An Open and Honest Letter to CCP from an Alliance Leader

This is how I knew you were trolling.

8 Likes

‘Snobbery’ does not describe my attitude to the price increase, DS.

That I can afford to continue to pay for (some of) my Omega accounts is simply a statement of fact. It doesn’t make me superior to those who cannot afford to do so.

And I was careful to point out that I too have been affected by the increase; One of my 3 accounts will go from Omega to Alpha, in due course.

If it gets too expensive for me (and my retirement pension!), I shall simply unsub my Omega accounts (and maybe play for free!). No problem.

My response to not being able to afford something is not ‘Unfair!’, but ‘O well…’.

What about Plex prices? Nerfs?

I’ve left Plex alone, precisely because of the prices. As far as nerfs go, my own playstyle has been nerfed into the ground, but I soldier on, adapting, seeking ways to circumvent and overcome them. Until it becomes too difficult and I find nothing else of interest in the game. Then I’ll leave. It’s really as simple as that, DS.

I think what I’m seeing is, in large part, a number of people who are addicted to playing EVE but who are disappointed with the current experience.

They cannot/will not leave the game, even though their experience of it is less and less satisfying. I think it was Arrendis who pointed out to me that, particularly in Nullsec, this was often because of the friendships developed over time. I do accept this as a factor in making it difficult for Nullsec dwellers particularly, who may feel trapped within the game, enjoying it mainly for the comradeship the vehicle sustains.

I have a PC. I really want a MacBook Pro M1 (as a DAW). I don’t regard as snobs those who already possess and enjoy that machine. They can afford it; I cannot.

1 Like

Some people sleep at night.

6 Likes

I installed a couple monitors in my coffin.

3 Likes

CCP, this is a good time to make EVE Online great game again!

another thing that can be done with brms is every percentage below 100% instead goes to the ess bank. it would increase the value of defending it and possibly driving fights and allows people to typically get their full tick. and make it less of a drag to krab.

Seriously, a lot of vets that have the money would not hesitate if small, additional QoL services like this got added. We’d just go for the wallet.

Hell, add the ability to unlock “another personal hangar” so we can sort more of our crap into categories. Unlock for 500 PLEX for life! Sold? Sold. Just like another bag slot in Guild Wars 2.

I won’t even mention cosmetics. The bit from fanfest about Interbus Credits and heraldry was so daft, this is a perfect occasion to rake in stacks of money so huge you need a combine harvester. Seriously, no play to earn, just earn, you earn, I pay (and then play), that is how capitalism works.

CCP reading the O.P:

1 Like

If CCP want to make a lot of money, all they have to do is add stuff like anime portraits/avatars to the game. But they don’t, so I can only conclude that money isn’t their primary motivation for the continued development and support of EVE.

Which isn’t good news for the flavor-of-the-month forum whiners who propose features that would “make the game have more players and bring in more revenue for CCP” (features that, ironically, would only benefit the whiners and literally no one else).

1 Like

Fanfest clearly announced a new content delivery system.
Even if DS demands were met they would not be rolled out in a manner pleasing to the colony.
The power block leader must be seen to protest is all. Politics.

1 Like

Great read, Shines. A long one, but definately worth reding through.

I created my first character in eve back in february 2009 and currently having 4 accounts. Unfortunately they’re all unsubbed. Over 1 billion skillpoints suspended. The price increase was not necessary. Lowering the prices WILL bring more players back - and if CCP listens to Dark Shines words, even more will return and remain active. Plex prices have gone totally insane! Some 2.4 billion isk for 30 days of playtime. No thank you. Some way of setting a maximum allowed price per plex or seeding them via NPC’s at the same price all the time. That would just be great. The current situation in the world with war in Ukraine have made prices spike all around us. Don’t let our beloved eve follow that path. Imagine subbing one account at some $10 or 10 euros for 30 days gametime. They will return anmasse and you will probably make even more money than you do now. Think about it, CCP :slight_smile:

1 Like

So poignant, I could print this out and tape it to my wall.

Let’s be honest, I’m too lazy to frame and properly hang anything, and I like minmatar ships, so duct tape it is.

1 Like

I might sub for 5€ a month.

1 Like

I feel like it might be sensible to have 2 divisions between ore types:
Only hisec ores spawn in hisec.
Only lowsec ores spawn in lowsec.
Both spawn in nullsec.

Regardless if you’re in high, low, or null, you should have limited variety in ores in a given system, so if you want all the types, you’ve got to travel around at least a little bit. Nullsec could have less of the lowsec ores in particular, so there is some incentive for hisec-focused and nullsec focused players to overlap in their travels into lowsec, and people already based in lowsec have the choice of going for hisec or nullsec to get what they’re missing.

NOTE: This is coming from a new player, but one who’s had friends playing the game since 2003, and has followed intermittently along with events as they’ve happened in the past. I’m not as knowledgeable as an experienced player, but I’m more aware of how EVE behaves than most new people. I’m open to being told why this is a bad idea, or why it’s basically what used to happen, because I don’t know a lot about how ores used to work to be sure I’m not suggesting something that was already the way it worked…

You can print that on any signed photographs you may wish to hand out in the future.

1 Like

Null bears doing exactly as they’re told, like good little clone soldiers. Probably were even instructed what to post. And somehow the game should cater to those people, and by people I mean NPC.

5 Likes

I take offense to “Null Bears”.
Bears are intelligent caring, and my favorite animal.

I suggest it be changed to “Null Hyenas”.
Thank you.

1 Like

Yea :rofl:
But I do believe their characters are unofficially paid in game. Free t2 and t3 ships, t3 modules and BPOs, scratch one’s back that sort of thing…

They travel in large packs, and only live to consume.

“Locusts” would be more fitting.

And they herald the coming of the apocalypse. Nullers constantly talk about how the game is going to die soon. It’s perfect.

4 Likes

That’s what you get for listening to stupid people and follow dumb memes instead of reasonable game design philosophies that have worked for over a decade before stupid people started to introduce crazy crap into the mix and were never required to fix their crap.

It’s still good that Falcon was kicked from CCP for this utterly retarded Blackout crap. But it’s not nearly enough accountability for the developers. As long as they can do whatever they want without any accountability, there won’t be improvements.

Rorquals could have been nerfed in ways that would not have ruined the game like it has been ruined. They could still be out and about but in limited numbers per resource field. Instead of gutting the entire cluster of resources to fix Rorquals, CCP should have fixed Rorquals in ways that some people explained to them how in great detail.

20+ Rorquals on a moon are an issue. 1 Rorqual with 20 Mackinaws is not. Requring that 1 Rorqual to make tactical decisions (save yourself with PANIC or save your fleet) when enemies arrive on grid is not an issue.

Overall: CCP keeps screwing up and there are still too many people who laureate them for it.

1 Like