AIR NPE - Improved New Player Experience

Opportunities

I can understand the goal of this is to provide ideas to new players for activities to complete… or even to force them to interact with rookie chat if the objective is unclear to them.

However, as there is no reward attached to this, and as a non new player I’d rather have this out of my UI completely. Not just minimized.

Example: Reprocessing opportunities : A new player would learn reprocessing with the career agent (mining tritanium…) However, to a non new player, we usually figure out (or are told that) it is much more profitable to sell the ore and buy the mineral… or the final product. (until the skills are up to speed and have access to proper reprocessing facility, at least). So with no rewards attached to the “Opportunities”, suggesting the newbros to mindlessly reprocess 10000m3 of Pyroxeres, or 15000m3 of Plagioclase, it is not going to help them. They’ll end up with mineral with lower values than the ore they reprocessed and they might not need the minerals to start with if there is no other context to use them.

4 Likes