Abyssal Space - I'm disappointed

The last few posts prove what I’m saying. CCP has spent a lot of time on various new PVE. People wanted group content, the got incursions and later Drifter Incursions. People wanted more challenging missions, they got Burner. People wanted small group PVE, CCP redid the scout sites. People wanted “dynamic and procedural” pve, they get Abyss.

And it’s not enough. It’s never enough, and it will never BE enough, because the truth is that the people asking either don’t really know what they want, or can’t be pleased with something no matter what CCP does.

Meanwhile other PVErs are finding ways to make existing PVE fun, like the Leshak guy in the PVE forum right now. But instead of adding more puzzle style PVE that creative folks could find a way to make work, it’s more of the “new age” stuff that does…not…work.

How many more Drifters, FOBs, Pirate Sotiyos, Covert Research Facititles, NPC Mining Operations, Resource Wars, etc etc have to happen before someone says “you know, this company made PVE that people are still doing like 15 years ago, MAYBE (just maybe) we should expand upon that kind of things instead of going down these rabbit holes”…

It’s like Walking in Stations (and making a whole new engine for all of it), Atmospheric flight, the DUST/EVE link and CCPs recent foray into VR. The folks at CCP want to innovate soooo much that the idea of repeating a successful thing from the past doesn’t occur to them. When CCP added missions like Dread Pirate Scarlet and NPC capitals to some anomalies, those things were very well received. but it’s almost like that kind of thing is, I don’t know, beneath them now.

Edit: Yay im home and can link stuff easier. Yiole said it better. I don’t agree with that poster about a lot of thing,s but this post is spot on.

1 Like