An interesting idea of ending Minmatar-Amarr conflict

Generally, I find that descriptor to be applied to people and things that seem to evoke no higher purpose, no ‘intangible’ connection with the person applying it. So… yeah, it kinda feels like an appeal to spirituality to me. I mean, when it’s not being applied musically.

2 Likes

See what you do is this.

You fit Pator with an afterburner. And then move it to somewhere in the Great Wildlands or somewhere remote.

But don’t tell anyone about it.

And then people would be mightily confused and assume that the Pator system had just vanished.

Now some people say you can’t fit stars with an afterburner. Well, not with that attitude you can’t.

Just tell a Sebiestor technut it can’t be done then wait a while.

1 Like

Hm. To me it usually suggests something or someone that lacks significance, or emotional depth and appeal-- someone or something superficial and empty. Random Achur sigils decorating a set of SuVee glassware, drained of context and meaning, used not because they’re important, but because they’re exotic and pretty. That sort of thing.

Existential junk food, so to speak.

The soul is a pretty useful idea, I think, if you take it to mean not a spirit, but the state of a person as a whole. To me, a soul is a person’s presence in the Totality: every little tendril of influence, taken together, from people befriended and beetles stepped on to images scribbled and sandwiches eaten. The sum of a life.

Mine was pretty tattered a couple years ago. Who am I kidding it’s still pretty tattered, only, now, I feel like I might be able to start at least moving towards being something more than a stain on the Totality’s tapestry.

You can call it my state of mind, or my conscience or whathaveyou; it doesn’t matter.

It’s me.

1 Like

See, I just call that ‘me’. Or even ‘I’. Or ‘myself’. There’s no need to bring in a word that can’t help but carry overtones of spirituality, because it’s literally a metaphysical term.

The very idea of ‘existential’ anything is… well, ephemera. It’s meaningless. All meaning is subjective anyway.

2 Likes

Well-- but it’s not like spirituality is the enemy, particularly, Arrendis. Spirituality contains just hordes of useful (and some not so useful) lessons and stories. Most of what our (typically not all that spiritually skeptical) ancestors understood about people, most of their wisdom, got recorded there if it got recorded anywhere, and they weren’t any less intelligent than we are, implants aside. They just knew less.

They did the best they could. Like we do. The Creator and the Guardian Spirits and so on aren’t things I believe in literally, but they make great teaching tools. Especially when most of the community’s still leaving offerings out for them.

… this is gonna be one of those ongoing conversations, probably.

One more thing, though: I don’t think “existential” stuff-- that is, having to do with existence-- is meaningless at all. Just, the meaning’s not dictated by Heaven or whathaveyou. Definitely it’s no more meaningless than you or I, bearing in mind that I don’t believe in free will, or my own existence as a separate being. The world’s absolutely packed with meaning-- all subjective, but meaning still.

2 Likes

Because this is the IGS, and it is a platform not for discussion cognizant of the complexities of culture and history but advocating political narratives. No one here wants to see the opposing viewpoint, desirous only of having others accept their own in full. Recognizing this, yes, of course it is fun to see the Amarr trying to defend what others view as indefensible – since they try to do the same to others on the basis of their own derived morality.

3 Likes

Speak about yourself, gurista. Unlike you, I am interested in hearing opposing viewpoints. Though, unfortunately, most of the time I have to deal with idiots, who instead of offering me contradictory viewpoint foolishly try to insult me instead or spread some slander and lies about me, trying to represent it like “opinion”. Such sort of… pseudo-“viewpoints” will never be accepted. But I am really open to listening to people, who are civil enough to oppose my ideas without degrading themselves to oppose my person instead.

Go away, fool.

4 Likes

That said you? Excuse me, that’s hypocrisy overload.

That said I. Indeed. Now, excuse me. I need to go seek out some protein bricks.

2 Likes

Because you don’t have a viewpoint that is not tied to your own insecure ego. In that, you are not even particularly unique or special – simply amusing. You have all the instincts of a tinpot dictator but none of the nous. You try to project authority with your constant claims of being a Caldari officer, but all that you are, and all that you will ever be is just another capsuleer blowhard trying to claim authority and power they do not possess to impose it upon others.

