An Absurdity With Omega Character Skills

hey i don’t want to report you
but saying “toon” is a perma bannable offense
take care

1 Like

I enjoyed carToon’s growing up, o ■■■■

2 Likes

Just read your other post…

I get it now, I am going to stop responding. So many trolls…

1 Like

So the problem with it is anything you can suggest to “fix it” will be abused. As things are now is the best solution at this moment.

Make a suggestion for how to fix it and I will show you an abuse for it.

It is strange I agree but it makes sense logically.

It’s not an apples to apples comparison. Character slots don’t get any ability to train skills, accounts do. Omega accounts can have Alpha alts, and Alpha accounts can have Alpha alts. Even between two people creating 100 accounts each, if one person’s accounts are all alphas and the other has a single omega and 99 alphas, then the latter player has one account with twice as many skill points trained, even if you disregard the alpha limits completely.

1 Like

The fix is simple. Every Omega character within an account should gain SP with at least the same rate as any equivalent alpha account. So if the training queue is stopped for an Omega alt then it should carry on ( up to 5m SP ) gaining SP at the same rate as an alpha…even though training itself is stopped.

No Omega alt should be ‘worse off’ SP-wise than any equivalent alpha account.

80% of same account alt’s require less than 5mil sp, all these accounts currently need to buy a multi character training (Not worth it online as CCP jacked the price up a lot, but with plex its 475 so its decent), CCP would be giving up a lot of revenue giving people free same account alt’s.

Can they do it? yes, will they? never

Even if people used an alt account and then moved it onto their main, they will still need to pay the I think its 1000 plex transfer fee or something.

And everything that cost plex ingame creates more demand on the market and gets people to buy that plex online which CCP obviously wants.

And as Anthony said Omega accounts train sp at 2x the rate as Alphas, so technically you can spend 50% of your training time on your 1 char and 50% on the other and it will train at the same speed as 1 char on an alpha account but its not advised.

To be honest I am lost with what OP is trying to convey. Just buy your +5 implants and use drugs to get the most optimal training? If anyone would like to refresh this for me thx :slight_smile:

Omegas train faster skills over alphas and have no SP cap and can train every EVE skill.

Alphas can’t train every EVE skill and they train slower than omegas. Don’t forget the 5mil SP cap.

I don’t recommend buying MCT OP it is a waste of money. You might as well open another account and multibox. It’s what CCP has been pushing for a while now. MCT is only useful in very niche and unique scenarios I can’t even begin to theory craft on here.

1 Like

Alphas continue to gain SP ( up to 5m ) regardless. Omega alts only gain SP if the training queue is on them. Hence, one can end up ( as I have ) with an Omega alt with barely over 1m SP despite it being 7 months old. In other words less than an alpha of the same age…for an account character one is paying for.

but that is becuase all those sp’s went into Altara at 2x rate im sure you got more than those 4mil sp’s on your combat char. You could have put 50% of your training time between your miner and combat char and the alpha would never pass the miner but you chose to ignore the miner and only put sp into the combat char so its a choice at this point.

Sure, Altara has 10m SP. BUT…is it reasonable that the other alts don’t even gain SP at the same rate as a free alpha ? It does not make sense that they gain no SP at all.…within an account I am paying for.

Yeah…well that father is also handing out 3 chocolates every day for free to the next door neighbour’s one kid, and they don’t even have to wash the car or mow the lawn.

https://secure.eveonline.com/multiple-character-training

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems cheaper to buy the pak’s than omega 3 acct’s?

All of this debating, especially from the OP is pointless…

In a few months CCP will have eradicated the Skill que and each account will have a fixed Base SP income.

2 Likes

I’ve yet to see anyone explain what this actually means. Will there literally be no skills queue…in which case how will SP be applied ? I’ve heard people say we’ll be able to save up skills points and apply them to this or that. But then we already do.

well, that is exactly what the devs said at fanfest, i watched the live stream about it…

1.) get rid of attributes
2.) revamp the learning implants
3.) get rid of skill que
4.) Apply a fixed base rate of SP income(most likely by account) into unallocated SP.
5.) Use skillplans, or i guess when you have enough SP inject into what ever skill and level you have SP for.

^^^ thats the gist of it

Tl;dr: Yes literally no skill que

1 Like

if they’re really going to get rid of the skill queue, they should just get rid of skills in total and put what we would get in terms of accumulating sp, into interbus credits…or w/e it’s called.

True, your comparison makes no sense. You compare apples with oranges.

Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury…

this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a wookie from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about that; that does not make sense! …

Why would a wookie, an 8 foot tall wookie, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two foot tall ewoks? That does not make sense!

1 Like