An Open and Honest Letter to CCP from an Alliance Leader

Alright, I’ve removed a ton of off topic posting/needless nonconstructive bickering back and forth/rule 1 violations. I’m going to reopen the topic now, and remind folks to play nice. This is the only warning I’ll give before more severe moderation action is taken. Thank you.

6 Likes

? This is the most civilized/consecutive thd I’ve seen in I don’t know how long? Far better than the meltdowns in other thds.

Sorry, just had to say it.

Edit; consecutive

2 Likes

Very sloppy. You removed pretty much all context for what people were arguing about, leaving a bunch of replies to nonexistent “ghost” posts. When you delete 70% of a thread, that’s either a clear sign that the thread shouldn’t exist at all, or that you’ve over-moderated it.

Like, really, you can’t clean a thread in 15 minutes that has 320 posts and requires two hours to fully read.

8 Likes

Well, since some posts were removed, I forgot who I was replying to that asked me how I would go about making changes to bring back high and low sec players, but here goes:

First and foremost, get rid of any and all ability to bot. Without that, any change would be moot. That goes for null sec, low sec, and high sec. A lot of the changes that the OP mentioned most of us would be amenable to if it weren’t for the botting problem. I have no problem whatsoever with a nullsec player making ISK hand over fist as long as they are actually at the keyboard doing said ISK making activity.

Bring back common ore types to null sec, as well as bringing back the slightly more valuable ores to high sec that were removed. Mining in low sec is a mess, as the belts do not respawn like they do in high sec, and NPC miners are rampant. Fix that and low sec residents will have many more targets to shoot at.

They made changes to the NPE and updated it, but it’s still a convoluted mess that mostly only confuses new players. They need to fix mission descriptions, among many other things. Also, make it to where you either cannot skip the tutorial and career agents, or give players the ability to skip it with the caveat that you will be permanently locked out of Rookie Help chat. We get sick and tired of a thousand players asking the same things ten thousand times a day because they skipped the tutorial.

Update the mission system. Currently there is no reason to get above 5.0 to 7.0 for a select few NPC corps. Give those of us who have 10.0 standing with corps and factions a reason to grind it. Make it to where we can directly sell LP to other players instead of having to convert it to items using a mixture of ISK, LP, and tags. Maybe give players a badge or medal in their bio for reaching a certain level of standing with an NPC corp or faction. Also, rewarding players with clothing items or ship skins for said NPC corp or faction would entice players to want to run missions and give them a purpose for grinding standings.

I saw nothing that needed to be removed? But that’s just me.

1 Like

but did that calm you down ganker?

How can I be a ganker if I don’t gank?

calm down small ganger

Sorry about your ship, friend.

1 Like

You misunderstand. For me it’s a $10 difference. For some it’s $50-100 or more. I am drawing a comparison between running just two accounts and the price of triple A games, many of which have regular, sizable content updates. EVE Online has neither regular nor demonstrably “good” updates. They are demanding more money from a dwindling playerbase while giving little to nothing in return.

As to not needing multiple accounts, if you have friends who can log in to salvage your wrecks, loot your kills, cyno you in wherever you want to go, watch every adjacent system whenever you want to run some PvE, reprocess, manufacture, et cetera, 24 hours a day 7 days a week and are available whenever you want to play EVE, then no, you don’t need multiple accounts. Else, you will quickly see the near necessity that having multiple toons for multiple purposes is.

2 Likes

Pay me 1 bilion ISK to read this Bible.

Every week we have a null bear whinning about ore changes and saying how he thinks that EVE has to be saved.

EVE is fine, thank you.

2 Likes

Sorry about your playstyle friend.

You exist in game and post on the forums for fair play. Hence you must be a ganker. Makes as much since as anything else said?

Brisc, is it you?

Calm down ganker

1 Like

I love that standard reply!

EVE-Offline :: EVE-Online Status monitor says otherwise, look at the all time graph.

1 Like

Almost all games have decreasing numbers, this is fine.