An Open and Honest Letter to CCP from an Alliance Leader

ISD= :scream: when they saw this thd! :wink:

They still exist?

Great post and very well written to make valid points of how many of us have been feeling and ideas of how to make eve a great place agan. Please listen to this pilot CCP.

“Dare to be bold, Pilot.” - Dark Shines 2022

2 Likes

Its actually a CCP quote from the Intro Video :smiley:

i-dont-give-a-■■■■-tupac-shakur
-CCP

2 Likes

:handshake: - Indicates a change inspired by player’s feedback or suggestions.

As a matter of fact, the OP was whining about players having to actually go to high sec. My point stands…

3 Likes

These miners want to fill up Highsec with orca fleets instead of 1 orca giving support to some barges. Nowadays and thanks to CCP only the “special” miners are still solo mining in orca, it came back to its original role as support ship.

They want the same for the rorq., but once the miner grabs your hand with the rorq., he will grab your arm with the orca being transformed again as a main mining barge.

2 Likes

Nullsec players are kind of like Alphas. Give 'em an inch, and they’ll take a mile…

1 Like

Thats what alt corps are for.

1 Like

This might just be the best post I’ve read on this forum in the last five years or so.

Will CCP listen though? I really, really hope so but somehow I doubt it.

4 Likes

Indeed. A welcome break from the daily anti-ganker whine threads…

2 Likes

If the steps in “Easy Wins”, even half of them, came out in patch notes, it would be enough to get my accounts back in the game. 15 a month x 12 is better than 0.00 a month.

There is the great question. Even if CCP liked the idea, how long would it take to pull it off?

The tutorials still have misinformation and bad mission descriptions that they’ve had over 10 years to fix. I wouldn’t hold my breath…

3 Likes

Thank you for reinforcing my point! :wink:

This. All of this.

CCP, I only have 2 omega accounts. With the omega price increases I am paying $40/month to play EVE.

To put this in perspective, I might as well be buying a big name, triple A game every month or two with the difference being that those games would be mine forever.

I was perfectly fine paying $30/month for these accounts as $15/mo/acct is pretty standard across the MMO genre. But then you increased it to $20 with the promise of THE BIGGEST CONTENT UPDATE EVER and since then you have delivered virtually nothing aside from updates to a single playstyle (faction warfare) and some cosmetics (which are great, for the record, but hardly justifying a $5/month hike in a game where having multiple omega accounts is almost a necessity).

The online numbers keep falling each and every day. You are losing the faith of your player base and it seems you are hellbent on milking every last cent you can while you run this game into an iceberg. EVE Online is truly a game like no other, but that doesn’t mean we the players will stick around forever.

Full stop. Reverse course. Or watch EVE Forever fade as the players move on to greener pastures.

3 Likes

Eve is a game, it’s supposed to be fun, not a constant grind for little reward. The biggest reason Eve was fun is because of the players, CCP should be 100% focused on providing more incentive for players to play and stay. Without a sense of reward and accomplishment (for newbros and veterans) there is no point other than a pretty space pixel chat room. More players via some of the suggestions listed = more revenue.

4 Likes

If a whopping $10 USD is going to make or break you, then there are probably better things you need to be doing with your life than playing online video games. And those Triple A games you mention have limited playability. As a side note, multiple Omega accounts are not a requirement. You are playing an MMO, get friends…

1 Like

It’s been forever since I posted on the forums, but this topic kind of made me want to pitch in my two cents worth. I guess I should probably start by saying that I don’t live in nullsec, I’m not a highsec ganker or wardeccer, and yeah… I’m pretty much a filthy casual these days. And admittedly, my reaction to the OP may be colored by the fact that I’m an outsider looking in on that part of the game. So I may very well be talking out of my butt here, and at some point, I’ll perhaps consider that I should have just kept my opinion to myself.

But on the other side of the coin, I really don’t have a dog in this fight other than the goal of seeing the perpetuation of a game I enjoy spending time in. So maybe I’m as close to a neutral opinion as might be had in this discussion.

That preface aside, I have kind of a nuanced take on the OP. I do think it comes off (a little bit) like complaining that you only get to eat filet mignon four nights a week. That said, I can see a fair point in some of the arguments made.

Price hike? I’m ambivalent. Without seeing CCPs financials, I can’t say one way or the other if it was truly necessary. It’s true that without players, there is no game. So if the price hike runs off too many players, that’s bad. But it’s also true that without developers and servers, there is no game. I think there could be a middle ground here (bigger discounts for long-term subs, multi-account discounts, etc.).

But, I also don’t think it’s reasonable for a player to feel entitled to PLEXing 5-10 accounts a month with their in-game grind. If you can do it, great. But it shouldn’t be expected to always be “the norm” - even if it once was. Things change, we must all adapt.

On nullsec in general, I’ve always thought of that region as being “the frontier”. Frontiers are where people make their riches. Frontiers are also where people die of dysentary and arrows in the back. So nullsec should offer both ample riches and ample dangers. The fact that a fair number of players (rightly or wrongly) regard hisec as being more dangerous than null, speaks to a problem IMO.

In that light, I do think restoring the spectrum of ore distribution in nullsec probably makes sense. But only if some redistribution occurs in lowsec and highsec, as well. I do think there should be regional variance to ore distribution, and it’s fine if there are some ores that are (much) more prevalent in one region than another. But I don’t think it makes sense for one region to have a monopoly on a particular ore. And I understand that having to schlep to hisec to mine veld might make nullsec feel less like a frontier, and more like living in the suburbs. So I guess I’m in favor of null being industrially independent to at least some degree.

However, speaking of things that make sense, I also thought Blackout made sense, and I thought that it should have been permanent. Nullsec is the frontier, after all. One shouldn’t expect to be safe on the frontier (especially if one shouldn’t expect to be safe even in highsec). Risk/reward fundamentals apply. On the frontier, if you want your territory to be safe you should probably have to rely on local militia to patrol your space (rather than relying on local to indicate that a neutral has just come through the gate).

So, I would pose this question to nullsec residents - you’ve asked for a laundry list of items, what are you willing to exchange to get those things that you want? Is (for example) having access to all the ores in null worth delayed local? Is having full bounties again worth changes that might make it less tenable to maintain control over vast regions of space?

Again, outsider looking in, but when I look at nullsec today I see a big blob of blue where players mostly putter about in their safe zones, and in between the occasional wars for lulz, it’s rent-seeking as usual. I suppose however, that game mechanics can only go so far in curbing human nature. And perhaps my memory is foggy or my retrospection rose-tinted, but I don’t recall null being that way when I started the game in 2009. I seem to recall it being a lot more interesting to hear and read about. And I’m fairly sure there would be common agreement that the game was in healthier shape back then, at least in terms of growth trajectory.

All of the above having been said, my primary interest is in seeing EVE perpetuate for another several decades, and to see healthy growth in player numbers over that time. So at the end of the day, whatever solutions achieve that outcome, I’m in support of them. And I concede that people who live and operate in null probably have a much better handle on what is needed there than I do. However, I do push back a little on the gimme-gimme tone (I’d prefer to see a Let’s Make a Deal approach instead).

If you’ve read this far, thank you. We now return to your regularly scheduled bickering, already in progress.

5 Likes