Albion seems to be doing everything EVE Online should be doing, but better?

No, they are the new faction that will come in the FW patch.

1 Like

Come on, you guys know ccp is busy making 80mil a year selling skins and has no intention of fixing things they’ve had ten years to fix

1 Like

This is adorable!

You actually believe you can measure the relevancy of a mmo with the lore and amount of books published.

Would be cute if it sounded genuine and not like a cheap attempt at stirring things up.

What are you talking about? That coffee table book is very important for my game mechanics, dood!

On a serious note, the complacency of this attitude is exactly why EVE went down the shitter.

If you believe that you’re untouchable with no competition, then there’s no need to improve.

3 Likes

True, but Albion is not a competitor to EVE, since the overlap between “is into fantasy England” and “is into spaceships” is probably very tiny. I like playing a lot of Mario, too. But my Mario games aren’t competing with my love for spaceships. There’s no point who Mario-games would get good enough for me to just say “OK now I’m abandoning space games forever for Mario, my divine lord and master”

If the OP had brought up other space MMOs instead of Albion, their argument would sound a lot better. Instead it’s just ridiculous nonsense.

1 Like

Medieval fantasy and sci-fi is just the theme.

The overlap is in full-loot PvP and player driven market. It’s fine that you don’t like a game because of the theme. Many people will discard anime games, regardless of mechanics just because they don’t like anime styled games. But to say there is no overlap between EVE and Albion gameplay-wise is actual nonsense.

I’m not going to argue this though, since most people on this forum are fans of EVE. You’re not going to get a rational discussion with fans of a product, regarding a competing alternative.

TLDR: mechanics > graphics/theme (not saying Albion has better mechanics. Just saying that, I personally, weigh mechanics over theme and thus discarding a product cause of theme is a weird choice.)

2 Likes

As an EvE player, and I mean the EvE Universe this place has been, well like my home for MMO’s.

I have accounts in Star Trek Online(life sub), FFXIV, at one time BattleStar Galactica Online, Mechwarrior Online, and for the 30 days my brother paid for it I tried WoW as much as I despise that game but i still have my BLizzard accounts for starcraft, Path of Exile, while it existed DUST514, and EvE Valkyrie.

Only Iceland Fanfest I ever went to, 2014…right after we could take over Custom Offices, I remember both Hillmar and CCP Seagull presenting the ability for a single log in point and then from there choosing whether to play EvE, Dust, or be a Valkyrie Pilot with the same character. EvE forever they said, a true EvE universe they said…a broken promise :frowning: indeed.

This has been my main since 2013, but is not my original character/account ever made…I am a 10 year Veteran of EvE, and by far I am not exactly sitting on autopilot. I have though since my personal goals have been met and my personal journey in EvE is pretty much over have decided to sit by this tree im resting at to watch the world(EvE) walk on by me, all the current Devs and their leadership, and fanboi players leading new players into a horizon that i can not help look at and see what seems to be the “Nothing” like in the Never Ending Story looming ahead roaring towards us.

I pre-ordered Odyssey for Elite Dangerous, so i can walk in stations, walk on planets, fight on planets, maybe if the rumors are true shoot someone in their own cockpits and steal their ship let alone all the ganking, combat pvp options and stuff I otherwise could still do in that game.

Once it is live fully, I can only hope that maybe a couple of more years and Elite might consider giving players the ability to actually manufacture their own stuff…if such were to happen, well it would be 1 up from EvE, once Odyssey is Live it will already have 1 up from Star Citizen…cause Elite Dangerous is already a working game not vapor ware.

And…the best part…I do not have to pay a sub, I purchased Elite Dangerous and Horizons for $25 US, i a paid approx $40 for the pre-order. That pales in comparison to the time, effort, and subs I have paid into EvE. Yet i forsee me leaving EvE for Elite, and I am not alone in this as others I know and still converse with have already left, and others are prepping to leave for other games.

CCP needs to wake up, and wake up fast…cause I feel sooner rather than later it will turn into nothing more than a footnote not unlike Ultima Online.

1 Like

Except my opinion is that EVE didn’t go down the poopoohole but is reinventing itself to reach a wider audience.

False. Even Aurora says “there’s always room for improvement”. No need of competition to be spurred to improve anything. While competition accelerates it, it isn’t the major incentive.
There are many reasons to improve something.
Ease of use.
Style.
Time it takes to accomplish a task.
The love of learning that leads to new ideas.
An innate desire to be better.
Customer service.
Rentability
… to name a few.

^^^ THAT ^^^ is the “cheap attempt at stirring things up”.

But I will not take your rotting bait. It’s not even a good try.

You still took the bait though. Not taking the bait, means ignoring it completely :smiley:

Objectively speaking, AO has a better online population numbers than EVE these days, while EVE numbers has stayed stagnant the past years. So whether or not you like EVE, the reality is that EVE has stagnated and have a hard time retaining new players.

There is nothing wrong with being a niche product with a small player base, but “reaching a wider audience” is a bit of a stretch for me.

I still love EVE and think it’s an ok game. These attitudes, however, that EVE is king of the hill and there are no viable alternatives are, in my opinion, toxic and only detrimental to the development of the game. Instead, CCP should be scouting and gathering information on why some competing mechanics seems more attractive than what is currently in EVE. Then they should take that knowledge and improve on their own systems in EVE.

I’ll take corrupted dungeons over running abyssal sites any day.

EVE is fine.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

3 Likes

eve s chicks are the best
fact

1 Like

Albion will be beaten cruelly tomorrow.

1 Like

:rofl: Sure it is.

1 Like

EVE is doing great. And it certainly doesn’t need a grouch like you.
Bye-bye👋
OH and, hand over your stuff on your way out, you won’t be needing it.

Now allez! Shoo! Bon vent

Which part of my post is grouchy?

I’m literally saying that both games have pros and cons, i.e. eve does some things better than AO. This is why fandom is a disease.

EVE has no disadvantages

Comparing these two games is like comparing a rowboat to the USS Zumwalt.
There’s no comparison whatsoever.