supplemented with faction drones will wreck this room easily and very fast.

In other cases it is slightly better to use T2 drones. Have a variety with you.

As with everything, I very much recomment to gradually progress in Abyss. Do T4 sites before T5. Once you feel confident, then jump into T5. No rush. Learn the spawns in T4. Don’t go straight to T5. And don’t bling the ship too much, because sooner or later the odds catch up and you will loose it. Be it even for unstable internet connection or other reason.

Cheers and have fun !

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.