An interesting idea of ending Minmatar-Amarr conflict

Nope. I can honestly say that is not the way you come across to me. At all. Muh bad?

And as a corollary… no. Not even now.

2 Likes

Oh, is that what you mean? I consider myself a scientific skeptic, by that I mean I practice it as best as I’m currently able not that I’ve “arrived” as it were, but it doesn’t mean that I disregard science. A scientific skeptic primarily uses the tools of science to evaluate claims. I thought that you meant something similar, that you used spirituality to evaluate claims and I wasn’t sure how that could work.

Thanks for clarifying that.

2 Likes

This thread is ridiculous.

3 Likes

I agree, we’re so off topic right now…

2 Likes

Now, Now Ana. tell her how you really feel. Don’t hold back, it’s not good…

Tannia Ambrye you assume that this thread was on topic at all

2 Likes

The topic of the thread isn’t really worth discussing in my opinion, with all due respect to Ms Kim. Seriously, the minmatar should legalize slavery? That’s so childish a notion that I think it’s pointless to argue it. To discuss why some people rationalize slavery, if only to expose it for the fallacy it is, is worth discussing.

2 Likes

Well to be honest, I think you would have a more productive discussion with a long limed roe

2 Likes

Liming a roe sounds like it should be illegal in certain places.

2 Likes

Perhaps, but I dislike egregious notions, like pro slavery, being allowed to dominate the forums simply because I refuse to speak up.

2 Likes

I don’t even know what that means, to be honest…

2 Likes

Typos make for great innuendos sometimes.

2 Likes

… gods and spirits, Arrendis, why? Just because I don’t go around sniping at the Amarr for believing in the keystone of their whole society?

I mean, I could go around cheerfully telling people that we’re all going to the Abyss whether we believe or not, and no matter whether we follow any moral code or not, and hey it’s not so bad you’ve already had lots of practice not existing; you did it all the time before you were born. Clearly everybody’s ready to accept such a thing, because our own lay practitioners take so well to it!

Only actually they don’t, they keep right on believing in spirits and deities and communion with the dead through dreams and we mostly don’t press the point because what good would it do?

Sometimes I think “talking like a monk” might exist partly because certain early stages of understanding will crush your soul if you only get that far. The world as people experience it is a labyrinth of illusions, full of self-impressed masses of carbon all babbling together and shouting at each other and hurting each other; and the stars do not care.

And that is okay. It’s beautiful, even. … but, not everyone’s equipped to see that. They flinch away, or lose their joy in the emptiness.

The main difference between a nihilist and a committed Shuijing practitioner is attitude.

2 Likes

She just doesn’t like the fact that you might fight on our behalf and feels the need to wear down your resolve to do so in any manner possible.

3 Likes

Hey, a dose of nihilism, in moderation, is a healthy thing. It keeps us from thinking the universe revolves around ourselves. :smiley:

3 Likes

I don’t know if Ms Arrendis’ method is correct, but what’s wrong with that? In concept at least. Aren’t we supposed to hold even those whom we consider allies accountable?

2 Likes

Uh … actually, my lord, I kind of probably won’t be returning to the war zone very soon. I won’t say never, and I’d definitely protect the Directrix against threats from kind of wherever, but … I don’t have any real reason to want the Matari to disappear, and the Directrix seems to see this as progress. As I’m guessing you might, also.

That has maybe more to do with all that time I spent trying to get people away from Mr. Nauplius than anything to do with Arrendis, though. People are easy to kill; protecting them was so hard, but … even in hindsight, knowing I misunderstood some critical things, I can’t regret it even a little. I came back here to try to recover myself a little, after all. I guess I did.

I feel healthier as a person, but, I do kind of feel like I’ve lost a little utility-- at least of that certain kind. I used to describe myself as the sword at the Directrix’s side, the hawk on her wrist, but I should probably find a different metaphor. (Maybe less falco, more corvidae?)

Anyway, for now, “Directrix Daphiti’s aide” isn’t an embarrassing thing to be.

2 Likes

Nah. I don’t have any problems with Aria fighting for the people she cares about.

2 Likes

I am aware, but that’s not the point. She, and most anyone who is opposed to the Empire, does not want anyone to work for us in any capacity. It does not matter if you are a hardened general specializing in slave-taking sweeps or a nun doing charity work for slave children; if you serve the Empire in any capacity, you are wrong if you are not trying to overthrow the regime.

2 Likes

See, I think it’s talking like a monk that had me thinking you were, you know, thinking like a monk. There’s no reason the idea that there’s no higher purpose needs to crush anyone’s soul. It’s not like they have one to be crushed!

Maybe the problem is that children get raised in environments that foment a need for external direction. I dunno. I never had any issues with the idea that the world is all there is. I mean, look at it! Someone looks at all of existence and demands more? How amazingly arrogant is that?

Attitude, by the way, is the difference between a nihilist and a lot of healthy, well-adjusted atheists. :wink:

2 Likes

The “soul” doesn’t have to be something supernatural, Arrendis. If a person, or a place, is described as “soulless,” is it really necessary for there to be a spiritual domain for that to make sense to you?

1 Like