An interesting idea of ending Minmatar-Amarr conflict

Perhaps hiding it quite well?

2 Likes

It is a complicated matter and no, I am not entirely content with the position of my people in the Empire yet. Though our position is improving steadily, I believe we deserve to be de facto equals to the True Amarr, and will not rest until we have reached that point. That means proving by example that we deserve that position, not demanding it as some sort of automatic entitlement, as the the stupid and prideful would argue.

We submitted to the Amarr because they were superior to our civilizations in every way, and because they provided us with a far better future than what our leaders at the time and homeworld itself offered. Our freedom was not a commodity we bartered; we never had it in the first place. Water barons and the thirsty planet they used to take advantage of the masses had already enslaved us. While the Amarr kept us in chains briefly to teach us the truth, we never truly suffered. We took to the Rite eagerly because it already rung true to us and in return, we were given the stars themselves. The Amarr wisely rewarded us for our humility and eagerness to contribute to the Empire rather than work against it.

There is no shame admitting what we once were, and how we were helped by submitting. I would, however, also point out that we Ni-Kunni are one of the instances when slavery actually worked to its intended purpose while it failed with others. The other examples of success being the Udorians, Assimians, Kathisians, and to lesser extents the Khanid and Nefantar (as they were never fully enslaved), with the failures being the Ealur, Minmatar and the dozens of other bloodlines that are now extinct due to mismanagement and greed. This is a subject for another time, however. I believe this thread has worn out its welcome.

Your ignorance astounds me.

4 Likes

How about this idea: Let’s just make Samira empress. The Purity nutjobs are already freaking out, so this is the time to just bite the bullet, make Sami the empress, and accept the inevitable results of her righteous rage at… basically anything that deserves it.

3 Likes

She’ll have to stop hanging out with you first.

2 Likes

I’m sure we could both be astounded by the ignorance of the other if we conversed long enough, Aldrith.

2 Likes

Well duh. I mean, the Empress can’t be seen hanging out with brilliant, witty, good-looking people. She’ll have to stick to Amarr.

3 Likes

The problem with the tribals is they see themselves as Matari, not humans made by the Lord of Amarr. Matari really doesn’t mean anything at all, it’s just a fantasy they invented. The reality was they were living in a state of disgusting corruption and filth when we found them. I have heard they even married their own siblings. Until every tribal gives up the fantasy of this “lost” culture they mourn and are trying to recreate with their godless collectivist dictatorship, then they will be forced to suffer the righteous wrath of the Amarr.

1 Like

You’re a propagandist and an idiot.

Good propaganda is subtle and has roots in the truth.

Your propaganda is an entirely fabricated attack piece that doesn’t actually appear to serve any purpose at all.

I suppose the alternative is that you’re not trying to spread propaganda or push an ideal, but instead you’re just an ignorant racist.

Where did you “hear” about incest in pre-slavery Matari culture? Got any sources? A genuine academic study? A single historian who can provide some legitimate evidence?

Maybe you heard it in the same place I heard that all Amarrian Saints and Emperors were paedophilic inbreds who liked to rape their sisters and drink their mother’s blood?

Or maybe, if you’re going to come on this forum and spew bile you should make sure you’re actually good at it first.

Edit: Damn, now I need to think of something else for the Critical Words thread.

3 Likes

Some Amarrians did rape their sisters and drank their mother’s blood, it was part of the ancient Sani Sabik cult and still goes on to this day. Your idea of the truth is not to insult anyone. We are taught all of this in primary school, at least, my class is. I don’t know very much about lower class Amarrian or Khanid society but I am sure it is held to the same standards as our education in the Holder echelon is.

No it isn’t. The truth can be really ■■■■■■■ insulting if you’re not ready for it.

Well, that explains a lot. Tell them the “immutable truth of our enemy” while they’re still to young to even know how to question it.

You have been taught lies.

2 Likes

They are not lies, I have now grown up to see the truth first hand, and the behavior of the tribals today is consistent with the behavior taught to use in primary. They are not as bad as the blooders on average, but a few of them are worse than the least offensive blooders.

Prove it.

2 Likes

I don’t need to prove something which is widely known by both sides, that you commit atrocities in the name of your sham government. Now we can all see who is really the liar. We have many ex-Republic Matar within the military who have escaped, denounced their tribalist ways and told us exactly how unjust and abusive the Republic is, not only to prisoners of war but to their own people who are cast out because of the wicked superstitious and evil practices you perform on them as adolescents.

When I became a teenager I was enjoying parties and volunteering at Temple, not being made to desecrate my body and be forced to participate in infidel rituals that offend the almighty lord.

I’ve known a lot of Amarr that talked like their ■■■■ was made of gold but it’s neat to run into one that actually believes it!

2 Likes

In other words, you’ve got nothing you can show except unverified anecdotes. How do you know that these stories by Matarii who defected were telling the truth, how do you know that these defectors said anything of the sort at all? Is this documented somehow, or are these third party stories handed down from the pulpit, or retold by an uncritical press?

2 Likes

I don’t need to show anyone anything, I have seen the truth and now I will act on it, that’s what it means to be righteous in the eyes of the lord.

When you’re making claims you must certainly need too. You’re making accusations toward a whole group of people based on anecdotes. If you’ve “seen the truth” so you know it then you should be able to show it.

2 Likes

Why do I need to?

I am sure you will insert some heretical infidel word salad about rules and customs that do not apply to a lady of the godly and holy Amarr Empire, so don’t even bother. I stand by my position, and no one is going to stop me, not especially a single member of the faithful, more importantly, nor will they try. These facts are widely known.
Furthermore, I don’t know of any tribal that would deny they force their children to undergo the godless rituals at adolescence, and I don’t know of any tribal that would deny they abhor the Lord of Amarr.

Fantastic.

I was thinking more along the lines of a blasphemous apostate alphabet soup though.

4 Likes

Are you saying that rules of logic and discourse are mere word salad, or are you saying that the Amarr don’t have to abide by such rules? I’m not sure what you’re saying here, please clarify.

Are you saying that, no matter what facts that contradict your position come up, you will remain firm in your resolve to hold onto an unjustified belief? Again, please clarify.

There’s a lot of things “everybody knows” that’s just plain wrong. If you’re making a claim you need to be prepared to defend it, and with evidence.

Godless, or not your god? Secular Minmatar would probably have few, if any rituals, I’d imagine. I’m not sure what kind of rituals religious, or simply spiritual, Minmatar might have. What’s your source of knowledge that’s reliable?

Ignoring your demeaning use of the term “tribal,” perhaps Minmatar that haven’t been subjugated, or don’t know others who have, by the Amarr? Have you ever considered that such Minmatar wouldn’t even care about your god?

2 Likes