Alpha Changes: Gank Power

Damn, why am I not surprised by this response.

Expecting someone to have read a post “Before” replying to it is just not something to even wonder about on Eve forums.

Read the post your response refers to, for gods sake.

Here, I’ll save you the time

Most of all, it would mean not having to run multiple accounts to pay for the few fleets I join each week giving me 20 odd hours a week to find something more interesting than Eve to play.
After 10 years the main reason I’m still here is down to the social aspect of Eve, as the group of people I interact with who no longer play is growing larger than those who do - The reasons to scale my play right down are quickly gaining ground

Galaxy Pig - Said Blah Blah Blah

Wow, you finally got it, you’re a rude arrogant moron but you got it.
the reason I’m looking forward to the changes is so I can (As I said before) find something i prefer to do…

NB; I don’t pay money to play Eve and for many years my play style was worth the effort put into plexing multiple accounts. And if you had bothered to read the post you called “stupid” I actually explained that this change gives me the ability to move on to something else and still be able to play Eve as I choose - FOR FREE…

Tell me Stupid - Who’s the fukin stupid one?
The one who says someone’s post is stupid - Because he picked one sentence and disregarded the rest of the post. Or you?
Hint - It’s you on both counts.

You are if you think it’s the alpha change that will fix your grind problem. Alphas will stop training SP at 5mil.

You can right now PLEX for omega, play a month only the stuff that is fun for you, then extract SP at the end of the month and get a new PLEX for the next month. Completely grind free.

So tell me what is the difference except that you can do it RIGHT NOW and you get omega instead of alpha

1 Like

But he said that extracting is too much “effort” for him in his original reply to me. So I think its too much work for him entirely.

Anyways, returning to topic:

I personally am intrigued at maybe trying my hand at ganking with T2 modules/BC/BS on Alphas. Im not familiar with all the math.

I also hope this would infact increase gank volume in HS to put more of a dent in the ceaseless flow of material to and from Jita.

Won’t do much in HS because of the way that works already as has been pointed out already multiple times by multiple people because suicide ganks are a function between number of available characters and price required per ship to pull it off. So other than some potential additional Tornados for the small operators it really won’t do much.

This is actually more likely to have some additional gate camps on the lowsec chokes with heavier ships. Because if having access to better ships enables alpha accounts to branch out into low with less of a power disparity between them and a full access account they may try their hands at piracy that is only somewhat likely to cost their shinier ships rather than always.

1 Like

Yes, all of which are changes to the current status quo.

May not be an issue for him if I’m reading what he means correctly?

Oh no no, I got it man. You work a part time job in a video game because you haven’t figured out how to do what you wanna do without doing a whole bunch of stuff you don’t wanna do. More than that, you seem to think that your bizarre playstyle is valuable or desirable. You’re enslaved by your own… lack of imagination? shortsightedness? I’m not sure.

BUT EVEN MORE THAN THAT: You apparently belong to some organization that requires you to save up to be able to afford participating in their fleets? Do wha? Sounds to me like you’re being taken advantage of, man, probably for years…

Somebody seriously, help this dude out. These thoughts are making me sad…

2 Likes

it is completely ridiculous, there are plenty of SUBSCRIBING players out there who when these changes hit, just wont need to sub anymore, because CCP have given them the ability to the fly the ship they use most often for free. (faction warfare being a prime example here).
Is the idea to bankrupt the game? I dont get the goal here? Why are CCP bending to the demand of players WHO ARENT PAYING THEM ANYTHING?

1 Like

A fair number of people suspect this is a slow/gradual transition to a Free2play/Pay2win game. I gotta say, I hope thats not the case, you’d think CCP got a ■■■■■■■ clue after monical gate/greed is good gate

I’m NOT saying this is the case, but the people who are saying this now have enough ammo to not look tinfoil hattish anymore.

