Alpha fit for edencome foward post?

Okey I asked in the invasion system and people said a cruiser can solo them well my dang rapture melted like butter in the sun. Don´t tell me I need a Gila I don´t have that money what I do have is Gnosis and I can fly rupture and hurricane.

Yes I want to fight Edencome.

I am Alpha now so could not fly the boat I wanted. I did take a Caracal:

[Caracal, tst]

Damage Control II
Missile Guidance Enhancer II
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II

10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 150
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Extender II
Cap Recharger II

Prototype ‘Arbalest’ Rapid Light Missile Launcher

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Hornet II x2

…over to Vale, to ‘feel’ the Trigs there … the Caracal felt very weak, but this is first time I’ve done anything as Alpha in quite awhile, and maybe I’ve just forgotten how much one loses when they stop paying the bucks. All I ever used it for before now was low level filaments and it did fine with them.

So… I did toss a Bellicose into a free contract if you wanted to try a cruiser still, if not just ignore it and the contract will die in a few days of its own accord.

1 Like

Thanks I will try the ship just need to wait 3 more days for my upgrade skill to level 4 so I can use the t2 shield stuff.

Cool. At the least, by trading out the rapids for heavy launchers and the large ancillary booster with a medium clarity, it would make a very usable lvl 3 mission boat. Or, could sell some of the pieces as a few are pricey, to fund a boat you’ve been looking at.
When playing with Trigs as Omega, it seems to me I was happiest when I could both tank and deliver at least 700 reps/dps respectively (and more was just fine, but that was sort of a threshold deal for me). I am not sure how I would do that now as Alpha.
In the non-invasion systems there are the roaming groups of usually 3-5 Trigs, could pick on them until the targeting queue and damage expectations were all cemented in and didn’t have to think about them. Rarely they drop some decent stuff, but usually not. Training in salvage skills ups the income over time nicely, if salvage is chased religiously. For me, the Bellicose was repping a bit over 300, and that’s fine for a small group of Trigs, but some of those swarms would overwhelm it pretty quickly. I org. built the Bellicose because of its stronger drone support in some of the filaments over that of the Caracal’s, and so why it has those specific damage mods. I know I only did a handful of lvl 2 filaments with it as it became obvious there were better boat choices, but lost interest in them before pursuing, and boat just became dusty 'till now. Good it’s going to get used again.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.