Ambience in stations

I said the lighting in the Caldari stations comes close to what the ship skin preview shows, which is a lot better than the Minmatar lighting.

Yea and I say it’s closer to the Minmatar lighting. It’s subjective.

The only objectivity is that each of the 4 empires has their own ambient sounds, colours and lighting in their colour.

You don’t like it, I do. I think these ambient lighting colours really add to the feeling of being in a different part of space, instead of everything looking the same all the time. You apparently want to have your ship look the same all the time. Seems we disagree.

2 Likes

Exactly.

I like lore, I like immersion in the world and it’s many factions and tribes, I like ambience, I like there to be noticeable differences when I go from one part of the galaxy to another, even if only indicated by things as simple as the lighting of my ship when docked.

1 Like

Yes, I like to see the skin color that I paid money for and not have it completely changed when it’s in the docking bay. Ships already reflect the color of suns when in space, the station interiors don’t need to do it as well.

As for ambience and immersion, the ship is in a docking port, a place where supplies are loaded and repairs are made which is done in bright well lit areas, not in some dark dimly lit area with off color lighting. Just like when a picture is taken, it’s done with a white flash, not some off color flash.

Let’s not forget that ship skins were in the game long before these changes were done to station lighting, for 15 years there was no problem with the original interior lighting, just because some Dev decided to change it just for the sake of change, and probably to save his job, doesn’t mean it was a good change, just like the god awful glare from the suns that was supposedly fixed.

CCP added a brightness slider control after they made the initial change to station interiors, at the very least they could add some sort of slider control to adjust the amount of color hue in the station lighting. Then everybody could set it to what they like. That way you can have black/grey skins look like brown mud and I can have black/grey skins look like blued steel.

1 Like

Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it was a bad change.

Not a bad idea although I won’t hold my breath for such a change. A lot of games have a brightness slider, that’s pretty standard, not so much a colour hue one.

And just because you like it doesn’t mean it was a good change.

Of course.

/thread

so which station has the largest echo from a space fart? Amarr probably

Of course! Our farts are devine!

Removed a bunch of off topic posts. Keep it on topic and civil, thanks.

2 Likes

I think our devine farts are an ambience in a station and on topic and civil. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I miss the loud chanting outside Amarr stations :frowning:

2 Likes

You mean holey?

Aawwww, someone didn’t like the crying Troll, lol. I thought he was cute.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.