Allow Orcas to fit Heavy Stasis Grappler

The Orca has the power grid for the module, it is a capital ship, and yet the hull cannot equip.this module. Is there a valid reason why?

A friend was trying to make a bait orca and this seemed like the perfect addition, yet it cannot be mounted on this hull type.

Could we get a change to allow Rorq, bowhead, and orca to use the heavy stasis grappler?

6 Likes

I have seen this idea on the new-old-forum too.
While I’m not really interested in Orcas neither from the piloting, nor from the killing side, I support the idea. Orca is a large ship, it should be able to fit a module that is limited to large ships.

2 Likes

Seems reasonable. +1

I’m curious how useful this would be to aligning friendlies.

+1

Nice idea.

I think if you have 2 Orcas already grappling each other and are mostly aligned, I’d say the time between the attacker appears on on grid and actually leaves warp would probably enough to initiate fleetwarp and get out before they could be targeted. Cov-ops tacklers would become necessary to catch them, which means more content. That’s a good thing right?

2 Likes

It’d be very nice but hunters would complain that higgs and grappler combo orcas be too OP

+1 seems like a reasonable idea.

A higg orca is traveling at 15 m/s so you can stay fully for an extremely long time without really moving already. The difference between a webbed higg orca and a grappled higg orca is 4 m/s or so if the grappler is in optimal range.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.