Almost Got Shot Today

A few years ago I got robbed by a Bumble date. Surprisingly the police actually investigated it. Once this new progressive DA was elected they went ahead and got a conviction and restitution order.

This lady racked up a litany of crimes and lawsuits over a few years including attempted premeditated murder with a deadly weapon and human trafficking. She now has a scantily clad ad on meet-an-inmate and she’s looking for love.

You never break character , although I understand why.

When I was younger and much wilder, my friends and I had a deep scientific interest in a certain type of fungus that grew from cow excrement. We lived close to a large farm and would sneak onto the property to borrow samples of this particular fungus.

Apparently the owner of the property didn’t like us, and fired what was most likely a hunting rifle at our direction. I remember the bark flying off the tree that was only a few feet away from me. We hastily escaped (with a large sample of borrowed fungus) and got to safety after phoning the driver of our scientific escape vehicle.

I always wonder if that farmer was aiming at us and missed, or was a crack shot and intended only to frighten us. We always suspected the latter, but either way we enjoyed our fungus experiment with a renewed appreciation for life.

I’m just so intrigued by your anaerobic adventure for fungi either for medicine or research.

Bud, I served in the military and have been trained to deal with such things. Im not a conspiracy theorist so I know the cops arent targeting me.

My mental health is fine.

Or should be a societal stigma of being a nervous nelly and the cops are out to get me?

1 Like

Social stigma is something I am lacking.

I don’t think you need military experience to know how to interact with police.

Your brain acts weird in stressful situations. In reference to my above post one of the responding officers had a 1911 and we went off on a 20 min tangent about firearms and racial stereotypes (I asked if he was Filipino).

1 Like

Thinking about what if the topic title was “almost got hit by a car today!” Instead of almost got shot.

Anywho back in the year 2005 I was in Queensland working for a Company and one day a colleague challenged me to ride my bicycle to work. It was a Giant men’s brand.

Well I accepted the challenge which he bet me 20 bucks that I would’ed ride into work. Around 5 kms from where I lived.

The next day being a Friday at the time I thought cool easy 20 bucks. 500 + some change, it was a good bike.

So in the morning I was riding along the road with traffic well out of the way of motorists when all of a sudden I was stuck by a car which send me into the air on I had landed on the bonnet. The bike front was all twisted and I had
Injured my right arm.

As I was standing in front of this car while holding my right arm with my left hand I was staring at the driver who looked like he was too afraid to open his door to even talk about what just happened.

I ended up skipping work that day and took the full weekend resting before returning to work on the Monday.

I had lost the bet too and had to pay my work colleague 20 bucks.

Hmm how we remember such, today I was pegging clothes on the line and each time my right arm reaches up I still feel a strange click in my shoulder and it doesn’t fully extend.

Also noticeable n that Christmas Picture of me and reason why I stand a little lopped sided.

3 Likes

Plot twist: the driver was hired by your colleague for $5 to prevent you from winning the $20 bet. :eyes: :upside_down_face: :thinking:

4 Likes

Did you at least wear a safety helmet?

1 Like

Yes and remember it costing around 50 bucks at the time.

What a classic Netherlander story!

I’ll go next.

So I went to work yesterday morning and at the shop in the train station I got some energy drinks without energy (sugar free) and a yogurt. When I wanted to eat the yogurt during my 1h train ride I had to discover that they removed the plastic spoon to save the planet, so I unfortunately had to delay the consumption until I was in the office. The train was punctual as always.

1 Like

An event is not the same thing as a story. Those who believe their lives are stories are being puppeted on strings.

1 Like

A couple days ago I was driving north along a 2-lane road. There was a lot of traffic driving south. I’m minding my own business, going the speed limit, when this idiot in an SUV driving south decided to cross the double-yellow line to pass someone. This scared the ■■■■ out of me because

a) there was no room to pass the person(s) in front of him and

b) I was very close to the guy to begin with.

This made me have to drive OFF THE SIDE OF THE ROAD to avoid getting smashed head-on. There was no shoulder. Just a little bit of grass. Lucky for him there wasn’t anyone behind me. I was too surprised to use my horn and i didn’t bother to look back to see if he completed his pass or if he was forced back into his spot. Speed limit on the road where we were: 35 mph.

Moral of the story: Don’t pass on the double-yellow, kids! Passing someone takes up more distance than you think it does!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.