Abyssal timeouts because of disconnection

This says a lot on how CSM is useful and what kind of people are in it.

1 Like

Yes, you have people like me who are here to listen and want to actively help, but are told to ■■■■ off by random people who think they know better, and then use the fact that not everybody is as active here as I am to run down the whole program.

5 Likes

This says a alot about the entitlement of some players who wan’t to take a S**T all over one of the few CSM members who takes the time to actively participate on the forums.

Thanks @Brisc_Rubal for the time you spend taking your CSM role seriously enough to actively interact with players here.

2 Likes

I think one argument against timers also has to be the business question of whether the time spent to create some fix for disconnects benefits enough players for the effort. That is assuming it is even technically feasible.

I know it sounds like a harsh decision, but it is one all businesses have to make in one form or another.

I would have to guess CCP has ways of gathering those metrics. Based on the numbers of threads I’ve seen over time, as well as the number of supporters in those threads, I’d venture that it is a problem that not affecting enough players to make the effort worth it, when that dev time could be put to other areas that affect more players.

Unfortunately only CCP really has that information. Given the nature of that sort of situation, even if it came down to that decision I don’t expect they would ever publicly state as such, since it would be some bad optics, even if it made business sense.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.