An Open and Honest Letter to CCP from an Alliance Leader

Heck, with only the BRM change I would resub both my accounts. I love multibox ratting for hours, and sharing the salvage-bookmarks with newbies in salvage-destroyers… but not at 65% BRM…

3 Likes

this message is from a place of years of experience. Listen to your player base. Please listen.

3 Likes

That’s where I stopped reading.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

6 Likes

well said and I endorse this letter

1 Like

A lot of people who dont care about something sure can write a lot of words about it.

I mean the DBS thing would be huge in its own right. I log on 1 pilot in null check the BRM of my system is still broken because I actually used it 2 weeks ago and just log it off and swap to my mission or incursion alts.

This means my alts are generally not in space to be shot to raise said BRM back up. The Risk/Reward Balance is so far out of whack its not funny.

6 Likes

Rarely do you read truer words nowadays. Hear hear.

Please take heart, CCP.

1 Like

Good points throughout the post.

Just wanted to add that CCP would have been better off to keep the monthly sub price same, lower the multi-month pricing (beyond the old discount), add the multi-account discount, and somewhat increase the price of Plex.

Subs are the ‘baseline’ income but simple math on the number of accounts and subscribers show they only make up approx. 30-40% of CCPs income. Plex and packs make up the large part of the income and are the less price-sensitive “whales and spenders” income stream.

More subs and alt-subs let more people play more playstyles. EVE desperately needs more people in space doing more things (and no, they won’t show up when “summer” is over).

The price increase led to a steady trend of fewer subs, fewer players, less activity and more Alphas. I’d bet big money it also hurt CCP’s bottom line and that’s the reason for the substantial sales we’ve been seeing.

2 Likes

Words with the ring of deepest truths.

1 Like

War Dec away!! It honestly makes getting stuff to Jita more interesting. More people in space wanting to shoot each other is a good thing.

You do realize that most null blocks won’t bother coming to kill some Hi Sec war deckers, they just consider it a cost of having to ship stuff to High Sec? Hi Sec corps getting more players on the other hand could actually prove to be a danger to you and your kind.

Secondly you might hate “Dirty Krabs” as you call them but let me ask you who builds your ships?? Who provides the minerals for you to Gank off freighters? Who provides you the modules to bling out your ships with? Ohh yah the Krabbers. The industrialists, the miners, aka the sheep that feed on the grass. Without them you have no one to gank, you have no one to kill, your “food source” and content then dry up.

Regardless of how you feel about null blocks in general they are a part of the game and have the right to state an opinion on what they think might fix the game just as much as you do. I would say players like you and your elitest, gate keeping crap has done far more to drive players away from the game over the years then null blocks and turbo krabbers ever have. In fact, I would say toxic behavior like yours has done almost as much to drive players from the game as CCP.

1 Like

Great original post, good advice.
CCP would be blind no to implement some (if not all) these improvements.
It will make them more revenue than just upping the subscriptions.

I approve and so do my cats (who all have accounts btw).

Kuni Nai.

1 Like

tldr;

Basically, you want nullsec to get back to the krabbing botfest raking in quadrillions of units of ore daily that it used to be…

12 Likes

Look, they’re still bringing even more people with half a dozen lifetime posts to +1 this. It’s almost surreal.

9 Likes

Bot fleets and alt carrier groups are their speciality. Are you really surprised?

5 Likes

I knew this was gonna be good as soon as you posted! :wink: :popcorn:

1 Like

Please listen to this CCP

1 Like

giphy

9 Likes

this is absolute cancer

This will make me quit. I quit guildwars because of this garbage.

5 Likes

Well Said! Completely agree with this. The game back in the days was much better! Lets make eve great again! :cat:

1 Like

Aww, you poor, poor null krabs. Were you denied your infinite ISK-making machine?

tears

5 Likes