3 Likes

It’s hard to say something exactly about it now. They unlocked BC and BS, but nothing was said about Mastery distribution of SP firstly and availability of T2 weapons secondly. Also, Alpha multiboxing will be prohibited and this is the crucial factor of Hi-Sec ganking. Moreover, the ganking in T2 ships isn’t cost/reward worth.

Anyway, more SP into Engineering and weapons power will make Alpha gankers much more stronger obviously.

Actually they did explain availability of T2 weapons, all T2 small/medium guns will be available fully to alphas, but not T2 large guns. The one thing we’re not sure about, is T2 drones and what sizes.

there is nothing stopping people from dual boxing alpha clones lol - all it takes is more than one machine and a vpn (and people can pay for that out of the subscription they dont need to pay eve anymore, because they unlocked all the stuff they need).

If you never go omega, you can’t go beyond the actual 5m sp cap (and skillset)

The part where current players that already have the skills and will stop subbing is a scary part tho…

We’ll probably see alphas in blingy nightmares and machas (faction/dead space everything) doing incursions and stuff now lol

Accept the ban they’ll get when they’re found out (which they will be, eventually), which I’m sure will be permanent after enough prior infractions.

yes i KNOW the EULA, and while i am not saying its ok, with an alpha clone, aka an account that doesn’t need to pay to play you can create a new email address a new name, whatever you want as theres no verification step (such as a credit card, bank account, paypal etc etc) required, so 2 computers and a vpn is all you need ^^ but it seems CCP are too busy trying to give the entire game away one piece at a time to alpha clones to think about that.

Ima Wreckyou5d
You are if you think it’s the alpha change that will fix your grind problem. Alphas will stop training SP at 5mil.
You can right now PLEX for omega, play a month only the stuff that is fun for you, then extract SP at the end of the month and get a new PLEX for the next month. Completely grind free.

So tell me what is the difference except that you can do it RIGHT NOW and you get omega instead of alpha

The difference is - Only having to run 1 or 2 accounts instead of my current 7 active ones.

Oh and you might want to have a look at the changes to Alpha clones - 5 mil SP?

Why would I pay for Omega when Alpha gives me what I need?
Of course keeping one account Omega could have benefits - Like using capitals but for day to day play, the new Alpha limits will suffice. The game has changed, I no longer want more than I have now. The time when saving for my next titan or super has passed, I’ve sold my super recently lost my titan and really the way the meta is, don’t see replacing either as something worth doing.
My only overheads will be ship losses, which I can support easily by extracting all my no longer needed accounts.

To answer your “why not use as a Plex Farm to pay for Omega” - Yes it will pay for a sub BUT that is all it will pay for. My goal is to play for free, which means no grinding, no credit card transactions, just log in join fleet chat a bit (depending on who’s around) and logoff.
Can’t do that with a plex farm - Still need to find isk to buy ships and fittings.

Eternus8lux8lucis
But he said that extracting is too much “effort” for him in his original reply to me. So I think its too much work for him entirely.

I’m not sure how good your understanding of the English language is - In my original reply I stated I planned on extracting all my excess SP (7 accounts with 19 characters) - At current plex prices I could plex a single account for 7 years or run one free account for as long as I choose to keep logging in.

Not really much to discuss here.

This was the incremental step in the pay-to-win model that CCP has adopted. CCP had their best financial year ever based on the massive surge when skill injectors were created. But that was a one time surge. Alpha’s as a whole have been a failure. Couple that with the constantly declining Omega account numbers, and CCP would be faced with an ugly bottom line for the 2018 fiscal year. Hence a new demand for skill injectors had to be created. So, voila, 20 M cap, as long as you pay for it.

Next year about this time we will be hearing about the cap going to 40M SP.
Only way to squeeze more blood from a shrinking stone.

1 Like

If 20M cap will be success there won’t be another cap, just full F2P with SP injectors as the only option to gain SP.

Which begs the question, if injectors are the only way to gain SP how will injectors be created? unless you’re suggesting CCP will sell them directly from the NE store as well as extractors.