The frailty of your ego is apparent for all to see: whether it is your declaration that anyone who disagrees with you is some kind of criminal or traitor; or the laughable contradictions you create such as when one day you will declare Drifters enemies of the State to be destroyed and the next day declare them no threat at all just because it involves the work of someone you loathe in Makoto Priano.

You don’t even have any ideas that aren’t crafted through the lens of your own crippled self-esteem irrespective of whether you flip-flop and move the goalposts on opinions worse than any Gallentean politician because you chose Tibus Heth to be the hill you died on since you cannot admit you were wrong; or that you create threads such as this because you feel a few Minmatar insulted you. Which is about the extent of your ideas and opinions: Who flatters me, and who does not?

You are just one among a plethora of charlatans who try to cloak themselves in an authority and power they do not possess so that they can try and act the con-man, and the standover man trying to bully and intimidate others to do what they want and agree with them. You are an egotistic and emotionally crippled schoolyard bully living in the delusional quadrants of your own mind, you do not deserve civility because civility is extended to those one respects and I find nothing to respect in a petty, thin-skinned, egotistic, emotionally crippled charlatan like yourself.

Go affect being the aggrieved with someone who might actually care about you – I’m sure the imaginary “Dear Readers” you preface to might. Too bad they only exist in your own mind.

5 Likes

Lie.

Lie.

Lie.

Lie.

Lie.

Lie.

I mean, I can continue it, but we all can see what that person represents now. I could for example demand her to bring proof where I made, for example, such sort of declaration, but she will just explode with another portion of that infamous brown smelly matter and, obviously, won’t bring anything to prove her words. Simply because such proof can’t be found anyways.

So, tell me (not Gesakaarin, of course), but the others. What does this liar represent? A pathetic attempt of propaganda against Caldari? Or just capsuleer dementia?

For a self-proclaimed Caldari officer you have a remarkable lack of subordinates leaping to defend your reputation in public, Diana Kim.

What happened, where are all these people you command babe?

5 Likes

6 Likes

That’s a pathetic lie, troll. Caldari State did give me the rank.

I have a good reputation, unlike you. What should I defend it against? A couple of loud idiots, who can’t even blame me in my real mistakes and just bring random crap? I pretty much can do it myself, because I am way smarter than they all bound together.

It is “Strike Commander Kim”, not babe. You fail to read insignia? Well, try to ask help of 5-year old Caldari students, they will teach you.

And these all people are doing what they are expected to, including protecting me from real threats, that somehow don’t include couple mad trolls, that spew their delusions about me all over IGS.

Because, let us be honest, all these idiots represent zero threats to me, neither to my reputation. If I put my reply in time and show that they speak crap. Unlike them, I operate with facts. Just look at my previos reply.

Can you, for example, bring proof that I was declraing " that anyone who disagrees with you is some kind of criminal or traitor".
No?
Dismissed.

Just so you know perfectly clear, you having crew and staff is not a privilege reserved for ‘Strike Commander’. Every single one of us has crew and staff. It’s part and parcel of being a capsuleer. I personally have 800+ personnel staffing my industrial colonies, hangar operations, machine shop operations, prototyping, proving grounds tests, etc. Then we get to ship crew, which are upsized and downsized depending on the ship class of my bread and butter.

What else does your rank bestow upon you beyond staff and crew?

4 Likes

For a self proclaimed Caldari officer Kim babe, you seem pretty mad defending yourself from someone you call a gurista.

How undignified for you, defending yourself on equal terms from someone you consider an enemy and criminal.

You know what kind of people are easily goaded like that? Self important and insecure people too emotionally crippled to have confidence in themselves.

How very sad to be you.

4 Likes

Strike Commander Babe.

Someone make some pinup art.

Cake Commander Varren,
Still Regrets That Cheesecake

3 Likes

So here is a thought, maybe. Just maybe Miss Kim starts these subjects and then sits back and twirls her metaphorical moustache laughing evilly at how many that fell into her trap…

4 Likes

I think that would require a modicum of self awareness

3 Likes