Alphas can only learn 37% of the skills in EVE, and most of those only partially

Does anyone else remember when you only had “omega” and a 14 day trial :joy: That’s a lot of skills for free if you ask me

4 Likes

Indeed, but think about being a new player grinding for the basics. Even insurance I’d imagine is a grind. It’s very easy to say how it should he hecause of how it used to be having to actually buy skill books and go get them and stuff, but really we should be thinking about making Alpha less of a second job to maintain the basics so it’s more fun and will make people want to sub more.

I tried Alpha on an alt ajd it was absolute sht to say the least. No time for that ajd people with money/a life do not have time for that maintain grind. Alpha basically a second job just to maintain the basics, of which as shown is about 37% of the game. That’s not fun.

What could be fun is no 5mil sp cap on the skills and ships available for alpha before they have to get alpha injectors. Just a flat X1 accrual on them.

That way new players get to have a bit more fun, which will encourage subbing and opening wallets for other things.

and thats how many folks getting 37% access to a game that they have not paid for.

2 Likes

Spells the differences out pretty clearly. Granted, not really “in your face” but it is there.

Chad flame shows pay to win is also viable

EVE is not a F2P game. Stop acting like it is.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.