ADDITIONAL Suspect Timer NEEDED

lol, don’t be stupid and I won’t hafta play!

Cypr3ss.

Honestly this is a bad and very STUPID idea OP.

and 2ndly, sure go ahead, but please tell me where your moon is so if this happens i can send a PvP character and his taxi alt there.

All it takes is for you to engage, after that its game on with the LE timer.

No you can’t, because then you could mine that ore with undeccable people.
If you want to protect it, go to lowsec.

That’s what you get for having one in highsec.

The only reasonable idea so far has been about making everyone,
who doesn’t belong to the structure’s corp, suspect.

not reasonable to give the ore-field protection 24/7 even when the miners aren’t present . they don’t want to defend “their” ore , they want others to do it for free …
the only good suggestion was to make mining the field give aggro to the owner corp only , like old can-baiting did .
and if you think ganking’s not an option , look at the orca and barge fleets killed because they made the mistake of mining a goon-alt corp’s moon . code don’t take kindly to that … :slight_smile:

There you go, kinda sorta fixed your post for you :slight_smile:

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

2 Likes

Not everyone can suicide gank a fleet of Orcas.
For most people it’s unaccessible.

When your thoughts end at “the goons can do it” then they’re not worth being considered.

3 Likes

i like the idea of old-style aggro as we had for can-baiting . out of corp miners could be freely attacked by members of the corp owning the drill . don’t know if that’s still possible with crimewatch…
suspect status goes too far and if it gets put in i’ll laugh as all these small corps that asked for it get tossed off their moons by null sec alt corps 100% …
of course you already know that …

ive got an idea for a new supect timer. how about giving a bumper who uses a prop mod a suspect timer to let the industrialists a chance to fight back. some miners will be killed easily and be a goof laugh, while some will kill the bumper and laugh. lets see who wins

@shawn_Ambramotte What a revolutionary idea! Can’t even imagine how someone else haven’t come up with this sooner, you must be a first of a kind genius with this never ever before seen special idea. :smirk:

3 Likes

No. Just no. You have to fight for this one. Buy a Mach or an Omen, speed and agility fir it and bump the poachers away. Or Omega several accounts, 5 or 6 at least, train them into max DPS catalysts, buy and fit those max DPS catalysts and gank the poachers into oblivion. Or build up a formidable mining fleet and out-mine the poachers. You have to fight for this one, not just stuck up your schmucky nose and cry to CCP for free help. Did I make myself clear, princess?

2 Likes

You have two options:

1. As someone said, pack the athanor and deploy it in a quiet area in HS if HS is the place you want to stay. Less people, less risks for you to have miners steal “your” ore…

2. How many people in your corporation? Owning an athanor demands organization and peoples. When the rocks appears, you guys have to be ready and have numbers with many barges and an ORCA to mine the most valuable ore in the shortest amount of time… You get the best ore, get the most you can get with the remaining ore and after that, you don’t really care if some people comes to pick the crumbs.

When the rocks appears, if you have a small unorganized fleet and comes 8 hours after, it’s your fault if the ore is gone…

2 Likes

As other posts have mentioned there are many threads on this, I suspect if you had a seat at the Restaurant At The End Of The Universe some a-hole at the bar would be talking about this and getting shriller the more booze he imbibed.

If this was implemented then it would just be yet one more step in making Eve a PvE play-pen and not a sandbox where serious men take things seriously and do serious things ™.

Sounds like just another form of PvP. Mining PvP. I should think that would be more palatable to a hi sec miner since they don’t have to worry about those precious blingy ships they cannot afford to fly.

I think it sounds like the real problem here is that you are losing at your own game within the PvP focused game.

Just have some corpies load up in bump Machs and bump the offending Orcas out of “your” ore belt…

1 Like

“Yarr” belt
:pirate_flag:

You would have nothing you can do about if they were in corp w/o structure anchored…

Sounds like a perfect use case for hail tornado… after all no one tanks explosive resists vs gankers…

Could be fun to give suspect flag to anyone outside corp/alliance xD
Suddenly shellcorps for athanors become useless…

1 Like

Why should it be a crime to mine the ore that you left abandoned and unmined in space. If you can’t properly mine the ore or defend it, maybe you don’t deserve to have a moon.

Then highsec does not deserve to have mineable moons.

Highsec doesn’t ‘deserve’ anything, it just exists. Mineable hisec moons are a fact of life, as is the ability for others to harvest their output, as is the existence of players who do nothing but complain that the game isn’t set up exactly as they would want.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.