Alpha multiboxing Praxis bot fleet

No best you could do is like a bs with 8 miner ii

This guy couldā€™ve done much better for himself
He couldā€™ve slipped under the radar if he just rented some ā– ā– ā– ā–  system in null and made those as afk ratting vnis

nope.

Seems allowing alpha accounts to fly battleships has had the expected result.

Hey CCP when you have a chance it would sure be nice to get a percentage of time that botters also tend to be Null renters. Something tells me that number is a bit high.

The Praxis has no skill requirements. Even if they had not expanded the alpha skill set they could still fly it, exactly like they could always fly the Gnosis.

2 Likes

Just one more reason alphas should only fly t1 ships and have the ability to fly faction and special edition ships removed.

That will just change the problem and not solve it in any way. Only CCP can solve this in the end by enforcing the rules they created in a better way. I donā€™t think they have enough people working on this and it is slowly destroying the gameā€¦

Welcome to Multibot sandbox game!
Where u can set all your bots to grind while u go and play other games.

We need new rules for bots. The first person to correctly identify a bot gets all the bot assets and the bots characters are deleted and Mac address banned.

1 Like

Banning a MAC address wonā€™t help you, because there is various software that allows you to effectively generate a new, random MAC address anytime you want (bit tricky to use and seems to not work everytime, but so far Iā€™ve had success with it).

IMHO the best course of action would be to overhaul mining in such way, where botting is nigh impossible.
Making mining require constant inputs from the miner, turning it into some minigame just like exploration was instead of leaving it ā€œtarget and goā€ā€¦and suddenly, you cannot bot mining at all.

Again, constantly banning alphaboxers is equal to treating the symptom, not the cause of the illness.

1 Like

The cause and the treatment are CCP. There are so many games out there that have software to prevent this. Bots arenā€™t new. EVE has had this problem for years.

Add software to the client that detects bots and the problem while still present would be mostly solved. Have EVE check periodically for third party software.

There are ways around that. And I thought CCP did have some anti-bot software (to catch careless botters) already running.

Developing an anti-bot software requires resources which could also be spent on reworking mining altogether. I post this with a bit biased agenda, because I also mine from time to time (though only in WHs) and an exploration-style mining rework that would change it from a borefest into an actually enjoyable action would be nice.

And please donā€™t suggest CCP goes with one of those third-party anti-bot ā€œsoftwaresā€ like Hackshield, GameGuard or Xigncode 3 which are legit malwares and rootkitsā€¦

Also even genuine anti-bot software would not be perfect, because there are ways to bypass it. Whereas reworking mining into a new system that cannot be multiboxed (requiring constant, non-repetitive inputs that require at least some level of decisionmaking) would solve it completely.

1 Like

You do realize the reason people are mining to begin with is they donā€™t want interaction.

Making botting free mining would be a wonderful use of resources but I donā€™t think it is possible without a overall change to the interaction it requires.

If someone does not want interaction, why do they play MMO with full blown open world PvP?

The change to interaction would be simpler then you think. CCP already has a system that could be only slightly adapted for mining.

Take the current exploration system and do the following:

• swap virus coherence for asteroid coherence. Each action (will be described later) you perform while mining decreases coherence of the rock until it shatters into a pile of gravel that is too impure to be mined or refined

• instead of firewalls, you will now have ā€œveinsā€ of dense, unusable rocks which you need to drill through to access the veins of the actual ores below them. Drilling through them would decrease Asteroid coherence. You could also have pockets of volatile gasses present in the asteroid which could explode when accidently drilled into, heavily damaging or outright destroying your mining vessel. Asteroids containing expensive ores would contain more gas pockets (i.e. risk vs. reward in practice)

• asteroids will contain multiple veins of the ore. Extracting smaller veins will give you smaller amount of ore, but would also decrease the coherence only by a small amount, therefore allowing you another mining attempt at the same rock. Extracting bigger veins would give you more ore over the same period of time, but you would risk that the asteroid shatters, denying any further mining attempts

• mining lasers, ice harvesters and strip miners would deal various amount of damage to asteroid coherence based on their tech level and skills of the pilot (with higher tech level and skills dealing less damage)

I am currently putting all of this ā€œon my kneeā€ at work, however I can put together a more thought out system and either slap it here or into suggestion section once I get home.

Thatā€™s irrelevant. Whether people want interaction or not is completely irrelevant, especially in a PVP game. If they donā€™t want interaction, they shouldnā€™t be logging in.

3 Likes

So you favor shooting being also turned into a minigame. Or are you somehow planning on tripling or more miner income to compensate for it being more demanding, higher risk since you canā€™t spam deep scan the same way, and less able to be multiboxer than rating will be.
The whole reason hacking works is its 30 seconds at the end of 5 to 15 minutes of searching. Not a constant activity.

And what would prevent CCP from balancing the individual ore income? After all, they could drop this system on SiSi, note down how much ore are players gathering letā€™s say over an hour and then tweak the numbers correctly.

Also, the actions themselves could have some duration as well. Drilling through one dense layer would take, letā€™s say 20 seconds, drilling through regular rock layer 10, drilling through gas pocket would be instant but you risk taking damage or potentially 'sploding your ship in the process. And you would have to drill through several of these to access a vein, not just ā€œone and doneā€.

I am not proposing to put the total yield from mining into overdrive. I am proposing to change mining into a system that not easy or outright impossible to bot, while also eliminating the borefest it currently is.

So rework mining and just ignore the ratting and market botsā€¦nah

You could pretty easily make a bot to run the hacking minigame I think, the reason no one does is because you canā€™t easily bot the hunting/scanning side.

If you changed the mining interface to a minigame youā€™d need to drastically improve yield per ā€˜runā€™ of the game. This then makes botting the runs much more attractive, and probably less prone to error (remember that bots score better on ā€˜captchaā€™ tests already). This would quickly flood the market, killing mining for actual ATK players.

If you donā€™t improve yield you then force miners to run the same minigame for hours on end. Nice, Iā€™m sure that wouldnā€™t kill the minerals market at all.

Also if anyone finds mining boring, they shouldnā€™t do it. Buy the minerals from those who enjoy it, or are organized enough that it isnā€™t a boring task.

1 Like