AMA - CCP Acquisiton by Pearl Abyss! Starts at 16:30 UTC!

@CCP_Falcon and @CCP_Guard

Can you give us an update about whether or not Project Nova is planning to be a continued project and what expectations are for that IP moving forward?

Dust 514 2: Desert Storm

Thanks for the straightforward reply. It sounds like a lot of those monetary goals are hopefully going to be met with the release of the mobile title, without the need to pressure development in the wrong direction.

Iā€™m not sure if youā€™re still answering questions, but if so - has either CCP or PA considered expanding into the widely popular and extremely profitable pachinko market, ala Konami?

Hope things continue to get better for you and yours! Thank you again for doing this Q&A.

Took a bit to find it because of the way Discourse doesnā€™t load the whole thread at once.

Will there be any shared resources between PA and CCP?

1 Like

Right, and what plans are in place should they ever decide they want to step in and do that, i mean, its cool youā€™re saying they donā€™t want to, but we all know that your statement is missing the all important ā€œat this timeā€

What is in place to prevent them from doing this in the future, because as they are now your parent company i would imagine it would be entirely possible to just take over the whole thing at a moments notice and just start demanding changes, THIS is the part weā€™re worried about

4 Likes

Investors and owners are not the same thing. Having a piece of the pie and owning the bakery are two different things.

1 Like

Ever will there be a requirement to pay to unlock a ship, skill, structure, or module? That is my biggest fear with PA their game BDO is very very micro transaction intensive and you have to pay to make yourself better.

The thing i think that makes eve so great is the ability to do anything you want aspire to be anything all under your own power. Its a separate world where it doesnā€™t need my stimulation other than my yearly subscription cost and thats the way it should be!

Thank you for being so helpful with our community and letting us ask these questions as you know many pilots are worried with over a decade of time into the game you can see why players would be concerned. I guess pilots just want a promise that it well never go down that dark dark p2w game. Theres a reason this game is so successful.

2 Likes

Goodbye RMT Empires!

Kiss our collective @$$3$ !!

Iā€™m looking at you Alex.

Well there was the spaceship with boobies in Battle Beyond the Stars, but I digress.

1 Like

What % of the purchase was upfront money and what % was the earnout arrangement?

What are the terms of the earnout arrangement? This is important to know as far as what PAā€™s incentives will be.

1 Like

From what i have heard and from answers from CCP during the AMA PA will not be cutting their teeth on Eve. I shall take this on board and revue it on a monthly basis before i re-sub for another 30 days on my accounts. My long term goals have been shelved as much as they can be, until I am certain PA will keep their grubby fingers out of our Unique game. PA are pieces of s*** imo and if they ā– ā– ā– ā–  with Eve then all bets are off, I have ten years invested I shall not go quietly iā€™m sure many of you feel and think the same. So for the moment we support CCP our elected CSM and wait and see, if PA are up to something then it will be self evident in a very short period of time. Fly Safe o7.

3 Likes

This is incredibly great news as I have submitted my application a few days ago :slight_smile: Thank you

1 Like

Seconding the fact that these questions should definitely be answered.

1 Like

Is PA ready to face the full autism of EVE playerbase? Do they realize we are suspicious of everything said and done just in case it is a scam?

But being ā€œdirectā€ isnā€™t exactly a contract-binding agreement, or is it ?

2 Likes

@CCP_Falcon, Iā€™ve scanned half the thread and havenā€™t seen anyone ask about third party developers yet. I see that you mention many times that itā€™ll be business as usual, and Iā€™m very glad for that!

I still want to ask, will this acquisition have any effect on third party developers? Iā€™m sure nothing will happen short term, but I am thinking long term as well. Will this affect sites such as zkillboard.com ?

Oh, and Caldari > Gallente :heart:

1 Like

You mean Nell?

imagen

2 Likes

@Jin_taan @Steve_Ronuken these questions demand answers from CCP and the CSM

@CCP_Falcon @CCP_Guard Should PA ever try to push for any influence at all on design or monetization for EVE, are you willing to promise to the community that you will outright say so in public that design changes are forced by them? You say that you are independent and super explicit about that, and while it is appreciated, having insurance against PA breaking their word in the future would be nice to have. The concern is that their interest in CCP being independent is merely temporary. They are both not trusted, and by many players, unwanted and unwelcomed. A sort of Canary against undue and unwanted influence on their part would be appreciated.

thoughts?

3 Likes

We remember what you said about Atlanta. When an era was about to end, and you lied to us about it at the behest of corporate.

Youā€™ve lost ALL credibility about not being interested in corporate speak.

2 Likes