Accounts start on launcher but nothing happens

Hi,

MacBook Pro Retina

Signed in yesterday and the launcher starts and the accounts go from play to stop icon when clicked but nothing else happens.

Any help ? Thanks in advance.

I have removed Eve / Wine completely and reinstalled.

Launcher Version 1533874 / 6.1.12

Can you file a support ticket please and attach your launcher logs to the ticket. I can’t reproduce this issue on my Mac so it would be helpful to see what is occurring behind the scenes on yours.

Launcher does not start the game - the start cursor only flashes briefly…so no gaming possible.

iMac late 2013 i5
Launcher 6.2.1
Ticket: 928393
with wine version 2.2 everything was fine, but you removed it today -.-

I have the same issue

Seams someone at CCP is still alive - wine version 1.9.17 is back and it works.

Im having the same issue. Launcher says a client is starting up, but nothing happens.

Already tried to change the wine version in the launcher settings?

I don’t see that as an option.

Ok, I tried it and it work for me.
Oh, and if you open a ticket add your system report to the log report

How did you do it? I don’t see the wine version in the launcher settings.

Start the Launcher, in the menu bar you click “EVE Launcher” then “Preferences” and there you can change the wine version from latest to wine-1.9.17-143-g91037ca-ccp-72 and make sure 64bit is deactivated.
Then “ok” and restart the launcher.
Hopefully this will help.

3 Likes

Same problem on my side. Switching to wine 1.9.17 solved the issue. Many thanks @Niobe_Maken!

To anyone facing this issue, please note that it took “some time” for the launcher to take into account the change of wine version. So be patient!

Same issue

It looks like the issue is that the latest wine version does not recognize quite a few graphic cards/adapters and the client is therefore unable to assign the card.

We have added wine-1.9.17-143-g91037ca-ccp-master-72 back in for those of you affected by this issue.

The problem with that one is that while it will recognize your graphic adapters it can not run 64 bit clients so you will need to stick to 32 bit clients while we work on fixing the issue with the latest wine version.

2 Likes

Make sure you uncheck dev versions to see wine 1.9.17 :slight_smile:

What do you mean “that it took “some time” for the launcher to take into account the change of wine version.” ? I’ve been trying for an hour and it still won’t take…

I meant something like 1 to 5 mins. Definitely not an hour.

Sorry for the late answer, I don’t hang around in the forums often. I hope you had your issue fixed a while ago.

No worries. I don’t look here often either. I was able to finally log in with the fix but now I’m wondering when I can use the 64 bit client? I just came on to look if there was a fix.

Can confirm the workaround works - and you may want to switch to DirectX 9 if you’re seeing framerate hiccups.

As for 64-bit, WINE is kind of finicky with it. It may be a while before we can go full 64-bit as CCP will need to work out the drivers for WINE before it’ll run properly in that mode =(

Same issue.

Model: MacBookPro14,1, BootROM MBP141.0173.B00, 2 processors, Intel Core i5, 2,3 GHz, 8 GB, SMC 2.43f6
Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640, Built-In

EVE Launcher version 1456374
1570224 (Patch)
By the way on every Startup comes this:

Tryd out every version of wine.
I was running like this:

in 32b without any problem.
From one log in to another, louncher Crashes all the time.

Leads me after try to close and open again to crash.
Need to forceclose.

That is how it look after Forceclose.
Reset again like in Advice from first post.
Looks like this:

Try the first… Freeze. Force close.
Log Lite send via #965567