An idea for Abyss

No analysis, just a standard „give me more“ argument.

1 Like

There is no test server for an anaylsis just my own experiences, I would have to go and loose 10b, 4 deaths to do it and 98% chance the devs dont even look at it, and if they do there is a 2% chance they do something.

I don’t have that kind of isk to throw around for anaylsis.

I challenge you to beat t3 abyss in a solo frigate 10x in a row, if you can do that then I will accept anything you say as lore from now on in any subject related to eve online.

and according to actual stats: https://abysstracker.com/
after 10 runs you will make on avg: 21.4mil x 10 = 214mil so after 100 runs you can pay off the ship needed to run them, but no need for 100 you will prob die within 10.

I agree with Io Koval’s point - why should CCP try to incentivize even more solo play? You’re coming in from the point of view “I’m solo and I want to maximize my chance of success of the most profitable run possible”. It’s easy to see why you’d want that, but why would CCP? Why would other players support it? (Unless they’re also solo max-runners.)

Abyss is there for variety and challenge and for loot bait, but I’m sure CCP is perfectly happy with any destruction that occurs as a result. You’re asking for a more efficient loot pinata, CCP wants a better loot trap.

CCP is unlikely to change the numbers unless their trap stops working. You’d need to make a case that shows more benefit from their point of view, not yours.

2 Likes

I agree but its only natural if t3’s become much more viable for frigs then people will be obsessed with trying to make t4’s work in a more expensive fit, which means more expensive losses.

Right now I think the only people that actually do t3’s is in super cheap ships that don’t care if they die 50% of the time.

Right now both dying 50% of the time for mediocre loot and dying 2% of the time in a 2b fit is both not even worth trying imo, if they gave a 15% buff then people would die like crazy to see if they can do t4’s because the loot at the end is actually worth the risk to try and get.

In comparison running super safe lvl 4’s in highsec is not only safer but earns almost double.

If T3s and T4s become easier that people in expensive losses in T3s can advance to using expensive fits in T4s, all I see is ‘more loot entering the game’, not ‘more expensive losses’.

The difference would be if the loot is high enough people would be willing to risk it, if the loot is terrible then whats the point.

Ah…finally a pertinent phrase in this thread.

You said you were having fun?

You really lost track of the conversation.

The analysis I was talking about was this one:

• 1x solo frigate is 100% dps today
  • 2x frigate is 200% dps but a pilot gets 1/2 the loot today
  • 3x frigate is 300% dps but a pilot gets 1/3 the loot today

From your OP. That I analyzed with your adjusted numbers. The analysis I am talking about you should do is with the base numbers above. Remember these are your numbers:

If someone solo wants to group up they get half the loot but their partner brings in half the damage (200-100)/200. if a duo wants to group up with a third then each gives up a third of their loot but their new partner brings in a third of the damage (300-200)/300.

These are all even trades today, and you are wanting to upset this balance by giving solo frig and duo frig a DPS boost, which kills the incentive to group up. It doesn’t matter what number you pick, your idea is mathematically flawed.

Why do I get the suspicion that even if I did this, you would not follow through.

Ofc I would follow through becuase you would have proven me completely wrong, but its imposible for you to do so I’m not even worried.

you are not taking everything into consideration:

Lets use abyss.nt for real numbers:

A solo pilot can at max clear a t2 frig abyss currently that 1 site drops on avg 13.52mil

A 2nd pilot joins in now they are able to clear a t4 site that drops 85.42mil, they split the loot in 2 and they each get 42.71mil.

A 3rd pilot joins now they are able to do a T6 which drops on avg 342mil per site divided 3 ways is 114mil.

Solo compared to 3man 13.52/114 = 11.8%
Solo compared to 2man 13.52/42.71 = 31.65%
2 Man compared to 3man 42.71/114 = 36.7%

Earning 1/10th just because you are solo is a bit extreme, there is plenty of room to adjust so that it is rewarding enough for solo to be viable and also still make group play incentivized.

And in terms of difficulty:
Solo t3 is crazy hard and a lot of fun yet slightly imposible due to dps, much harder than 3 man t6’s and about 3x less rewarding even after loot split.

lol. With T2 you mean “agitated”? Hawks do that passive tanked semi-afk without ever breaking asweat. Literally any Assaultfrig can do Agitateds with abolute ease. T3s are possible with Bling and Implants, reliably.

No they are not.

I have done them, so they are.

Sure… and I can run t6 cruiser with just my toes, I don’t see any proof my dude.

have you tried comparing different tiers’ key prices?

True I forgot to add key prices into the equation I can do that quick.

A solo pilot can at max clear a t2 frig abyss currently that 1 site drops on avg 13.52mil, requires 3x Agitated Dark Filament at 40k each (120k) = 13.4m.

A 2nd pilot joins in now they are able to clear a t4 site that drops 85.42mil, they split the loot in 2 and they each get 42.71mil, requires 3x Raging Dark Filament at 1.25m each (3.75m). (85.42-3.75)/2 = 40.8m

A 3rd pilot joins now they are able to do a T6 which drops on avg 342mil per site divided 3 ways is 114mil, requiring 3x Cataclysmic Dark Filament at 28mil each (84m) (342 - 84)/3 = 86m each.

Solo compared to 3man 13.4/86 = 15.5%
Solo compared to 2man 13.4/40.8 = 32.8%
2 Man compared to 3man 40.8/86 = 47%

Yea a bit closer but still 1/6th less.

Now if Syzy is correct and t3 frig abyss can be done reliably that would change things to:

A solo pilot can at max clear a t3 frig abyss currently that 1 site drops on avg 34.15mil, requires 3x Fierce Dark Filament at 135k each (405k) = 34.15-0.4 = 33.75,

Solo compared to 3man 33.75/86 = 39.2%
Solo compared to 2man 33.75/40.8 = 82.7%
2 Man compared to 3man 40.8/86 = 47%

Cost of fit:
Solo: 2.5b - 3b
Duo: 236m https://abysstracker.com/fit/793
Trio: 300m https://abysstracker.com/fit/4896

Difficulty:
Solo: 10/10
Duo: 5/10
Trio 7/10

bump’d to Player Features & Ideas - EVE Online Forums

1 Like

Anyway, frig & destroyer abyssals were never designed to run solo, you need to be in a fleet to enter, you know. Regarding similar fun setups but with more reliability, you can try solo destroyer in t4. I did that myself, was pretty cool.

1 Like

What ship would you suggest out of interest?

Dark Jackdaw

1 Like