An Open and Honest Letter to CCP from an Alliance Leader

The OP did come across as a watered-down whine, a reasoned rant. But I read it, all of it.

I live in Highsec; my impression was that almost all of the post was concerned with reinvigorating Nullsec in an attempt to retain/attract active players.

I may be wrong, but I think the writer believes that his suggestions will improve the game as a whole; a sort of trickle-down effect. I’m sceptical.

But one of his suggestions which I’m absolutely against is that of reverting the subscription increase.

It was a reasonable change, given current and past commercial pressures. The Company offered (and continues to offer) attractive discounted deals. I’ll probably have to retire one of my accounts and replace it with an Alpha; that’s fine.

I play with what I can afford.

5 Likes

No. This was always a garbage mechanic. Making HiSec, LowSec, and NullSec unique for materials is a good thing. LowSec has never seen as much activity, even with declining numbers.

Why not? It’s profitable now.

2 Likes

I disagree. The price rise isn’t justified IMHO because the game quality has dropped as has the reason to log in. Why pay more for a reduced/inferior product than the one you were used to?

4 Likes

lol she is kinda right

Bx

but as long null sec people stay happy in null sec I’m good with that
its like all they touch turns into farms and voice chat channels

1 Like

It’s not profitable to build because you people overbuilt everything. Giving you more minerals and more money isn’t going to solve this issue; it’s just going to make it worse. How daft do you need to be to not understand the basic supply/demand curve concept as an apparent “industrialist?”

Not when the only way to “keep them happy” is by gorging them like French geese a month before Christmas.

3 Likes

Bravo. I wholeheartedly agree. If we had good reasons to login rather than just be treated by CCP like a cash cow then maybe we’d all re-subscribe again… I unsubbed 7 accounts and I’m not missing Eve in it’s current form at all.

3 Likes

I didn’t detect any humility in your response, so you should probably lighten-up on the ‘IMHO’ thing.

If you don’t like the game as it is, and you don’t like the price as it is, then you might consider doing the other thing?

Why indeed pay more for something which evidently disappoints you so much?

2 Likes

This is what we are trying to get across. Just because you hate a demographic of the game it doesn’t mean that their wishes aren’t valid and should at least be considered. Hate Krabs all you want - though the two guys lashing out at everyone else in the thread don’t seem to know what a Krab is - but drive people out of the game and you have no game.

2 Likes

i agree that the new industry suck ass

2 Likes

Don’t know why you all bother responding to a troll.

Bottomline, OP has some constructive ways of pushing the game forward before it tanks. Don’t agree with everything, but do agree with having some positive steps to help players play … especially those of us who don’t necessarily want to be in larger alliances. But either way, nice to get some concrete and actionable type suggestions out.

1 Like

Yep. It is rather remarkable how they continue to spew vitriol at others while claiming the others are the bad ones. Evading direct questions just to throw some further attacks.

What’s the phrase, “every accusation is a confession”?

4 Likes

lol, look at all the first-time forum posting Reddit krabs just magically pouring into this thread…

3 Likes

I endorse this message and/or product.

1 Like

and don’t forget to smash the like button

1 Like

I am a Null Sec player, my friends are Null Sec players. These changes are not the holy grail of Null Sec changes, they are the most basic bare minimum changes CCP could do to stop the bleed of players, including Null Sec players.

Its also fantastic you can afford the sub price. However not everyone can, and with the amount of nerfs in game, with the increased plex price, it becomes a two pronged problem. Snobbery will get you no where.

11 Likes

But others might need teh ores LS then has… And come there in… mining-boats… Civillian ships… Loot-pinhatas… :slight_smile:

I’m having fun.

9 Likes

Whatever you say about me at least I’m not you. A person so twisted you would happily see the game end rather than see other people enjoy a gameplay style you don’t like.

2 Likes

j’ai pas lu + osef + tu sais pas jouer au jeu tg

1 Like

ANOTHER? Open letter? … :roll_eyes: I am usually a well-rounded person who likes to read/debate but yeesh we already have so many open letters…

5 Likes