An Open and Honest Letter to CCP from an Alliance Leader

C’mon, man.

Blizzard: Starts including a whole other game for free in their $14.99/month sub for WoW.

CCP: Wrecks their game and raises the price to $20/month.

1 Like

So tell me why people quit the game if everything is so good??? The game sucks in it current state do you really want to mine or raft for 30 days to just plex your accounts?? This game is doomed

1 Like

Every game has quitters.

1 Like

That is a privilege, not a right. EVE was never advertised as a game that everyone can “fully play for free.” Why do you think you’re “entitled” to be able to PLEX your accounts?

2 Likes

That’s what you get for listen to Kenneth Feld

So like other nullbears then?

Well if this post wasnt a well thought out, well explained voice of reason then I don’t know what is. Hopegully they will take at least some of what you say and implement it.

2 Likes

You tell me, I don’t know much about Null Locusts. Hell will freeze over before I set one landing gear in Null.

Most of this crap that brought us to this hideous situation was introduced long before Kenneth’s first CSM term. But stupid opinions like your’s brought us to this point.

#2 - No RL politics. Which is a rule on pretty much every video game forum.

3 Likes

The mods have nothing to do with this. There has been a new set of “orders,” and they’re being carried out by loyal soldiers.

2 Likes

It didn’t happen on these forums (yet ?) but at least it happened on the other one:
reply from ccp swift
Thank you @CCP_Swift .

The “other thread” he mentioned is this one: What is happening to EVE? , which should be enough organized info for any skeptics to demonstrate that the issues reach a lot further than just “grrrr nullsec”.

1 Like

CCP doesn’t even use its own forum to communicate with its players :rofl:

And I guess I won’t ever know what CCP_Swift posted because r/eve isn’t worth my click.

Hey there! We’ve absolutely seen this thread and are actively monitoring the discussion :+1:

6 Likes

Which means Null wins again.

As usual.

1 Like

I don’t necessarily agree with all your suggestions, but the core premise that scarcity drives conflict is just as flawed as you present. Scarcity drives protectionism, caution, and limitations. Each of which is absolute poison to Eve Online.

EVE needs to be fun and needs to cater for all its players. When you push an ideology over reality in a video game players have the option to leave, and they do.

The curve needed adjusting to address the proliferation of supercaps, sure. But you can’t force players to engage in gameplay they don’t want to participate in. Those players just ■■■■ off to pastures new, and you’re left with a massive gap in your now-gutted economy because you were so shortsighted you didn’t actually plan for people disliking your changes and choosing not to participate.

You need to make the game fun, CCP. Fun for all your players, not just a vocal minority or the ones playing the way you think the game should be played. Most players don’t give one crap how you think the game is supposed to play and even fewer actually play it that way. When you take that away they flee the coop.

When you make things needlessly difficult or move things that players want to do out of reach you’re dissuading them from playing, not encouraging them towards playing a different way.

2 Likes

Removing OT and Disscusion Moderation Posts now, be aware, when you proceed to disscuss Moderation, we wil takte further Actions then.