I looked at the new versions of Abyssal PVP and I think that CCP does not understand what to do with this content.
I will try to describe Abyssal PVP and its evolution.
In the initial version, to get into the PVP room, you had to go through Abyssal T 3-5.
This option gave its positive and negative sides:
- Perhaps the most significant advantage (for me) is the ability to get PVP 1v1, which can be found in 15 minutes.
I will explain in more detail. I could fly in K-space for 2-3 hours and not find any battles. More precisely, battles in which I would die in 5-10 seconds without a chance to win can be found easily and a lot, but this is not at all interesting.
In other words, either no PVP, or 1 against the blob
- A wide variety of ships and feats
- The ability to really make money on PVP
- Significant restrictions are imposed by the need to pass Abyssal T 3-5, many concepts could simply not be able to do this.
- Ships for such PVP are very expensive (one call is about at least 350kk, if you count on the minimum result)
- It quickly became clear that certain concepts would be dominant. And this led to the appearance of ships for 10b +, which can only be defeated by a similar ship.
This led to the closure of this type of Abyssal PVP.
It can be concluded that the content was popular at the beginning, however, over time, the popularity declined and remained at a certain level, 20-30 ships perished daily.
The developers have tried to breathe new life into this content, however, despite the great success of the new several variants of Abyssal PVP, there is a decrease in interest in this content.
In general, all arena options had various disadvantages:
- Not 1 vs 1 and you need to look for companions
- Dominant concepts were found (the problem of 3 points arena build only without expensive feats (the first version of Abyssal is not considered ))
- The option all against all does not provide an opportunity to show your skills, it all depends on luck.
As you can see, the ideal arena did not work out, I will try to offer my own version:
- T1-T2 and faction cruisers will be able to enter Abyssal
- Divide the abyss into 3 levels
- For separation, you can calculate the combat strength of the ship:
Combat efficiency = ship cost (estimated cost) / 5 + module cost * module mettalevel * N (count each module) / for Abyssal modules we take (module cost + multiplasmid cost) * mettalevel / + implant cost * mettalevel + rig price * mettalevel
We take the metta level divided by 10.
AT ships automatically get to the maximum rating
The calculation can be done in a simulation.
The calculation is done again when the key is activated.
Specific boundaries can be set based on the following equipment kits:
- T1 ship with T1-T2 modules or other cheap modules
- T2 ship with T2 modules and cheap implants
- Ikitursa for 10b
When you activate the key, you can see how many ships are of their type (cruiser, heavy assault cruiser …) and with what combat effectiveness.
You can make it possible to save both ships, at the last minute the gates are unlocked, but if none of the ships was destroyed, then upon exiting the ships receive the status of a suspect (participating in the battle by attaching) and it is not possible to make a warp jump and turn on the probe module for 1-2 minutes + the exit location becomes visible by analogy with cyno.
When both ships leave, there is naturally no loot.
70% of the modules must be filled in to avoid the possibility of earning through alts
Make rewards dynamic:
For level 1 as with T4 Abyssal about 30-40kk * N
For level 2 as with T5 Abyssal about 80-120kk * N
For level 3 as with T6 Abyssal about 180-250kk * N
The N coefficient can vary from 0.5 to 2 depending on the activity (victories are counted), the more victories (for example, per hour), the lower the coefficient and vice versa
I believe that these measures will allow attracting this content to become quite popular and subsequently retain some permanent audience.
Thank you in advance for your criticism and suggestions that will make the game more interesting