Allow Capital Ships, Supercarriers, and Titans in Highsec

Double posting here but:
Actually yes they should for one Highsec doesn’t belong to us it’s territory for the empires who have already blocked us bringing in both capital and super-capital ships for protection of Their interests. Plus there’s literally nothing to do with them in highsec anyways

No worries you are responding to my argument. In the lore the empires already have significant counters, both super large titans, and concord protection that instantly shuts down our capsules connection to our ships and makes them very vulnerable to attack. Doomsdays and cynosural fields will be disabled, meaning that the ships will be severely weakened from their optimal projection in nullsec. And with the new tax increases in order to defend against triglavians, allowing supercarriers and titans to be bought and sold in keepstars in empire space could help raise revenues for the empires, with them no minding so long as the capsuleers cannot use superweapons or cynosural beacons for travel.

Redundant thread. A very similar topic to this one is already being discussed here (and actually has been for some time).

Reported.

1 Like

Not redundant, your idea is much more limiting than mine. You do not want supercarriers, rorquals, or titans in highsec, my idea proposes that. You don’t want capitals to do PVE, my idea allows that. And finally, you want restrictions of highsec sec status, permanent suspect status, immediate empire retaliation, if standings are not good enough, effectively, your idea has too many restrictions and penalties for the game to derive a benefit.

The only change that will be had is for capitals, supercarriers, and titans to be able to activate highsec stargates. Nothing else will be changed, the limiting mechanics of no doomsdays, cynos, and docking for supercarriers and titans should still remain for balance purposes. I would think of my idea as the way to promote yours, you want to try and promote carriers by making them nearly useless in highsec, however the best gameplay is always gameplay that benefits both the player, with his capital ship, and the community, with the content that can be derived from it.

Terrible idea for reasons already stated.

3 Likes

So topics as diverse as probe scan mechanics, local, heat damage, and actual cloaking can get merged into one mega-thread about AFK cloaking because it’s all related and redundant, but since we’re both proposing allowing capital ships into hisec just by different ways that’s all fine and good and we should just let topics proliferate and dilute the overall conversation?

Well, CCP gets the final say obviously, but I hope you can see where I’m going with this…

EDIT: And it’s not only redundant with my thread, it’s redundant with this thread too.

Sorry, but this is very detached from reality.

Thank you for your response.

If you really want to merge topics together try to get your thread into mine. I have no problem merging topics, but it has to merge into the one that covers the topics fully, I being an advocate of full inclusion of capitals cover both your suggestion, and the thread that you linked, that advocates for carriers and dreadnoughts to be added.

I think your idea and the other thread is too limiting, yours because you add many mechanics that would make capitals annoying to use in highsec, and the other thread because supercarriers and titans are not included. Players who live in highsec do not deserve to go without the full spectrum of ships just because of the region in which they live, each region has to offer different activities in order to incentivize living there, highsec is the area of civilization, lowsec is the frontier of civilization, and nullsec is the uninhabited land where new capsuleer civilizations can emerge.

In what way?

Typical forum decorum would have been for you to post your suggestion for broader allowance of capital ships into hisec as a rebuttal to my pre-existing thread. Why? Because if you had, I could have just pointed you to my original post instead of having to copy and paste it here:

The Empires have always guarded their sovereignty from capsuleer influence quite stridently, and there’s no sign that this is changing. However, given the rising threat of the Triglavian and Drifter attacks on New Eden, a slight bending of the rules may have to be allowed to protect that same sovereignty.

Titans and Supercaps in Jita or Amarr are not a slight bending of the rules, it’s tossing the rules out entirely.

Carriers and Dreads flown by trusted pilots in lower security systems is a slight bending of the rules.

I think your proposal is a step in the right direction, just vastly too far in that direction.

(EDIT: And to clarify, my nitpicking about forum decorum isn’t about my thread vs yours, it’s about having one coherent discussion on the topic instead of one that’s spread out and easy to miss parts of. I don’t care if CCP merges yours into mine, mine into yours, or makes a whole separate one like the old AFK Cloaking thread, my goal is just to have a non-fragmented discussion.)

I understand your view. The reason I made a new post is because the threads that currently were mentioned had two different views which are very similar, however much different from mine. I personally would like to own a supercarrier in highsec, and neither thread advocates for that position, hence my posting here.

The empires are very weak right now. They let entire constellations get invaded by triglavians and sansha while they sit at the gate. Allowing better firepower for capsuleers is not unrealistic, especially supers and titans without their heavy weaponry. Its like a country giving fully automatic assault rifles to its population, they can’t own grenades, tanks, or nuclear weapons, but full auto weapons are powerful and effective if the government cannot maintain safety.

I will as well comment on your thread, because while we may have our differences, at least you would like to see the possibility of having capitals in highsec, something that we both can find common ground on.

1 Like

Are you Naari Naarian, perhaps?

1 Like

Because a fleet of titans and supers in high sec in nigh unkillable. You cannot alpha a titan/super and FAXes are very potent at repairing anything and everything that isnt insta-blapped. So there will be no reason to wage a war on a group with defensive fleet of supers or defend against a supreme fleet of supers = less wars. They also will skyrocket an entrance bar for pilots to participate in a war, just like the current situation in null.

If you want real world analogy - nuclear warheads are an effective deterrent for wars.

1 Like

Whose that?

You have a fair point. I for one would love to see nullsec be a great haven of thousands of small 1-3 system alliances, however the current politics and strength of the current inhabitants make this unlikely. Couldn’t my proposal work with a FAX removal, as a CCP developer recently hinted at? You thus have powerful ships, but you cannot just have a FAX alt on standby, rather an entire fleet to defend you with logistics in wars.

good less wars less problems. Here here! lets do it

EDIT: I would also combine this proposal with a broad nerf to total capital hitpoints, reduction in starting resist, and increase in mineral cost, to better balance cost with effectiveness. A high end battleship is around 500m-1.5B isk in value, thus the tank of a carrier shouldn’t be that much greater than a battleship, instead the price gives you jump drive capability and increased damage and application vs a battleship. Same with supercarriers, several million hitpoints and an increase in mineral cost is balanced, compared to the price of a frigate through a battleship. Having such a high jump from battleship to capital ship is arguably the biggest contributor to the capital supremacy doctrine that dominates the nullsec meta.

Wrong. It was a bug that allowed people to build caps in HS (which was quickly patched) and sometimes because GMs reimburse caps in the wrong station.