Advice for aquiring skill injectors

Have about 30 days of skills queued up and as a new player{Omega} here is my dilemma. Cant use skill extractors due to having less than 5,500.000 skill points, also don’t have the ISK to purchase Injectors/extractors anyway. Also cant use Alpha injectors because I am Omega. Any advice?

stop the omega sub and then use the alpha injectors.

Might sound crazy: Play as intended. Learn and skill.

3 Likes

Your post appears confused.

Do you really want to use skill extractors? These remove skill points - of which you don’t have many. As you rightly note, these cannot be used below 5.5m SP.

You then go on to indicate that you are actually asking about increasing your skill points more quickly. To do this, you would need skill injectors. These cost about 750m isk on the market. You can use them on a character with less than 5.5m SP, and indeed, you get the full benefit of 500,000 SP per injector below the 5m threshold.

However, if you can’t afford the cost, you will just have to skill the normal way - or buy PLEX to sell for isk on the market. There’s no point to using alpha injectors when you have an Omega subscription as you won’t skill any faster. (They are basically a day’s subscription).

Yes, meant to type Injectors but was multitasking so please excuse. As someone posted above guess I will just play as intended. Thank you.

2 Likes

You can use injectors with lies than 5.5M SP, just not extractors.

You don’t have to as was pointed out, but the option is there if you have sufficient ISK.

Im also confused. What other advice can we offer you, than to just play the game normally and get skills by waiting? You dont have enough ISK to buy an injector.

I dont understand what else you could possibly be expecting us to say. Skill injectors are expensive for a reason.

An alternative: Be there when an RMT shuttle / rookie ship / whatnot explodes, get there first, grab the skill injectors (and/or extractors and/or PLEXes) before anyone else as they drop (if they drop), be able to warp out, dock up safely, use (or sell) the stuff you’ve just acquired. :wink:

Join some nullsec group sell them fake escalations

2 Likes

There are 3 kinds of skill injectors in the game, so this is probably what got you confused because 1 of them you can not use as Omega, while the other 2, you can use only as omega.

The alpha injectors can be used by alpha characters only.

The small injectors can be used by omega only, but are not economical to do so and I do not recommend it.

The large injectors, can be used by omega only, and are the ones that are ok to use, but not always.

Injectors have diminishing returns. Up to 10 million skill points you get full value of an injector, then it goes down from 10-20, then again at 40, at 60 etc. Pass 60 million they are nearly completely not worth using.

If you are going to use injectors, then I highly recommend you think very, very carefully on what skills are most essential to you and in what order. Arrange your skill queue in those skills and in appropriate order, then pop the injectors.

It is also best to just make an investment and pop multiple injectors before you hit 10 million on your character, that way you get most skill points out of them. You can do so by right clicking on a stack of injectors while it is in your item hangar (station inventory) and select “consume all”. This way, even if your total injected points take you over lets say 20 mil, you still get full value from every injector. But if you do it one by one, then the moment you hit that 10 mil SP mark diminishing returns kicks in.

So thats why it is better to inject at low skill levels, below 10 mil, and if you are not sure about where to put your unused skill points then just simply do not assign them. Let them sit there unassigned and play the game some more. Once you see what you need the most, where you want them, then assign them. You can also use the unassigned skill points on a single skill, just right click it in the queue.

1 Like

Also, think more long term in terms of your skill plan. Many people will plan their skills for a year or more.

It’s like ISK: The first skill plans are a month and sound awfully long, as a million ISK sounds like a lot of money. After reaching the first Lvl V skills, the queues grow longer and longer and the wallets bigger and bigger.
I liked the time where you got skills in 8 minutes. Now it’s more often 8 days, and in 2 years it will be 8 weeks I reckon.

Good information generally, but this part is not quite right.

Support - skill extractors and injectors

Injecting Skill Points:

The Skill Injector in your Item Hangar is now be available for use. You can sell it on the in game market, trade or give it to other players. Alternatively it can be simply activated it on the same character to move skillpoints into other skills, although the character will not receive all extracted skillpoints back in that case, the amount received when using the skill injector differs between characters and is based on their overall skill points:

• 0 to 5 million Skill Points at time of use = 500.000 unallocated Skill Points
  • 5-50 million Skill Points at time of use = 400.000 unallocated Skill Points
  • 50-80 million Skill Points at time of use = 300.000 unallocated Skill Points
  • 80 million or more Skill Points at time of use = 150.000 unallocated Skill Points

Overall skill points are the sum of allocated and unallocated skill points.

NNNNNNNOOOPE.

100% No. That is not correct, or bugged if it should be. I used extractors and injectors very recently to make a runner alt. And I know for 100% the first boundary is at 10 mil, 2nd at 40 mil. Pass that I don’t know since this is all I need on him.

Well, the support page I posted is CCP’s guidance. It’s been that way from the beginning. I extract from a small skill farm regularly, and occasionally inject and my experience is that the support page is correct. If you got a different result I can only imagine you either had a bug, or weren’t paying attention.

Since NCQ&A is for informing new players, I suggest that you take it up with CCP about their support page if you think they are wrong.

Its wrong, this isn’t my only toon with re-allocated SPs and its always been 10 mil then 40 mil, jsut the most recent one and no, not gonna do the “take it up with CCP” thing, am too lazy for that. You do it if it matters to you.

Well, between trusting you and your “memory” , and the official website of eve online, im gonna have to recommend the site.

And judging by your “NOOOOOOOO” , it seems as though it matters more to you.

Oh, and by the way.

Just wanted to plug this in, incase you want to say “Its wrong” again.

This item can be activated in a station to grant the user unallocated skill points. The injectors are consumed immediately once activated.

The amount of skill points granted depends on the total skill points (including unallocated skill points) the using character possesses, according to the following scale:

Characters with less than 5,000,000 skill points will receive 500,000 unallocated skill points.
Characters with between 5,000,000 and 50,000,000 skill points will receive 400,000 unallocated skill points.
Characters with between 50,000,000 and 80,000,000 skill points will receive 300,000 unallocated skill points.
Characters with more than 80,000,000 skill points will receive 150,000 unallocated skill points.

Large Skill Injectors are created using a Skill Extractor.

Straight from the description of the item itself.

Don’t argue we know better .I use large injectors very often for alts the other posters are correct

NNNOPPPPEEEE??? BUT HE WAS SO CONFIDENT??? How could he be wrong when hes THAT confident.