Add asteroid depletion effects

Once an asteroid is depleted (ore, ice, or moon goo), it shouldn’t just disappear (like what it does right now).

They should add an effect when depleted. I think crumbling away would be the ideal, since it would fall apart do to it’s lack of mass.

I’d also settle for a dusty explosion, but anything is better than nothing.

Doesn’t need to be on the top of CCP’s queue, but something the art team could work on if they have nothing else to do. They reworked ship explosions, and structures, so I would think asteroids should be next.

7 Likes

With the graphics team no longer working on mantaining CQs, this is feasible. I wouldn’t be mad if CCP gave miners a bit of extra eye-candy.

2 Likes

Does the current size of an asteroid related to the amount of ore available to mine? Are “bigger” asteroids actually larger in size?

Yes, of course. Asteroids size (as well quantity of ore) increases after downtime until it reaches a certain level

1 Like

Yes. But it seems to be based on units only and not volume. A 20k kernite rock is the same size as a 20k veld rock, even though the kernite takes a lot longer to mine.

It would be nice if rock size was based on volume. Even nicer if it gradually got smaller as it was mined. How feasible is that with physical objects in space?

And as an effect I’d like dust and debris to billow out from where the mining laser hits the rock.

3 Likes

I am strongly in favor

+1, I will love to see the rocks i’m mining getting smaller and smaller too they just go poof as dust.

and while on this topic why not make the mining laser move to the next point where it was to point at, with out just teleporting the beam to the new spot, but have it slowly move there and leaving mark line on the rock with dust coming out of it.

rather than crumble I would rather they just get smaller till nothing is left

1 Like

They… could make hollowed out rock models with scorch marks on them.

1 Like

IT’S FINALLY HAPPENING BOIS!

2 Likes