Allow Capital Ships, Supercarriers, and Titans in Highsec

So you’re not in favor of the OP’s straight up, unrestricted access of all capital ships into hisec?

Good. Then you should get out of this thread and pop over to mine that’s discussing a much more limited approach.

:wink:

I have to disagree with this on three grounds:

1. Titans (and I think Supers, but don’t quote me on that, I haven’t looked in a long time) can only be built by an alliance that owns sovereignty over the system they’re in. So, players in hisec aspiring to own a Titan or a Super would still need to contend with actually buying one from one of the nullsec blocs.
  2. Players aspiring to fly/own a Titan or Super in hisec will presumably need somewhere to dock said Titan or Super. Is part of this aspiration also setting up Keepstar where they could eventually house it too? Because that is a lot of aspiration.
  3. Presumably, the “ultimate” end-game content on these ships would be to use things like Doomsdays, Effects generators, Burst Projectors, etc. but I can state with fair certainty that none of these will ever be allowed to be used in hisec. To get the full “end-game content”, you still need to go to losec or nullsec.

These are much less of an issue for other capital ships obviously, but if your motivation is easier access to “end-game content”, then simply allowing Titans and Supers to fly in hisec isn’t nearly enough to satisfy that criteria. You’d also need to change how they’re made, where they can dock, and what modules they can use, and all of those changes (well, at least the first two) would make these ships even more stupidly broken than they already are. Far better in my book to keep them out of hisec because they are already so centrally focused on being built and operated in nullsec.

But seriously, come check out the discussion over in my thread…