This is simply about providing more choice for players. For those who don’t want to use crypto, nothing changes. For those who prefer it or who have easier access to it than traditional banking, this option would be helpful. Using a modern crypto payment processor, CCP would receive payment in fiat currency immediately, eliminating any risk from volatility.
Everything im reading, they want to keep all that stuff isolated from EVE Online. and keep it strictly to EVE Frontier.
I’d say no, you, or in this case FC, would not know where your cryptocurrency comes from (or if it is from illegitimate activities). Not saying it would be the case but most if not all money obtained through fraud is laundered via Cryptocurrency.
Real currency is, for most of them, tied to actual gold value. This is not the case for most, if not all, cryptocurrencies - question is which are you suggesting? or do you expect FC to accept all of them (incl. Meme-coins)?
I wouldn’t mind the option as it would allow faster payments without swaps to fiat for me, but I doubt it’s coming. Accepting crypto in the EU is a major pita if you use hosted wallets or swap services. Having your own wallets is somewhat fine regulations wise, but question is until when because eu kinda hates crypto… and then, you have it on your books, which not all companies want, even in this day and age.
I’d say, that everyone who actually wanted to get in, is already in by now, and I would not waste time convincing anyone else, because best you get is insights like answer above XD
Lesser known fact. At one time folks could pay for sub time using bitcoin via one of the few third party vendors, Diana Dial, if I recall.
m
EVE is screwed up as it is, we don’t need Musk, Thiel and other crypto bro maniacs meddling in it more.
I’d love to be able to pay for EVE using crypto. I probably wouldn’t very often because the transaction fees would be higher than the currency conversion fees, but having the option would be nice.
Yeah, so that real-life criminals and scammers could start playing EVE too.
They don’t already?
